LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » April 15th, 2013, 6:33 pm

IowaDevil wrote:I thank everyone for their vibes & prayers today. My Dad's memorial was a wonderful send off for an outstanding man. In addition, I successfully delivered the eulogy without falling apart. Thanks for your help. :ymhug:
We knew you could do it! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 15th, 2013, 8:15 pm

IowaDevil wrote:I thank everyone for their vibes & prayers today. My Dad's memorial was a wonderful send off for an outstanding man. In addition, I successfully delivered the eulogy without falling apart. Thanks for your help. :ymhug:
I'm certain that IowaDevilDad was smiling down on you from heaven, and that his love gave you the strength to deliver your loving eulogy.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 15th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Easily, the best news o' the day. :happy-bouncyblue:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 16th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Not really a joyous day today.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 17th, 2013, 8:20 am

I love woot.com this is just one of the reasons:

http://www.woot.com/plus/bacon-freak-bacon#
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 17th, 2013, 8:24 am

windsor wrote:I love woot.com this is just one of the reasons:
I hope you ordered one of each! :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 17th, 2013, 8:48 am

Knowing you, IADEVIL, I'm certain your eulogy was moving yet had a touch of lightheartedness. I know it was a challenge, but one you relished the opportunity to take.Of course, you'd already done the most important thing -- that of being there for your father when he needed you.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 17th, 2013, 9:46 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Knowing you, IADEVIL, I'm certain your eulogy was moving yet had a touch of lightheartedness. I know it was a challenge, but one you relished the opportunity to take.Of course, you'd already done the most important thing -- that of being there for your father when he needed you.
Love, Ima

What she said, Iowa.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 17th, 2013, 2:19 pm

I am still sleepy. (-|
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 17th, 2013, 6:31 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Knowing you, IADEVIL, I'm certain your eulogy was moving yet had a touch of lightheartedness. I know it was a challenge, but one you relished the opportunity to take.Of course, you'd already done the most important thing -- that of being there for your father when he needed you.
Love, Ima

What she said, Iowa.
Thanks to both of you. Yes it was a challenge but I needed to do it, my Dad deserved it. Am happy I did.
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 17th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Discovered this afternoon that poor Schatzi not only got "rolled" at the kennel like I was told, but had a puncture wound -- yes a bite -- that was not recognized and now has a smelly, draining abscess! Vet gave her a very unbecoming Schauzer haircut to actually see this ugly thing, debrided, antibiotic shot and pain meds, subq fluids, I am currently cooking boiled hamburger & rice for her as she has lost 2 of her 15 lbs.! Yikes, this was not part of the plan this week. Grrrr!
Last edited by IowaDevil on April 17th, 2013, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 17th, 2013, 6:44 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Discovered this afternoon that poor Schatzi not only got "rolled" at the kennel like I was told, but had a puncture wound -- yes a bite -- that was not recognized and now has a smelly, draining abscess! Vet gave her a very unbecoming Schauzer haircut to actually see this ugly thing, debridement & drain, antibiotic shot and pain meds and the bill came to $166! Of course the kennel will get the bill! Yikes, this was not part of the plan this week. Grrrr!
Oh, no! Vibes and prayers for Schatzi and treats from Cousins Merlin and Sasha. :O3 :O3 :wizard: :wizard:

Good luck in your conversations with the kennel.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 17th, 2013, 7:05 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Discovered this afternoon that poor Schatzi not only got "rolled" at the kennel like I was told, but had a puncture wound -- yes a bite -- that was not recognized and now has a smelly, draining abscess! Vet gave her a very unbecoming Schauzer haircut to actually see this ugly thing, debrided, antibiotic shot and pain meds, subq fluids, I am currently cooking boiled hamburger & rice for her as she has lost 2 of her 15 lbs.! Yikes, this was not part of the plan this week. Grrrr!
That's horrible. I believe I would give the bill to the kennel. :O3 :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 17th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Definitely! The kennel owes you! Besides that I'd not send her there anymore. Poor baby! I'm glad she's back with her mama now. Healing vibes coming her way from Lucky, :wizard:Murphy, :wizard: Reagan :wizard:and Rowdy. :wizard:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 17th, 2013, 9:37 pm

Definite puppy vibes.

:wizard: :O3
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 17th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Oh no! Poor Schatzi!

:ymhug:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 17th, 2013, 9:49 pm

I had something happen today that has never happened before.

I represented a client in a family law matter. She fired me several months ago. Today, her husband's attorney sent a private process server to my office who personally served me with a subpoena duces tecum. In the subpoena, the attorney requested my ENTIRE client file from my representation of this former client.

Who wants to watch me go to jail? Because that is what is going to happen before I turn over one piece of paper belonging to my former client to her husband's attorney.

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 17th, 2013, 10:00 pm

CathyCA wrote:I had something happen today that has never happened before.

I represented a client in a family law matter. She fired me several months ago. Today, her husband's attorney sent a private process server to my office who personally served me with a subpoena duces tecum. In the subpoena, the attorney requested my ENTIRE client file from my representation of this former client.

Who wants to watch me go to jail? Because that is what is going to happen before I turn over one piece of paper belonging to my former client to her husband's attorney.

That's just nuts. I'll chip in to help cover your bail if you go to jail. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 17th, 2013, 10:26 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

Same here. What idiot judge signed a subpoena duces tecum for your file? Did he/she miss the lectures on work product and attorney/client privilege? Can you file a motion to quash? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 18th, 2013, 7:17 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Same here. What idiot judge signed a subpoena duces tecum for your file? Did he/she miss the lectures on work product and attorney/client privilege? Can you file a motion to quash? :9f:
Procedurally, I think it may be my former client's new attorney's duty to file the motion to quash. I have a call in to the State Bar.

~ James Naismith