Boston Explosions

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Boston Explosions

Post by DevilAlumna » April 15th, 2013, 3:53 pm

BOSTON —Two explosions have been reported near the Boston Marathon finish line on Boylston Street as thousands of people gathered for the race, and there are reports of injuries.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/Ex ... z2QZ0EauK2

Paging BD - hoping fervently that you and your friends/family in the marathoning community are safe and sound.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Boston Explosions

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 15th, 2013, 3:59 pm

That's horrible. I hope no one is seriously injured. BD, hope none of you were there. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 15th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Two dead, dozens injured. I guess we're fortunate they attacked the finish instead of the start.
:wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: to all those affected.

**==
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 15th, 2013, 5:03 pm

BD checked in on Facebook. She and son were at Mile 20 - so 6 miles from finish. They are ok. Haven't heard from son's runner but word they have is no runners were hurt. Praying for Son of BD's Runner.

And all the others in Boston. :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 15th, 2013, 6:00 pm

I have several friends who were running...all accounted for,safe and swearing to run again next year.

:wizard: :wizard: vibes for all the injured and their families.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 15th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Horrible, just horrible.

I was very relieved to see BostonDevil's post on FB. One of my acquaintances, Robert Ramsey, is listed at the 40K mark at 2:52pm, then not after that.

Vibes and thoughts and prayers for those affected by this cowardly, senseless act. I hope the prosecutors will do the right thing.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 15th, 2013, 8:13 pm

Add me to the chorus of well-wishers for our friends in Boston. BD, I was thinking of you and your family this afternoon.

What kind of sick freak does this type of act?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 15th, 2013, 9:12 pm

CathyCA wrote:
What kind of sick freak does this type of act?

:9f:
If we only knew, they'd never be able to do it. I'd be willing to squeeze a trigger at him. Asshole, worthless piece of shit, shit for brains...there aren't enough titles.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 15th, 2013, 9:52 pm

windsor wrote:I have several friends who were running...all accounted for,safe and swearing to run again next year.

:wizard: :wizard: vibes for all the injured and their families.
Same sentiments expressed by a few I know who ran today. One was about a half mile away, the others were done.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 16th, 2013, 9:39 am

Add my vibes, hugs & prayers to the list for all those affected by some idiot's stupid plan. I too was really glad to hear BD's message that they were ok on FB. Sure hope Ronnie's runner is too! :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 16th, 2013, 10:21 am

Robert Ramsey was half a mile from the finish when the explosions occurred. His wife was across the street from the finish line. She wasn't hurt, just shaken up.

Continued vibes and prayers for all those affected by this unspeakable horror, and may the cowards behind this be brought to a swift justice.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 16th, 2013, 12:53 pm

God Bless Boston!!!

Thoughts and prayers for the Deceased and their families, and all of those injured by the explosions yesterday. Thanks to all the Good Samaritans that cared and carried the injured to safety and to the ambulances. And to all the EMS, PD and FD of Boston that responded to the event.

God Bless Boston and God Bless America!!! **== **== **== **== **== **==
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 19th, 2013, 12:13 pm

The Russian Brothers killed a MIT police officer last night. The older Brother is dead, with the 19 year old at large.

Boston and WaterTown are shut down. School is closed. No subways or bus transportation.

I think the young brother will strap explosives and have a trigger gun and go out in a Shame of glory.

It is horrific to think what these brothers have done (if they are acting alone). The loss of lives and injured and the cost of this Mass Man Hunt. Per CBS news, helicopters are swarming over Boston........... they are still unclear if this is a SLEEPER CELL of terrorism.

God Bless Boston! :pray: :pray:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 20th, 2013, 12:06 pm

I was at the Mens Basketball Banquet, when I got a message, Suspect #2 was hiding out in a boat in a backyard in WaterTown. So glad he was taken ALIVE, to the hospital. Hopefully, the kid will answer some questions.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 20th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Does anyone else think it's ironic that he jumped in a boat on dry land in watertown?

I feel bad for the boat owner. I hope he has insurance. His boat was bled all over, shot up, set on fire, had flashbang grenades detonated in it...
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 21st, 2013, 1:15 pm

bjornolf wrote:Does anyone else think it's ironic that he jumped in a boat on dry land in watertown?

I feel bad for the boat owner. I hope he has insurance. His boat was bled all over, shot up, set on fire, had flashbang grenades detonated in it...

The Homeowner of the Boat, should be given a nice Replacement Boat!!!! Just so glad that the Suspect Kid #2 was hiding out, and that the BLOOD was seen and the KID was taken alive into custody!!!

It is still unbelievable that two young brothers did this! And terrorized a complete city!

Thoughts and prayers for the families! :pray:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 8th, 2013, 12:13 pm

Has the oldest brother been buried yet? I know there has been an issue with several cities and states not wanting the body buried on their property.