LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » March 21st, 2013, 8:54 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I received letter today from my insurance agency, notifying me that my homeowner's policy has been cancelled on my condo in St. Louis due to the fact that the condo is unoccupied. Can they do that? If no one will insure my condo, and I'm required to have insurance, what the heck am I supposed to do? Anyone have any ideas?

They can, and they do. You are supposed to notify the insurance company when a property's occuppied status changes (to vacant, to rental, to non-primary residence) or they will cancel you as soon as they find out. Had you had to file a claim, they would have denied it as soon as they found out the property was vacant.

Most people are unware and don't find out until the get the cancellation notice or a claim is denied.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 21st, 2013, 1:27 pm

I can't be the only prosecutor in Virginia who thinks that there has to be a better name for a Continuing Legal Education class than "Human Trafficking for the Service Provider." :-o

Of course, these are the same people that were looking for persons with sexual assault experience for a previous class. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 21st, 2013, 2:53 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I can't be the only prosecutor in Virginia who thinks that there has to be a better name for a Continuing Legal Education class than "Human Trafficking for the Service Provider." :-o

Of course, these are the same people that were looking for persons with sexual assault experience for a previous class. :9f:
That is so stupid. Will Virginia ever catch up?
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 21st, 2013, 8:48 pm

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I received letter today from my insurance agency, notifying me that my homeowner's policy has been cancelled on my condo in St. Louis due to the fact that the condo is unoccupied. Can they do that? If no one will insure my condo, and I'm required to have insurance, what the heck am I supposed to do? Anyone have any ideas?

They can, and they do. You are supposed to notify the insurance company when a property's occuppied status changes (to vacant, to rental, to non-primary residence) or they will cancel you as soon as they find out. Had you had to file a claim, they would have denied it as soon as they found out the property was vacant.

Most people are unware and don't find out until the get the cancellation notice or a claim is denied.
I would ask your agency about a dwelling fire policy, if need be add a for rent tag to your listing.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 21st, 2013, 9:00 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I can't be the only prosecutor in Virginia who thinks that there has to be a better name for a Continuing Legal Education class than "Human Trafficking for the Service Provider." :-o

That is so stupid. Will Virginia ever catch up?
Virginia is run by people who think that "Mr. Jefferson" (that's THOMAS Jefferson, not AMILE) did everything perfectly, and what he said or did cannot be improved upon. Case in point: his university (alums hate the appellation "UVa," btw, even though it's in their fight song) has a living area called The Lawn. Seniors fight for the ability to live on The Lawn. Well and good, but most people in their right mind prefer indoor plumbing, and The Lawn's bathrooms and showers are detached from the housing areas.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 21st, 2013, 9:01 pm

Oops, I forgot something.

:9f: :9f:

There, now I feel better. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 22nd, 2013, 6:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27PSHASlGUU

Tommy. Harvard. Screw the bracket..go Crimson!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 22nd, 2013, 8:09 am

Woo-hoo! I picked Harvard! Woo-hoo!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 22nd, 2013, 9:56 am

windsor wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27PSHASlGUU

Tommy. Harvard. Screw the bracket..go Crimson!
Too funny. I love Tom Lehrer.

PHB, 60's hippie that he is, had never heard of Tom Lehrer, but he appreciated this nonetheless. :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 22nd, 2013, 11:51 am

Congratulations to Coach Tommy Amaker and the Harvard Basketball team!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Southern gave the Zags a good run !!!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 22nd, 2013, 7:36 pm

windsor wrote:

That's the thing: I did tell my insurance agent. They've known since shortly after I moved. They waited a year to cancel my policy. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 22nd, 2013, 7:38 pm

Road Runner told me yesterday that BarMinion's husband has a job offer in Houston. We are hoping that BarMinion finds a job in the same location as her husband. Please send vibes! :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 22nd, 2013, 7:45 pm

:wizard:
ArkieDukie wrote:Road Runner told me yesterday that BarMinion's husband has a job offer in Houston. We are hoping that BarMinion finds a job in the same location as her husband. Please send vibes! :9f:
I'll bite. :wizard:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 22nd, 2013, 8:06 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Road Runner told me yesterday that BarMinion's husband has a job offer in Houston. We are hoping that BarMinion finds a job in the same location as her husband. Please send vibes! :9f:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 22nd, 2013, 8:33 pm

Next chapter in "As the Bunsen Burns"

We had a departmental yesterday in which various faculty members present ideas for NIH grants. First up was Road Runner. Everything was very well thought out, technology is in place, preliminary results coming. It's an excellent (and very clever) project. Now for the fun part: remember the meeting a few weeks ago in which The Boss touted Wile E. Coyote as an expert in MacGyver's area of expertise? Well, MacGyver is a co-investigator for Road Runner's project, and it's in WEC's alleged area of expertise. During the course of the discussion, The Boss asked WEC for his opinion on Road Runner's project. The idiot actually questioned the validity of their work for a ridiculously stupid (and incorrect) reason. He then tried to tell MacGyver how he should be doing his part of the proposed project. MacGyver politely explained why he was wrong. (As an aside, MacGyver looked up WEC's publications in this area and learned that, to no one's surprise, there are some serious flaws in his work.) Scary take-home: The Boss is basing his opinion of our projects on what WEC thinks. It's seriously scary when you hear the question, "Well, (Wile E. Coyote) performed the experiment THIS way. Why aren't you doing it the same way that he did?" (The correct answer is, "BECAUSE HE DID IT WRONG!!!") MacGyver showed considerable restraint in how he answered this particular question. He never came out and said that WEC did it wrong, but it was strongly implied. Sadly, I suspect that no one else in the room, including The Boss, had any idea that WEC was opening his mouth and garbage was coming out.

Next up: Wile E. Coyote. Rather than doing a chalk talk, as Road Runner had done, he had prepared slides. His slides were so full of text that they were difficult to read. Then, to top it off, another colleague had to show him how to switch to slide show view. If his proposed project was not the worst one I've ever seen presented at one of these meetings, it was seriously in the running for it. His main hypothesis connected 2 observations that are completely unrelated. Two of his specific aims were completely unrelated to each other, let alone his main hypothesis. It's like he was using the fact that grass is green to prove that the sky is blue, and one of his ways of proving this point was to demonstrate that manure stinks. It was painful. Two or three different faculty members tried to ask early on how his points were connected. Each time, WEC told them to wait because the answer was on an upcoming slide. The answers never came. As Road Runner said when we left the meeting, "That's 45 minutes of my life that I will never get back." :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 22nd, 2013, 9:50 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Next chapter in "As the Bunsen Burns"

We had a departmental yesterday in which various faculty members present ideas for NIH grants. First up was Road Runner. Everything was very well thought out, technology is in place, preliminary results coming. It's an excellent (and very clever) project. Now for the fun part: remember the meeting a few weeks ago in which The Boss touted Wile E. Coyote as an expert in MacGyver's area of expertise? Well, MacGyver is a co-investigator for Road Runner's project, and it's in WEC's alleged area of expertise. During the course of the discussion, The Boss asked WEC for his opinion on Road Runner's project. The idiot actually questioned the validity of their work for a ridiculously stupid (and incorrect) reason. He then tried to tell MacGyver how he should be doing his part of the proposed project. MacGyver politely explained why he was wrong. (As an aside, MacGyver looked up WEC's publications in this area and learned that, to no one's surprise, there are some serious flaws in his work.) Scary take-home: The Boss is basing his opinion of our projects on what WEC thinks. It's seriously scary when you hear the question, "Well, (Wile E. Coyote) performed the experiment THIS way. Why aren't you doing it the same way that he did?" (The correct answer is, "BECAUSE HE DID IT WRONG!!!") MacGyver showed considerable restraint in how he answered this particular question. He never came out and said that WEC did it wrong, but it was strongly implied. Sadly, I suspect that no one else in the room, including The Boss, had any idea that WEC was opening his mouth and garbage was coming out.

Next up: Wile E. Coyote. Rather than doing a chalk talk, as Road Runner had done, he had prepared slides. His slides were so full of text that they were difficult to read. Then, to top it off, another colleague had to show him how to switch to slide show view. If his proposed project was not the worst one I've ever seen presented at one of these meetings, it was seriously in the running for it. His main hypothesis connected 2 observations that are completely unrelated. Two of his specific aims were completely unrelated to each other, let alone his main hypothesis. It's like he was using the fact that grass is green to prove that the sky is blue, and one of his ways of proving this point was to demonstrate that manure stinks. It was painful. Two or three different faculty members tried to ask early on how his points were connected. Each time, WEC told them to wait because the answer was on an upcoming slide. The answers never came. As Road Runner said when we left the meeting, "That's 45 minutes of my life that I will never get back." :9f:
Wow. Did The Boss pick up on the fact that WEC was feeding all of you a line of BS? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 23rd, 2013, 8:07 am

That's so bad it's funny. Who the heck comes up with this stuff? Did they actually think about it? :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 23rd, 2013, 8:16 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Next chapter in "As the Bunsen Burns"

Wow. Did The Boss pick up on the fact that WEC was feeding all of you a line of BS? :9f:
I think he liked Road Runner's proposal and recognized that Wile E. Coyote's idea left something to be desired. I don't think he has figured out that Wile E. Coyote is a legend only in his own mind. Incidentally, that's how MacGyver describes Wile E. Coyote. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 23rd, 2013, 11:11 pm

Let me be the first to write the headline for the result of the Wichita State vs Gonzaga game: "Wichita State Pulls off the Shocker!"
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:9f: :9f: :9f:
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 24th, 2013, 12:01 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Let me be the first to write the headline for the result of the Wichita State vs Gonzaga game: "Wichita State Pulls off the Shocker!"
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:9f: :9f: :9f:
I wish I had thought of that!!!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.