LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » May 14th, 2013, 1:36 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Angelina Jolie Reveals She Had Preventative Double Mastectomy

The surgery took her odds of Cancer from 87% to 5%. Her Mother died of cancer and she carries the gene.

An incredibly couragous decision. She has probably just single handedly reduced the stigma of masectomy by several orders of magnitude.
I am tempted to perform castration without anesthetic on those morons making comments about 'she is dead to me now' and mourning the loss of her curves. ~X( I am sure if it was their wife/sister/mother/daughter they would not be saying 'go ahead and die, just don't touch those ta-tas!!'
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 14th, 2013, 9:03 pm

windsor wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Angelina Jolie Reveals She Had Preventative Double Mastectomy

The surgery took her odds of Cancer from 87% to 5%. Her Mother died of cancer and she carries the gene.

An incredibly couragous decision. She has probably just single handedly reduced the stigma of masectomy by several orders of magnitude.
I am tempted to perform castration without anesthetic on those morons making comments about 'she is dead to me now' and mourning the loss of her curves. ~X( I am sure if it was their wife/sister/mother/daughter they would not be saying 'go ahead and die, just don't touch those ta-tas!!'
What Windsor said. Too many people in this world are focused on the wrong things.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 14th, 2013, 10:35 pm

Many men are morons.

Yeah, I know, I like to state the obvious.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 14th, 2013, 11:05 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote:

What Windsor said. Too many people in this world are focused on the wrong things.
Yeah, what Windsor said.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 15th, 2013, 2:22 am

windsor wrote:

Angie should have been the People Magazine Most Beautiful Woman!!!! Not Gwynth!!! Angie had this procedure done so she could be a Mom to her 6 children! And Brad was by her side the entire time!

I have heard of several women having this procedure done. Sharon Osborne did!

Kudos to Angie! I think the $3000 test should be included in preventitive medicine!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 15th, 2013, 6:57 am

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 15th, 2013, 7:29 am

It is a glorious time to be alive.

Bacon.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 15th, 2013, 8:59 am

windsor wrote:

It is a glorious time to be alive.

Bacon.
What Windsor said. But I repeat myself.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 15th, 2013, 9:36 pm

I'll confess I went out and bought a Powerball ticket(3 actually) just a few minutes ago.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 15th, 2013, 10:16 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I'll confess I went out and bought a Powerball ticket(3 actually) just a few minutes ago.
Given your performance in CTN NASCAR last weekend, you did the wise thing. You'll get the jackpot on at least one of those three tickets!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 16th, 2013, 12:07 am

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I'll confess I went out and bought a Powerball ticket(3 actually) just a few minutes ago.
Given your performance in CTN NASCAR last weekend, you did the wise thing. You'll get the jackpot on at least one of those three tickets!
Then you can host the three week tour of France. :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 16th, 2013, 6:13 am

No one, which includes me, won the Powerball jackpot. It'll go to an estimated $475 million for Saturday, but I won't be surprised when it actually ends up over $500 million.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 16th, 2013, 8:09 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
Then you can host the three week tour of France. :happy-bouncyblue:

France?? Did someone say France...ooo ooo can I go. I would love to go, Mr. Windsor - not so much.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 16th, 2013, 1:13 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:No one, which includes me, won the Powerball jackpot. It'll go to an estimated $475 million for Saturday, but I won't be surprised when it actually ends up over $500 million.
I bought powerball tickets yesterday, also! I heard 1 person, matched all 5 white balls, which is worth $1 million.

The pool of money rises to a high amount, since the price went from $1 to $2 last year per ticket, and adding California into the Powerball game! I like the Big Money Pool!!!!!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 16th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Headed to $600 million, I'll make my purchases on Saturday.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 16th, 2013, 9:30 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:No one, which includes me, won the Powerball jackpot.
I did. I've never spent any money on it.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 17th, 2013, 6:09 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:No one, which includes me, won the Powerball jackpot. It'll go to an estimated $475 million for Saturday, but I won't be surprised when it actually ends up over $500 million.
I might buy one for Sat. drawing.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 17th, 2013, 6:12 pm

Given your performance in CTN NASCAR last weekend, you did the wise thing. You'll get the jackpot on at least one of those three tickets![/quote]
Then you can host the three week tour of France. :happy-bouncyblue:[/quote]

France?? Did someone say France...ooo ooo can I go. I would love to go, Mr. Windsor - not so much.[/quote]

I've never been to France. I would love to go. :happy-bouncyblue:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 18th, 2013, 9:50 am

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Sam is on his way to North Carolina. Instead of flying this time, he is taking the train, the California Zephyr. He left San Jose this morning at 4:20 Pacific time. Right now, he's somewhere between Reno and Winnemucca, NV. He's scheduled to arrive in North Carolina on Thursday night.

:9f:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gs_rn ... 3&q=nevada+

It's also known as the middle of nowhere. I imagine he's seen some pretty scenery along the way.

:9f:
We drove cross country about 30 years ago going west on I-80 and returning east on I-90, IIRC. Some dreadfully boring terrain but also some very gorgeous scenery along the way.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 18th, 2013, 10:10 am

After I graduated from undergrad, I flew out to LA, spent the summer in Phoenix, bought a car, drove out to Augusta, GA, hung out at Duke for awhile, then a couple months in Richmond, VA, drove up to Boston, across the US to Seattle, back down to LA and then back out to Charlotte, NC where I started my first "job" after college.