LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 18th, 2013, 12:11 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:After I graduated from undergrad, I flew out to LA, spent the summer in Phoenix, bought a car, drove out to Augusta, GA, hung out at Duke for awhile, then a couple months in Richmond, VA, drove up to Boston, across the US to Seattle, back down to LA and then back out to Charlotte, NC where I started my first "job" after college.
How long did you take from undergrad graduation to your First Job after college? Sounds like you had a blast after graduation, just being FREE and EnJOYing LIFE!! And then.........a JOB.......

What all did you do during your Fun times in LA, Phoenix, etc.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 18th, 2013, 12:13 pm

The Powerball is suppose to be around $600 million tonight!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: Someone is going to end up HOG NASTY RICH!!!! Even after taxes!!!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 18th, 2013, 5:27 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:The Powerball is suppose to be around $600 million tonight!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: Someone is going to end up HOG NASTY RICH!!!! Even after taxes!!!
Gee! That'll be even more than Coach K makes this year!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 18th, 2013, 5:28 pm

It took about 18 months. I owed time to the US Army which started in September of and took until April.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 19th, 2013, 8:06 am

Capt Mojo won the Powerball again!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 19th, 2013, 8:26 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Capt Mojo won the Powerball again!
Hey! I never lose. :D =))
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 19th, 2013, 12:46 pm

A Lone Winner in Florida won the Powerball last night. It was $599.5 million.

Someone is HOG NASTY RICH, now!!!!

What do you do when you win a large Lottery? Obviously, take the Lump Sum! Go to the State Lottery office. But what do you do next?

You don't put that amount of money in one account.

Hire a good financial planner?

What would you do?

Of course, most of us would upgrade a vehicle or pay off vehicles and a mortgage and any debt, first.

And in other news Coach K is considering being the coach for the USA Olympic team 2016. Wonder what made him reconsider, after he said he wouldn't.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » May 19th, 2013, 2:43 pm

OK Windsor....was this you? I know you're in Florida somewhere! You've been awfully quiet this morning! Are you counting out our shares? :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 19th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Way to go Men's Lacrosse! Onward to National Finals! LGD! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 19th, 2013, 8:19 pm

"No secret to it. Just great kids." --- Danowski
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 19th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:"No secret to it. Just great kids." --- Danowski
"LIKE"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 19th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:"No secret to it. Just great kids." --- Danowski
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ to the coach and the team.

On to Philly! :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 20th, 2013, 7:29 am

IowaDevil wrote:OK Windsor....was this you? I know you're in Florida somewhere! You've been awfully quiet this morning! Are you counting out our shares? :D
I am about 45 mintues from Zhills (Zephyrhills) I have a number of dog training friends who live there...and I have been inthe Publix that sold the winning ticket. Sadly, I am writing this from my desk at work...which should tell you that I wasn't the lucky weiner - and if it was one of my friends...well they ain't sharin'.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 20th, 2013, 8:14 am

windsor wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:OK Windsor....was this you? I know you're in Florida somewhere! You've been awfully quiet this morning! Are you counting out our shares? :D
I am about 45 mintues from Zhills (Zephyrhills) I have a number of dog training friends who live there...and I have been inthe Publix that sold the winning ticket. Sadly, I am writing this from my desk at work...which should tell you that I wasn't the lucky weiner - and if it was one of my friends...well they ain't sharin'.
Oh darn, I was hoping for a CTN trip to somewhere wonderful paid for by your winnings! 8-|
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 20th, 2013, 8:18 am

I may not have won powerball - but I did see Star Trek and Iron Man this weekend...enjoyed both of them
(no spoilers)

I thought Star Trek was freakin' awesome (as evidence by the cheering and applause from the theatre in the end)
I am sure it is an excellent straight up sci-fi for non Trekkers but if you are familair with the Canon of Star Trek, well that is just a bonus. I love the 'reboot' cast. :x :x

IronMan is fun...it is, well Iron Man. It is a comic book character. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Then again, I would watch Robert Downey Jr. read the freakin' phone book. I would not kick him out for eating crackers.

Oh...and a bought a new computer toy this weekend...becasue I should never be allowed to got to best buy and 'look'
It is a Sony - VAIO Tap 20 - so it is either a huge tablet or a very skinny laptop :D :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 20th, 2013, 8:20 am

IowaDevil wrote:Oh darn, I was hoping for a CTN trip to somewhere wonderful paid for by your winnings! 8-|

If I ever have a big lottery win then I will set aside $$ to take all of hte CTN folks to the next Final Four Duke is in..on me. Including transportation, lodging, meals and of course TICKETS. Yeah, that it how I roll
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 20th, 2013, 8:50 am

windsor wrote:I may not have won powerball - but I did see Star Trek and Iron Man this weekend...enjoyed both of them
(no spoilers)

I thought Star Trek was freakin' awesome (as evidence by the cheering and applause from the theatre in the end)
I am sure it is an excellent straight up sci-fi for non Trekkers but if you are familair with the Canon of Star Trek, well that is just a bonus. I love the 'reboot' cast. :x :x

IronMan is fun...it is, well Iron Man. It is a comic book character. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Then again, I would watch Robert Downey Jr. read the freakin' phone book. I would not kick him out for eating crackers.

Oh...and a bought a new computer toy this weekend...becasue I should never be allowed to got to best buy and 'look'
It is a Sony - VAIO Tap 20 - so it is either a huge tablet or a very skinny laptop :D :D
I also saw Star Trek yesterday! Absolutely loved it, and as a borderline Trekkie (I've never wanted to go to a convention, but I love watching all the tv shows on BBC America) I knew all the inside stuff and was even predicting dialog! Kaaaahhhhhnnnnnn!

I'm down with your Duke FF offer! Me too. Same offer! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 20th, 2013, 9:12 am

windsor wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:Oh darn, I was hoping for a CTN trip to somewhere wonderful paid for by your winnings! 8-|

If I ever have a big lottery win then I will set aside $$ to take all of hte CTN folks to the next Final Four Duke is in..on me. Including transportation, lodging, meals and of course TICKETS. Yeah, that it how I roll
Offer accepted and same goes for me when I win the big lottery! :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 20th, 2013, 9:40 am

IowaDevil wrote:
windsor wrote:

Offer accepted and same goes for me when I win the big lottery! :)
I'll do the same. I, like the capt., did not lose. I didn't buy a ticket. Small towns never win the jack pot. I saw where power ball is bigger because there are less winning numbers and the price has doubled.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 20th, 2013, 9:53 am

I am in too on getting a CTN section at the Final Four if I ever win a meaningful lottery. :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.