DinK visit to Triangle area?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: DinK visit to Triangle area?

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2009, 10:32 pm

devildeac wrote:I am having some surgery Thursday afternoon so I'm thinking I am out of commission for Thursday evening but would/could welcome a few visitors/well wishers at home...
Bummer. Hope everything goes well and they don't take off anything important ;)

What's the Ale House down the road from you?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 22nd, 2009, 10:38 pm

devildeac wrote:I am having some surgery Thursday afternoon so I'm thinking I am out of commission for Thursday evening but would/could welcome a few visitors/well wishers at home...
Devildeac, sending vibes everything goes well tomorrow. Perhaps we should call before coming over, just to make sure you're up for visitors.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 22nd, 2009, 10:46 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

It's the Carolina Ale House. There is also the Falls Tap Room about 1/2 mile north of that on the opposite side of the road which has reasonable food and a good beer selection. You and I ate at the Sawmill Tap Room (same owners) several years ago and had an ale or two with some fried dill pickle slices. Remember?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2009, 10:47 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

It's the Carolina Ale House. There is also the Falls Tap Room about 1/2 mile north of that on the opposite side of the road which has reasonable food and a good beer selection. You and I ate at the Sawmill Tap Room (same owners) several years ago and had an ale or two with some fried dill pickle slices. Remember?
Yes. Which do you recommend for tomorrow night? Can we bring you some takeout before we come over?

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 22nd, 2009, 10:47 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Devildeac, sending vibes everything goes well tomorrow. Perhaps we should call before coming over, just to make sure you're up for visitors.
Surgery is scheduled for 1 PM at Rex tomorrow and should take about an hour or less. I hope to be home shortly after 4 PM and at a keyboard shortly after 5 PM. :oops: :roll: :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 22nd, 2009, 10:48 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Give Mrs. DD a call after about 4 PM and we can chat then and perhaps make some visitation plans.
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » July 22nd, 2009, 10:49 pm

Vibes to you, DD. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 22nd, 2009, 10:51 pm

What's the Ale House down the road from you?[/quote]

It's the Carolina Ale House. There is also the Falls Tap Room about 1/2 mile north of that on the opposite side of the road which has reasonable food and a good beer selection. You and I ate at the Sawmill Tap Room (same owners) several years ago and had an ale or two with some fried dill pickle slices. Remember?[/quote]
Yes. Which do you recommend for tomorrow night? Can we bring you some takeout before we come over?[/quote]

The food selection may be a bit better at the Ale House but fairly comparable at the Tap Room. Give Mrs. DD a call after 4 PM as we have no dinner plans for tomorrow evening yet. She should be carting my groggy arse home about that time. I am not sure I will answer my phone but you could call that, too.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 22nd, 2009, 10:52 pm

Sue71 wrote:Vibes to you, DD. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Thanks, Sue. Hope you are feeling better also.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 22nd, 2009, 11:04 pm

Phone call from Ozzie-some sort of dinner gathering at the devildeac's abode may work out nicely tomorrow evening. And no, I will NOT try to show you my scar/incision... :oops: :roll:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 22nd, 2009, 11:05 pm

devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
Surgery is scheduled for 1 PM at Rex tomorrow and should take about an hour or less. I hope to be home shortly after 4 PM and at a keyboard shortly after 5 PM. :oops: :roll: :))
Happily it sounds like a short adventure but best of vibes anyways. Get a doctor's note so you can get out of work. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2009, 11:06 pm

OK, so how many do we have for dinner? Me, Tilly and DinK. Anyone else? If not, or if only 1 or 2 more, how about we get a couple of pizza's from Casalinga and take them over to DD's house about 6 or 6:30? This is actually his idea (I just talked to him on the phone). Pizza, some salad and beverages of choice. Would certainly keep the cost down, too!

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 22nd, 2009, 11:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:OK, so how many do we have for dinner? Me, Tilly and DinK. Anyone else? If not, or if only 1 or 2 more, how about we get a couple of pizza's from Casalinga and take them over to DD's house about 6 or 6:30? This is actually his idea (I just talked to him on the phone). Pizza, some salad and beverages of choice. Would certainly keep the cost down, too!
K68 likely will be joining us.

Ozzie, bringing pizzas to the devildeacs sounds great, especially if they are up for company.

What kind of beverages should we bring? As I will be dd (designated driver) will be avoiding adult beverages.

Devildeac, before you go under the knife, a little Surgery humor, can you send me directions to your house? Or Ozzie, I can meet you at Casalinga. In fact, let's do it that way, DinK, K68, if he joins us, and I will meet Ozzie at Casalinga and follow him to the devildeacs.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2009, 11:18 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:OK, so how many do we have for dinner? Me, Tilly and DinK. Anyone else? If not, or if only 1 or 2 more, how about we get a couple of pizza's from Casalinga and take them over to DD's house about 6 or 6:30? This is actually his idea (I just talked to him on the phone). Pizza, some salad and beverages of choice. Would certainly keep the cost down, too!

Ozzie, bringing pizzas to the devildeacs sounds great, especially if they are up for company.

What kind of beverages should we bring? As I will be dd (designated driver) will be avoiding adult beverages.

Devildeac, before you go under the knife, a little Surgery humor, can you send me directions to your house? Or Ozzie, I can meet you at Casalinga. In fact, let's do it that way, DinK, K68, if he joins us, and I will meet Ozzie at Casalinga and follow him to the devildeacs.
That'll work. What time is good for you? 6? 6:30?

As for beverages, DD will still have his surgical de-stimulants ( :D ) in him so he's not drinking either. Bring what you like!

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2009, 11:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

That'll work. What time is good for you? 6? 6:30?

As for beverages, DD will still have his surgical de-stimulants ( :D ) in him so he's not drinking either. Bring what you like!
I hope he shares!
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2009, 11:23 pm

DD -I hope the surgery goes well - and quickly.

I look forward to meeting everyone. K68 - I expect you to be there.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 22nd, 2009, 11:39 pm

How about a Drink-n-Dial call on Friday night?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2009, 11:40 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:DD -I hope the surgery goes well - and quickly.

I look forward to meeting everyone. K68 - I expect you to be there.
Travel safely tomorrow! See you at Casalinga!

What time is your flight supposed to arrive at RDU?

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 22nd, 2009, 11:41 pm

devildeac wrote:Surgery is scheduled for 1 PM at Rex tomorrow and should take about an hour or less. I hope to be home shortly after 4 PM and at a keyboard shortly after 5 PM. :oops: :roll: :))
I do hope that it goes well, and that you get good pain meds.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 22nd, 2009, 11:54 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I hope Ima FacultiWyfe can join us.

DukeUsul mentioned an interest also.
I'm watching this thread with great interest. Whether or not I can make it will depend on where you guys settle and whether I can get loose from the hospital in time to make it. If you decide on a Raleigh location, I'll need good directions. They honk at me all over town there since I wander a lot! I do have "Our Lady of the GPS" who talks me through most things if I give her an address. Carry on. I'm watching to see where and what time you settle on and hoping to make it.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe