LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2013, 7:22 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:He did show up. Said there was a wire connection that wasn't right and he may it might be his fault. I told him "it sure wasn't my fault". He got it fixed and we now have air. Thank goodness.
So who did he blame the faulty wire connection on? Gremlins? Fans of the other blue? :9f:
No, he didn't. He owned up to it.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 11th, 2013, 7:24 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Well, if I have learned anything within the last couple of days, I have learned that I was correct in not contacting Old Boss about a job. I sent him an email to ask his opinion about something I'm working on; it's an analysis he does quite frequently. We'll say that I asked a question on a 12th grade level, just for the sake of argument. His reply was at about the 5th grade level. Dude still doesn't think I know anything at all. I'm not sure he will ever realize that I have a brain. :9f:
People generally do not change.

I am wondering if could speak informally to current boss regarding what your job was supposed to be and what it is...in a non confrontational kind of way....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 11th, 2013, 7:25 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Mom called and complained she was tired and sore.

Turns out she decided there was too much wax buildup on the kitchen floor and she decided to remove the wax herself. :-o
All I can say is this: I admire her spunk.
I'm with AD!! :)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 11th, 2013, 8:44 am

Turns out she decided there was too much wax buildup on the kitchen floor and she decided to remove the wax herself. :-o
Wow! LawGradMom is ambitious! That's hard work.

I once decided that I needed to remove the wax from my kitchen floor. I'd thought that my floor covering was yellow. Turns out, the previous owner had waxed the white floor so much, it had a yellow sheen.

Anywho, I called around to find out how to remove the wax. This one gentleman told me, "First you need to put some 'Skripper' on the floor. It will loosen up the wax, and then you can scrape it off."

I went to the Home Depot and asked them if they had any 'Skripper' because I thought that was the name of the product.

The very nice man at the Home Depot pointed me to shelf which contained gallons of wax STRIPPER. I am such a L-)

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 11th, 2013, 9:29 am

CathyCA wrote:

Wow! LawGradMom is ambitious! That's hard work.

I once decided that I needed to remove the wax from my kitchen floor. I'd thought that my floor covering was yellow. Turns out, the previous owner had waxed the white floor so much, it had a yellow sheen.

Anywho, I called around to find out how to remove the wax. This one gentleman told me, "First you need to put some 'Skripper' on the floor. It will loosen up the wax, and then you can scrape it off."

I went to the Home Depot and asked them if they had any 'Skripper' because I thought that was the name of the product.

The very nice man at the Home Depot pointed me to shelf which contained gallons of wax STRIPPER. I am such a L-)

You could have just put a dance pole in your kitchen. All the gyrations would surely take off the waxy buildup! B-) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 11th, 2013, 10:07 am

One of my co-workers has chickens. He has been supplying me with fresh eggs. As long as I keep bringing him egg cartons he'll keep me in free eggs.
They are awesome.

Mr. Windsor loves hard boiled eggs. We bought what I thought was the most stupid small kitchen appliance ever - an egg cooker (serioulsy....a pan, water...who the hell needs a cooker to make hard boiled eggs)
Boy was I wrong. That little thing rocks. Perfect eggs, every time, and pretty darn quick.

:animals-chickencatch:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 11th, 2013, 11:59 am

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote::wizard: to Ryan Kelly for his impending foot surgery.

http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/2013/0 ... ight-foot/
Somehow, this news really doesn't surprise me, but thanks for the link!
Didn't Ryan have his Foot Surgery on his 22nd Birthday????
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 11th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Omg.

Jethro looked at the three meaningless cases on my afternoon docket and said, "there's no reason you should have to hang around court for that crap. I will take care of it."

:-o :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 11th, 2013, 2:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Omg.

Jethro looked at the three meaningless cases on my afternoon docket and said, "there's no reason you should have to hang around court for that crap. I will take care of it."

wow.

stunning.

Shameless attempt to curry favor? Smart enough to realize bad blood has been created?

Interesting. Very Interesting.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 11th, 2013, 6:01 pm

Well, I haven't checked on LTE in so long it took me about a half hour to catch up with everything.

Vibes, vibes and more vibes to all you guys in hand to hand combat with fellow workers and bosses. Must admit to having been spared those thrills and spills. I've just sat and listened to family members recount their experiences for about fifty years. Some things never ever seem to change. What is it? "if you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, etc ....?" Just remember, Ima loves you!

I hope your mom is doing better, Lawgrad. And VDB, hold that AC guy's feet to the fire! Deac, I think the OP and I should renew our vows along about September. Would you spring for a reception? Something elegant for say, about 200 elderly guests? On second thought, I've always wanted a destiny wedding. I'll have my people call your people.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 11th, 2013, 8:05 pm

windsor wrote:
wow.

stunning.

Shameless attempt to curry favor? Smart enough to realize bad blood has been created?

