LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » April 30th, 2013, 8:02 pm

captmojo wrote:Watch for the new non-action hero...'Tickman'. Uggh, that'll be me. After my MD told me to take a series of antibiotics, call him if I wasn't feeling better in a couple of days because I had acute bronchitis, the First Mate found an embedded deer tick on the side of my big ol' belly last night and removed it.
Every symptom I was experiencing was related to anything BUT my bronchial tubes. Headache that will not go away. Like the brow of your head is wrapped in a tourniquet. 102 degree fever. My hands were HOT. I've never had hot hands.
Ticks is BAD shit. Little tiny deer ticks you don't even feel crawling on you, not big assed dog ticks.
Now, I have to go back over to the MD's office and show him my little bronchitis bug that was placed in a little plastic container. And, be certain the antibiotic he prescribed is sufficient. I dare him to charge me another co-pay!
Uggghh. So sorry to hear this. Doxycycline is the antibiotic of choice against tick-borne illness, so getcha some doxy, dude. Bleeehhhhh. Feel better, Capt.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 30th, 2013, 8:12 pm

captmojo wrote:Watch for the new non-action hero...'Tickman'. Uggh, that'll be me. After my MD told me to take a series of antibiotics, call him if I wasn't feeling better in a couple of days because I had acute bronchitis, the First Mate found an embedded deer tick on the side of my big ol' belly last night and removed it.
Every symptom I was experiencing was related to anything BUT my bronchial tubes. Headache that will not go away. Like the brow of your head is wrapped in a tourniquet. 102 degree fever. My hands were HOT. I've never had hot hands.
Ticks is BAD shit. Little tiny deer ticks you don't even feel crawling on you, not big assed dog ticks.
Now, I have to go back over to the MD's office and show him my little bronchitis bug that was placed in a little plastic container. And, be certain the antibiotic he prescribed is sufficient. I dare him to charge me another co-pay!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: Feel better soon, Capt!
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 30th, 2013, 8:15 pm

Anyone having vibes and prayers and good thoughts to spare, send some in the direction of my old friend Chip from home.

Chip pulled off the interstate to help a stranded motorist, and in trying to help her, both Chip and the lady he stopped to help were struck by a vehicle.

Both are in bad shape in the hospital. Chip had a traumatic amputation of his leg, but the hospital attempted to reattach it.

Thanks. :pray: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 30th, 2013, 9:10 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Anyone having vibes and prayers and good thoughts to spare, send some in the direction of my old friend Chip from home.

Chip pulled off the interstate to help a stranded motorist, and in trying to help her, both Chip and the lady he stopped to help were struck by a vehicle.

Both are in bad shape in the hospital. Chip had a traumatic amputation of his leg, but the hospital attempted to reattach it.

Wow - that's awful! Sending the strongest possible vibes his way. :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 30th, 2013, 9:19 pm

cap't, you need vibes: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: I hope you don't have limes disease. :YMPRAY:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 30th, 2013, 9:23 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Anyone having vibes and prayers and good thoughts to spare, send some in the direction of my old friend Chip from home.

OMG. That's terrible. Vibes and prayers for Chip and family. Also the lady he was trying to help. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 30th, 2013, 10:02 pm

Prayers and vibes for Chip and the woman he was helping.
Life is good!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » April 30th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Mega vibes(((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » May 1st, 2013, 5:33 am

Vibes, thoughts and prayers to the Capt, Chip and stranded motorist for quick healing!
And a couple of hugs for good measure! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 1st, 2013, 7:44 am

Massive Vibes for Chip :wizard:

Massive Vibes for hte Captain too!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 1st, 2013, 7:45 am

My brand spankin' new hot off the presses Samsung Galaxy S4 arrived yesterday.

:x :x :x :x

Making my geek heart sing. This mo. fo. rocks - Wow. Just Wow.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 1st, 2013, 8:22 am

Vibes for Chip. :wizard:
They have not mentioned Lyme's. RMSF however...I have no skin rashing. #:-s
Doxy is the shit! Three doses in, and my balance is much recovered. I'm beginning to get my taste back. Still not quite ready for prime time. Doc put me down until at earliest, next Monday.
I know I'll cheat. Of all things, I need to mow the yard! #-o
:violin:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 1st, 2013, 9:23 am

Update on Chip: his daughter said his leg was not reattached. I don't know how the lady is.
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 1st, 2013, 9:56 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Update on Chip: his daughter said his leg was not reattached. I don't know how the lady is.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Even more vibes for Chip and his family! How horrible.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 1st, 2013, 10:15 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Update on Chip: his daughter said his leg was not reattached. I don't know how the lady is.
Huge and massive vibes for Chip and everyone involved including TigerDevil! Hugs & prayers as well!

:wizard: :ymhug: :pray:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 1st, 2013, 11:42 am

Ouch! I'm vibing for Good Samaritan Chip.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 1st, 2013, 12:09 pm

Glad you are on the mend, Capt'n! Kudos to the first mate for the intervention. You owe her!!!

Good Samaritan vibes flowing for the accident victims. Did the driver stop? If he acted responsibly, I have vibes for him, too. The guilt would be unbearable.

Bless all your hearts.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 1st, 2013, 12:11 pm

LG, is this our Chip? Continued vibes ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 1st, 2013, 12:56 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
Huge and massive vibes for Chip and everyone involved including TigerDevil! Hugs & prayers as well!

It's a different Chip. I assume ChipSlate is fine. Yesterday TigerDevil and i had court. She was counting pennies to save for a flight to Oakland to see CV play for the Raiders, but otherwise she was fine, if bored.

Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 1st, 2013, 2:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:

It's a different Chip. I assume ChipSlate is fine. Yesterday TigerDevil and i had court. She was counting pennies to save for a flight to Oakland to see CV play for the Raiders, but otherwise she was fine, if bored.

Well I'm really glad for ChipSlate & TigerDevil but continued vibes for good samaritan Chip! I cannot get that out of my mind. Vibes & prayers from here!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: