Happy Birthday, Colchar1

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Happy Birthday, Colchar1

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 9th, 2013, 5:40 pm

devildeac wrote:
windsor wrote:Let us know what is up with new career when you get your nose above water....we miss you round these parts.

Good luck with those classes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Translation: my daughter is still waiting for you :D .
=)) =)) =))
Remember, she's out on her own now, a working girl. No, not that kind of work! ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 11th, 2013, 9:24 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Glad to know you are okay, Colchar.

Vibes for success in your classes. It sounds like a real grind. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

It is a hell of a grind. I've got a paper due tonight and a final exam Thursday and then, thankfully, I'm done for the summer. I have the majority of the paper written but I did it by hand whenever I could snatch enough time to get some work done even if I was nowhere near a computer. By the time I got home from class last night, had some dinner, cleared up after dinner, threw a load of laundry on, and finally managed to sit down at the computer it was 11:50pm. I tried to get some work done but just didn't have it in me so I flaked on the couch and went out like a light, waking up there at 7:30 this morning. But now I'm sitting here typing up what I have written for the paper so that I can get it finished, walk away from it for a couple of hours, and then go back and proofread it this afternoon.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 11th, 2013, 9:33 am

windsor wrote:Let us know what is up with new career when you get your nose above water....we miss you round these parts.

After walking away from my PhD program (for multiple reasons) I was having trouble deciding what to do. I got into a conversation with an old friend from high school who works in public relations/corporate communications. She had followed the exact same academic path as I had - B.A. in History, Master's in History, and then walking away from a PhD program after 3-4 years - and told me that a lot of the skills that we develop in History, especially at the graduate level, are used in public relations/communications and that she thought I would really enjoy it and do well at it. So I decided to take an introductory course to see if I liked it and it turns out that I do, so that is what I am pursuing at the moment...a post-graduate qualification in public relations/communications.

Good luck with those classes!

Thanks!

I'm actually doing quite well at it - I ended up with a grade of 93% on the introductory course, have a grade of 90% in one class right now (the one for which the paper is due tonight and in which I have the exam Thursday), and have a grade of 92.5% in my other class (the exam is yet to be graded but those should be posted by Friday and I expect that I did quite well on the exam). So it turns out that Michelle was right, I am enjoying it and am doing well. Now if only it was December and the damned program was over!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 11th, 2013, 9:36 am

devildeac wrote:

:romance-heartsthree: :romance-romance:
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 11th, 2013, 9:38 am

colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote:

:romance-heartsthree: :romance-romance:
FYI devildeac pays for all CTN weddings.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 11th, 2013, 10:07 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: FYI devildeac pays for all CTN weddings.
Love, Ima

Excellent!

I say we get married over in London and that devildeac pays to fly all CTN members over there for the wedding.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » June 11th, 2013, 11:14 am

colchar wrote:
Love, Ima

Excellent!

I say we get married over in London and that devildeac pays to fly all CTN members over there for the wedding.
Hell yeah!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 11th, 2013, 12:51 pm

DukePA wrote:
colchar wrote:
Love, Ima

Excellent!

Hell yeah!!

Fabulous idea! A London wedding! DD, you are too kind. We do love you so. :x
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 11th, 2013, 5:26 pm

colchar wrote:
Love, Ima

Excellent!

Ima tried that before. The devildeacs are out/retired/finished/kaput/done/no mas/finis/extinguished/terminated/extinct/cleansed/purged (did I miss any?) from the wedding business.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 12th, 2013, 8:55 am

devildeac wrote:
Ima tried that before. The devildeacs are out/retired/finished/kaput/done/no mas/finis/extinguished/terminated/extinct/cleansed/purged (did I miss any?) from the wedding business.

You ain't getting a choice, we're just sending you the bill. But since I prefer The Savoy to The Ritz, that will save you a few dollars per night.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------