Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: DBR "Banned" Letter - A MUST READ!

Post by devildeac » March 31st, 2013, 2:38 pm

A recent PM from OY:

Devildeac,

The moderators have noticed that you have posted a link a couple times that shows some blue devil figures with GTHC on their backs. The last one in the line has his middle finger raised. While we heartily agree with the GTHC sentiment, we do have a rule against links that contain profanity or would otherwise violate the "family friendly" rules of the site. Technically, I supposed one could argue that this link does cross that line. Instead of issuing a warning or even an infraction, we are merely letting you know that we would appreciate you not posting the link in the future.

Thanks for understanding.

Best,

XXXXXXX mod

(Humorless bastards.)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 31st, 2013, 3:31 pm

devildeac wrote:A recent PM from OY:

Devildeac,

The moderators have noticed that you have posted a link a couple times that shows some blue devil figures with GTHC on their backs. The last one in the line has his middle finger raised. While we heartily agree with the GTHC sentiment, we do have a rule against links that contain profanity or would otherwise violate the "family friendly" rules of the site. Technically, I supposed one could argue that this link does cross that line. Instead of issuing a warning or even an infraction, we are merely letting you know that we would appreciate you not posting the link in the future.

Best,

XXXXXXX mod

(Humorless bastards.)

I'm do not understand how GTHC is "family friendly," while the extended finger of a caricature is not.

Sounds like hair splitting to me.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 31st, 2013, 7:27 pm

captmojo wrote:And if you want that new Duane Allman box set, pack your wallet! $140. (American) #:-s

Totally worth it!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 31st, 2013, 7:28 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Devildeac,

Best,

XXXXXXX mod

(Humorless bastards.)

I'm do not understand how GTHC is "family friendly," while the extended finger of a caricature is not.

Sounds anal retentive to me.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 31st, 2013, 7:41 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Devildeac,

Best,

XXXXXXX mod

(Humorless bastards.)

What? It doesn't mean "Go to HEAVEN, carolina"? I am STUNNED. STUNNED, I tell you.

Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 31st, 2013, 7:56 pm

Devildeac,

Best,

XXXXXXX mod

(Humorless bastards.)
:-$ :naughty: :-o :o) :-? :sigh: :-BD
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 31st, 2013, 8:12 pm

Devildeac,

Best,

XXXXXXX mod

(Humorless bastards.)
Wow! DBR secret service! That's a bit disturbing. Are they going to start calling out DBR posters who cuss on CTN?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 31st, 2013, 9:03 pm

DukePA wrote:

Devildeac,

Best,

DBR, do they believe they are in charge of all Duke websites? Please....

XXXXXXX mod

(Humorless bastards.)
Wow! DBR secret service! That's a bit disturbing. Are they going to start calling out DBR posters who cuss on CTN?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 31st, 2013, 9:08 pm