I think there's a lot of currying favor, and maybe, hopefully, to create more efficiency in the office.

We practice vertical prosecution. In other words, if I start out with a case, I keep it forever. Every hearing, FOREVER, it's mine. At some levels, it's a good idea. If your house is broken into, you will only see one prosecutor for your case in every court and at every hearing. It's a good system for big cases, but it's inefficient, especially where the victims are corporate or the state itself is the victim. Walmart doesn't care if I handle a case at trial and Randy the Genius does the sentencing and the MP does the fail to pay restitution. So from an efficiency standpoint, it makes more sense for a person who is already in court to handle some of the BS things that come up, unless that person has a case where they're really invested. If I have a murder trial or a rape case, I don't want to have to do a speeding ticket at the same docket. But if I have a guilty plea or two or a minor felony, I don't mind doing a few minor trials or setting a case for someone else or doing a guilty plea.

However, MP whines if he has to do anyone else's cases, and so PHB has always had whoever started with the case handle it forever. (PHB liked the vertical scheme because he had very few cases, which meant he was free to kiss politicians' asses, act imperious, and generally drive everyone crazy.)

This morning, Randy the Genius and I sat for two hours so I could do three guilty pleas and RTG could do a couple and Jethro could do a few things. (In fairness, he didn't pull rank; the court takes out-of-town attorneys' cases first, then paid attorneys, then public defenders.) Woefully inefficient. Any one of us, max two, could have done the whole docket while the other could have done something productive in the office. (or RTG could have slept, which I guess for him is productive.)

If Jethro will be willing to change to a more efficient system, then that is a big plus.

But I'm still gonna reel out rope.... :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 11th, 2013, 8:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote:
wow.

stunning.

I think there's a lot of currying favor, and maybe, hopefully, to create more efficiency in the office.

We practice vertical prosecution. In other words, if I start out with a case, I keep it forever. Every hearing, FOREVER, it's mine. At some levels, it's a good idea. If your house is broken into, you will only see one prosecutor for your case in every court and at every hearing. It's a good system for big cases, but it's inefficient, especially where the victims are corporate or the state itself is the victim. Walmart doesn't care if I handle a case at trial and Randy the Genius does the sentencing and the MP does the fail to pay restitution. So from an efficiency standpoint, it makes more sense for a person who is already in court to handle some of the BS things that come up, unless that person has a case where they're really invested. If I have a murder trial or a rape case, I don't want to have to do a speeding ticket at the same docket. But if I have a guilty plea or two or a minor felony, I don't mind doing a few minor trials or setting a case for someone else or doing a guilty plea.

However, MP whines if he has to do anyone else's cases, and so PHB has always had whoever started with the case handle it forever. (PHB liked the vertical scheme because he had very few cases, which meant he was free to kiss politicians' asses, act imperious, and generally drive everyone crazy.)

This morning, Randy the Genius and I sat for two hours so I could do three guilty pleas and RTG could do a couple and Jethro could do a few things. (In fairness, he didn't pull rank; the court takes out-of-town attorneys' cases first, then paid attorneys, then public defenders.) Woefully inefficient. Any one of us, max two, could have done the whole docket while the other could have done something productive in the office. (or RTG could have slept, which I guess for him is productive.)

If Jethro will be willing to change to a more efficient system, then that is a big plus.

But I'm still gonna reel out rope.... :9f:
http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2013- ... e-and-take

I hope this link works. This guy from The Wharton School (youngest tenured there) has written an interesting book on "getting ahead" by whatever means and whether or not nice guys always finish last. He was on the Diane Rehm Show a couple of days ago. Verrrry interesting stuff for you guys out there dealing with back biters, etc.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 12th, 2013, 6:38 am

That's just crazie!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 12th, 2013, 7:07 am

I think Dianne Rhem just turned 245 last month.
How does WAMU keep her propped up?
:character-oldtimer:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 12th, 2013, 7:10 am

A day off work using FMLA. Tomorrow I'm interviewing candidates for caretakers to stay with Mom. #:-s
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 12th, 2013, 8:08 am

captmojo wrote:A day off work using FMLA. Tomorrow I'm interviewing candidates for caretakers to stay with Mom. #:-s
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Vibes that you find the right person to tend to your Mom.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 12th, 2013, 9:52 am

captmojo wrote:A day off work using FMLA. Tomorrow I'm interviewing candidates for caretakers to stay with Mom. #:-s
Vibes for you in you interviewing process, Capt. These are hard decisions. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 12th, 2013, 10:02 am

Sending vibes and prayers that you will find the perfect person to look after MamaMojo.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 12th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Vibes that all goes well and you find the perfect caregiver quickly! Not fun times for sure.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 12th, 2013, 1:42 pm

I'm with Ima, I am so far behind on everything it's taking me a while to catch up! Vibes and hugs to all! :wizard: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: