LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » March 19th, 2013, 8:47 am

sometimes it is fun to just keep reeling out rope.....just be careful as when WEC runs of the cliff and realizes Newton is in charge and he's going down he will grab on to anything to save himself (or bring folks along with him)

In other news, I have now ready up on high performance liquid chromatography and nano columns. Beat the hell out of what I was supposed to be doing at work right now.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2013, 8:58 am

windsor wrote:sometimes it is fun to just keep reeling out rope.....just be careful as when WEC runs of the cliff and realizes Newton is in charge and he's going down he will grab on to anything to save himself (or bring folks along with him)

In other news, I have now ready up on high performance liquid chromatography and nano columns. Beat the hell out of what I was supposed to be doing at work right now.
I'm starting to think I need to start documenting some of these things, as a CYA move.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 19th, 2013, 9:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:sometimes it is fun to just keep reeling out rope.....just be careful as when WEC runs of the cliff and realizes Newton is in charge and he's going down he will grab on to anything to save himself (or bring folks along with him)

I'm starting to think I need to start documenting some of these things, as a CYA move.

Yeah, I would...early and often. I would, if possible, advise others to do the same. This goes double for BGS.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2013, 9:40 am

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Yeah, I would...early and often. I would, if possible, advise others to do the same. This goes double for BGS.
I already passed that bit of advice on to BGS, regarding her issues with BarMinion. Every time she comes to my office with a new story, I ask her if she's written it down. I've also advised her to have as many conversations as possible via email so that she'll have supporting evidence.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 19th, 2013, 10:01 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

Definitely document everything, preferably on paper or at a computer that is away from your office. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 19th, 2013, 10:55 am

windsor wrote:sometimes it is fun to just keep reeling out rope.....just be careful as when WEC runs of the cliff and realizes Newton is in charge and he's going down ...
I'd bet he probably has a revised formula for gravity, as well. :D
Arkie, I believe you have accquired more, or as much, knowledge on ways to CYA as anyone I know.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 19th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Random post
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2013, 9:35 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Random post
QFE
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 19th, 2013, 9:41 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

You should never stopped undermentioned. It's sad, but but you must always CYA.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Today on "As the Lab Turns":

BarMinion has complained to Road Runner that we're creating a hostile working environment for her. IMO this is in retaliation for being proven wrong in some method development work that we've been doing, and also for a couple of fairly major mistakes she's made recently. I've lost count of the number of times that BarMinion has come up with some random excuse to make someone else look bad whenever she makes a mistake. This is how she manages to keep BGS in the dog house, and she does it to me on a fairly regular basis. (This also happens to be Wile E. Coyote's modus operandi, a contributing factor to why I avoid him like the plague.)

After hearing about the hostile working environment complaint and having a bit of time to think about it, I wrote Road Runner an email and bowed out of the method development work. I told her pretty much what I said above (retaliation for being wrong, deflecting negative attention). I added that it's a recurring theme, I'm tired of it, and I'm done. Apparently BGS also went off on BM to Road Runner in a separate meeting this afternoon. Road Runner came to talk to me after this meeting and told me that the method development work is dead in the water if I'm not working on it, because BM has no clue what she's doing. Based on a few things she said, I believe she's getting very tired of BM's behavior and is planning to have yet another chat with her. Lord only knows what BM will do in response, but I'd bet money that retaliation on BGS will be in the cards. Aside from BM getting called on the carpet again, I believe that the other positive outcome of today's events is that BGS might be more willing to chat with Road Runner when BM starts pulling her usual round of crap. So, if BM does decide to take it all out on BGS, and I suspect that she will, BGS will go straight to RR.

I still want to send Supervisor Barbie, BarMinion, and NuBarbie away to some island for a Survivor: Research Lab type contest. Now I would add Wile E. Coyote to the mix as well.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 20th, 2013, 6:51 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Today on "As the Lab Turns":

BarMinion has complained to Road Runner that we're creating a hostile working environment for her. IMO this is in retaliation for being proven wrong in some method development work that we've been doing, and also for a couple of fairly major mistakes she's made recently. I've lost count of the number of times that BarMinion has come up with some random excuse to make someone else look bad whenever she makes a mistake. This is how she manages to keep BGS in the dog house, and she does it to me on a fairly regular basis. (This also happens to be Wile E. Coyote's modus operandi, a contributing factor to why I avoid him like the plague.)

After hearing about the hostile working environment complaint and having a bit of time to think about it, I wrote Road Runner an email and bowed out of the method development work. I told her pretty much what I said above (retaliation for being wrong, deflecting negative attention). I added that it's a recurring theme, I'm tired of it, and I'm done. Apparently BGS also went off on BM to Road Runner in a separate meeting this afternoon. Road Runner came to talk to me after this meeting and told me that the method development work is dead in the water if I'm not working on it, because BM has no clue what she's doing. Based on a few things she said, I believe she's getting very tired of BM's behavior and is planning to have yet another chat with her. Lord only knows what BM will do in response, but I'd bet money that retaliation on BGS will be in the cards. Aside from BM getting called on the carpet again, I believe that the other positive outcome of today's events is that BGS might be more willing to chat with Road Runner when BM starts pulling her usual round of crap. So, if BM does decide to take it all out on BGS, and I suspect that she will, BGS will go straight to RR.

I still want to send Supervisor Barbie, BarMinion, and NuBarbie away to some island for a Survivor: Research Lab type contest. Now I would add Wile E. Coyote to the mix as well.
Wow, it's like a nerdy soap opera. :-B I'm hooked. Where's the popcorn? :D. We can call it "As the Bunsen Burns."
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 20th, 2013, 8:06 am

BarMinion has complained to Road Runner that we're creating a hostile working environment for her. IMO this is in retaliation for being proven wrong in some method development work that we've been doing, and also for a couple of fairly major mistakes she's made recently.

Ah yes, hostile work environemnt...the buzz phrase of the desperate. Usually because it gets people's attention and they scurry away in fear.

I would, if at all possible, warn RR that BSG is likely the target when BM is called on the carpet...that will make RR more aware and on the alert for BM's retaliation.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 20th, 2013, 5:05 pm

I'm sure the county will now end my internet usage once and for all, since I just looked at the deadspin.com bracket of curse words. Vote your favorite curse words, NCAA-bracket style (except there are only 64 words because they say 68 team brackets are stupid).

I would link but then the computer geeks next door would probably have their heads explode. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 20th, 2013, 5:40 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I'm sure the county will now end my internet usage once and for all, since I just looked at the deadspin.com bracket of curse words. Vote your favorite curse words, NCAA-bracket style (except there are only 64 words because they say 68 team brackets are stupid).

I would link but then the computer geeks next door would probably have their heads explode. :9f:
I looked at the bracket. It is hysterical!

I choose the #1 seed in the Compound Curse Word Region to win it all.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 20th, 2013, 6:12 pm

bjornolf wrote:

Wow, it's like a nerdy soap opera. :-B I'm hooked. Where's the popcorn? :D. We can call it "As the Bunsen Burns."
Nice name. I like it! :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 20th, 2013, 6:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I'm sure the county will now end my internet usage once and for all, since I just looked at the deadspin.com bracket of curse words. Vote your favorite curse words, NCAA-bracket style (except there are only 64 words because they say 68 team brackets are stupid).

I looked at the bracket. It is hysterical!

I choose the #1 seed in the Compound Curse Word Region to win it all.

Sounds like something I would enjoy. I must look it up. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 20th, 2013, 6:25 pm

today on "As the Bunsen Burns"

I learned that BGS has flat-out caught Wile E. Coyote rooting through supply cabinets belonging to both Road Runner and MacGyver. In fact, Road Runner has had an item come up missing that runs a cool $800. BGS worked late last night, and on multiple occasions WEC came into the instrument room, saw her, and walked back out. We discussed this at group meeting (without using names, but with Road Runner referring to "super geniuses" walking away with supplies) and came up with a plan of action for hiding and locking away supplies. If the problem continues, Road Runner says that she and MacGyver will take the issue up the food chain. One wonders how The Boss will respond to allegations that his protege has been caught stealing supplies from his colleagues. My guess is that WEC will immediately start throwing allegations out against other people, as is his usual MO.

It occurred to me today that the little weasel may have access to my office. If he has a master key to The Boss' labs, that could very well be the case. The next question would be, though, is he smart enough to realize that he has access to my office?
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 20th, 2013, 6:26 pm

I received letter today from my insurance agency, notifying me that my homeowner's policy has been cancelled on my condo in St. Louis due to the fact that the condo is unoccupied. Can they do that? If no one will insure my condo, and I'm required to have insurance, what the heck am I supposed to do? Anyone have any ideas?
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 20th, 2013, 10:21 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I received letter today from my insurance agency, notifying me that my homeowner's policy has been cancelled on my condo in St. Louis due to the fact that the condo is unoccupied. Can they do that? If no one will insure my condo, and I'm required to have insurance, what the heck am I supposed to do? Anyone have any ideas?
Call your agent and tell him or her that you need "vacant home insurance." It exists.

An interesting thing about vacant home insurance policies in North Carolina is that the contents of outbuildings and detached garages aren't covered under vacant home insurance policies. :-B

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 21st, 2013, 8:52 am

ArkieDukie wrote: It occurred to me today that the little weasel may have access to my office. If he has a master key to The Boss' labs, that could very well be the case. The next question would be, though, is he smart enough to realize that he has access to my office?

I am filled with devious thoughts to bust WEC in the act (many need to be ordered from the ACME company :) ) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: I am curious as to why they would wait to take this up the food chain. Sneaking around stealing supplies from other groups is, by the rules of any employer I have ever had, a fireable offense.

On a more practical level...your office needs locking cabinets (file or otherwise depending on what you have in there) if they are not provide, purchase them yourself. Immediately.

For giggles and grins, soemone needs to have a conversation (within earshot of WEC) about the new NANNY CAM in the instrument room. :D :D