LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » April 14th, 2013, 12:06 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Count me in - I'm a soprano. If someone has handbells we could use, AD & I could play a duet. If we have a piano player in the group, that would be even better as there is often a piano part with the duets.

I'll even buy my own airline ticket to get there - just to save DD some moolah.
Ooh, ooh, I played handbells at my old church. Got any trios? I can play four in hand down to the G below middle C, if necessary.
I had to try to play two in hand with G4-C5 and had a hard time with it. It is much easier with the higher bells. I'm sure I can find some trios for us. I know we have a book of bell pieces suitable for weddings in our collection at church. I think it is for 5 ringers but I bet we can cover them all between the 3 of us. Do either of you play the piano? I have a duet with piano of Ave Maria that I've been wanting to play. I no longer have anyone willing to try a duet - so I'm shopping for bell ringers. Want to visit KC?

IMA, I'll send you a list of the songs so that you can make your selection.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 14th, 2013, 8:10 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Count me in - I'm a soprano. If someone has handbells we could use, AD & I could play a duet. If we have a piano player in the group, that would be even better as there is often a piano part with the duets.

I'll even buy my own airline ticket to get there - just to save DD some moolah.
Ooh, ooh, I played handbells at my old church. Got any trios? I can play four in hand down to the G below middle C, if necessary.
I had to try to play two in hand with G4-C5 and had a hard time with it. It is much easier with the higher bells. I'm sure I can find some trios for us. I know we have a book of bell pieces suitable for weddings in our collection at church. I think it is for 5 ringers but I bet we can cover them all between the 3 of us. Do either of you play the piano? I have a duet with piano of Ave Maria that I've been wanting to play. I no longer have anyone willing to try a duet - so I'm shopping for bell ringers. Want to visit KC?

IMA, I'll send you a list of the songs so that you can make your selection.
I am a lousy piano player. I can play the hymnbook, but not so people could sing to it.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 14th, 2013, 8:50 am

I'm pretty good at using the stereo controls...
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 14th, 2013, 10:47 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm pretty good at using the stereo controls...
That. Yeah. I play a badass Marantz surrounded by 6 pairs of very efficient high-quality speakers.
That juke joint of mine will hold a grand opening before very long.
All crazies will get comp tickets for opening night! :happy-bouncyblue:
Drinks? You'll be on your own, there.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 14th, 2013, 12:16 pm

captmojo wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I'm pretty good at using the stereo controls...
That. Yeah. I play a badass Marantz surrounded by 6 pairs of very efficient high-quality speakers.
That juke joint of mine will hold a grand opening before very long.
All crazies will get comp tickets for opening night! :happy-bouncyblue:
Drinks? You'll be on your own, there.

Need more Cow Bell!!!!!!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 14th, 2013, 3:35 pm

I'm lucky to have an amplifier that goes to 11.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 14th, 2013, 6:30 pm

PMer...try again. Folder was full. :ymblushing:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 14th, 2013, 6:32 pm

captmojo wrote:PMer...try again. Folder was full. :ymblushing:
No! I'm glad you couldn't see it! That message was intended for 2 people, and I accidentally sent it to every single global registered user on CTN.

I have tried to recall the message. I'm glad you're not seeing it. That means that others aren't seeing it.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 14th, 2013, 8:30 pm

CathyCA wrote:
No! I'm glad you couldn't see it! That message was intended for 2 people, and I accidentally sent it to every single global registered user on CTN.

I have tried to recall the message. I'm glad you're not seeing it. That means that others aren't seeing it.

I just figured you wanted some Virginia legal advice.

I will forward the bill to DD, since he is so kind as to look after us all.

Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 14th, 2013, 8:33 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:No! I'm glad you couldn't see it! That message was intended for 2 people, and I accidentally sent it to every single global registered user on CTN.

You mean devildeac has adopted all of us? I'm so excited! I thought he had only agreed to cover Ima and her OP's renewal of wedding vows in Paris. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 14th, 2013, 8:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:No! I'm glad you couldn't see it! That message was intended for 2 people, and I accidentally sent it to every single global registered user on CTN.

You mean devildeac has adopted all of us? I'm so excited! I thought he had only agreed to cover Ima and her OP's renewal of wedding vows in Paris. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Paris, Texas?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 14th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Ah, man. I thought I was finally getting my first PM in months, then was very frustrated that I couldn't get it to appear in my inbox. Now I find out that I was not in the cool group after all. :((

It doubly sucks cause I appear to have a permanent 1 new message link stuck at the top of the page falsely exciting me every time I see it. Crap...
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 14th, 2013, 10:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Deac, I think the OP and I should renew our vows along about September. Would you spring for a reception? Something elegant for say, about 200 elderly guests? On second thought, I've always wanted a destiny wedding. I'll have my people call your people.

Love, Ima
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) I want to come! Would you consider a not-so-elderly person? Maybe I should be asking devildeac, since he's footing the bill... :9f:
We have exited the wedding planning/payment business, but, what the hey, ENSURE for all!

:tease: :tease:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 14th, 2013, 10:40 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) I want to come! Would you consider a not-so-elderly person? Maybe I should be asking devildeac, since he's footing the bill... :9f:
The lawgrads, Party of 2, would like to RSVP now.

Since DD is paying, the Rev Lawgrad would certainly offer his services for a small fee.
Hey, you've got the makings of a choir, too - CathyCA, DinK, and myself. Anyone else? (In the interest of having a somewhat balanced group, I'm alto and not very strong. I blend well.)
I'll sing tenor...

Ten or twelve miles away that is...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 14th, 2013, 10:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Heck, yeah, I'll sing!

Ima, looks like the party is really taking off. You've got the preacher and the music covered - you'll just need to pick a suitable song for us to sing. Sounds like it's going to be a great party, based on all the people that want to come. All that's left is catering and location. Devildeac, what say you? Where are we having this grand event? How big a party can we have? :D
Damn. I spend a couple days away from CTN on the road and folks are spending next year's income already. I've agreed to Ensure for all and might even throw in a couple Diet Cokes for the non-senior crowd.

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 14th, 2013, 10:48 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I've noticed that responses from DD are glaringly absent. I'm considering Paris (not the one in Tennessee) as the destination. I think that would be nice. Unless maybe the new Pope needs some experience in performing marriages. We aren't Catholic, but what the heck. That Vatican rocks and I love pasta. I'm flexible.
Love, Ima
I've been thinking about this, Ima. I think devildeac hasn't responded yet because he's excited and honored that you've chosen him to play such an important role in your big day - so much so, in fact, that he's completely speechless. The lack of response signals tacit approval. I think you should proceed with your plans - the bigger the better. Devildeac obviously wants it that way.

In thinking about your Paris/Italy plan, it seems to me that it would save your benefactor a lot of money if you chartered a jet to carry all the guests for your special day. Knowing devildeac's generous nature, I'm sure he'd want to cover travel as well, and first class tickets for 200+ guests would set him back a little bet. A special charter flight, complete with an onboard chef, would be so much cheaper.

That devildeac sure is a great guy. Have you thought about asking him to give you away at the ceremony?
If I give her away at the ceremony, her house and the OP's car goes with her. Or, more precisely, she goes one way and the dwelling, fixtures, furniture and furnishings come my way.

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 14th, 2013, 10:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z54-QHEZN6E
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 14th, 2013, 10:53 pm

All these replies have been great for PWing...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 14th, 2013, 10:55 pm

devildeac wrote:All these replies have been great for PWing...
Wait a minute ... you need an excuse? :-\ :-o :tease:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 14th, 2013, 11:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:All these replies have been great for PWing...
Wait a minute ... you need an excuse? :-\ :-o :tease:
=)) :ymdevil:
Iron Duke #1471997.