Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » March 13th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Not much action here today.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 13th, 2013, 11:15 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I don't have that app.
All three of my kids love it. Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Where's My Water, Bad Piggies, and Angry Birds are there favorites.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 15th, 2013, 2:16 pm

BC sucks
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 15th, 2013, 2:50 pm

Miami blows!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » March 15th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Kerlina swallows! :D AW.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 15th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Crappy start to the weekend. Well, my schools went 1-1 and the Wildcats will lose. That doesn't make up for a crappy result versus Maryland.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 15th, 2013, 9:40 pm

I'm going back to being sick.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 15th, 2013, 9:43 pm

captmojo wrote:I'm going back to being sick.
I wasn't sick before but I am now. :ymsick:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 15th, 2013, 9:45 pm

I think I'll try the alcohol remedy.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 15th, 2013, 9:47 pm

I hope I get sleepy very soon. I want to sleep it (game) off. :(
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 16th, 2013, 12:24 pm

I wouldn't even watch the 1pm game, and go and do something outside. But go Wolfpack!!!! Rock the Hurricanes!!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 18th, 2013, 8:45 am

Holy cow! 13 users on line now. Don't you folks have jobs?
;) :D ;;) :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 18th, 2013, 8:52 am

devildeac wrote:Holy cow! 13 users on line now. Don't you folks have jobs?
;) :D ;;) :ymblushing:
I've been at the office already this morning. I stopped by on my way home from taking my kid to school. I was in my PJs.

Now it's time for a shower, makeup and to get dressed appropriately for court this morning.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 18th, 2013, 9:29 am

CathyCA wrote: I was in my PJs.

Now it's time for a shower, makeup and to get dressed appropriately for court this morning.

:9f:
PJs? Hmmm.
Oh! Oops. Wrong court.

I've been in mine since Friday! It's fun.
Of course, I haven't left the property here. :D
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 18th, 2013, 2:46 pm

I watched the NC State documentary of the 1983 "Cardiac Pack" National Championship team last night on ESPN. It was great!!!! Showed clips of each of the ACC tourney games that State had to win to even get to the NCAA!!!! Took down Ralph Sampson and UVA, and before that, Unc and Michael Jordan and company.

And then their run through the Six games!!!! Amazing!!!!!

Great Documentary!!! Loved seeing Jimmy V and him running around on the court looking for Whittenburg! And his ESPY award speech... so moving!!!

Great to see Coach K (and alot) on the doc also! Very moving that Coach K said he was with Jimmy V when he passed away.

30 years since NC State won the 1983 NCAA........... I can't believe it!! I remember pacing in the family room watching those State games and trying to do Homework and projects.

20 years this Spring, when Jimmy V passed away!!!!

If you havent seen "ADVANCE and SURVIVE"........ look for it on ESPN. Or perhaps you can watch it online from the ESPN website!!! GREAT!!!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 18th, 2013, 2:52 pm

#1 seed sUcK will not be hosting the 1st/2nd round of an NIT game. See below:

Normally, the better seed hosts, but Kentucky declined to host in its smaller gym due to the fact the NCAA 2nd/3rd Rounds will be hosted at Rupp Arena.
They did not have enough personnel available to run games at two arenas -- so they will play at Robert Morris.

:)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 18th, 2013, 4:40 pm

devildeac wrote:#1 seed sUcK will not be hosting the 1st/2nd round of an NIT game. See below:

Normally, the better seed hosts, but Kentucky declined to host in its smaller gym due to the fact the NCAA 2nd/3rd Rounds will be hosted at Rupp Arena.
They did not have enough personnel available to run games at two arenas -- so they will play at Robert Morris.

That's great! :-BD
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 18th, 2013, 4:53 pm

devildeac wrote:#1 seed sUcK will not be hosting the 1st/2nd round of an NIT game. See below:

How the might have fallen.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2013, 7:48 am

Could Kentucky become the first team ever to have both NCAA and NIT tourney appearances wiped from the records? :ymdevil: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2013, 8:11 am

Next in the ongoing saga of "As the Lab Turns"

Wile E. Coyote flat-out stole some instrument supplies from Road Runner, and Bar Minion caught him. We're locking down everything in the instrument lab to keep him from walking off with more stuff. I now believe he's responsible for some of my missing supplies. It's pretty sad when you can't trust your colleagues. L-)

I may or may not have mentioned this, but Wile E. Coyote "fixed" one of the old instruments last week and told The Boss that I had mis-calibrated it because all the mass values were off by around 1.2 amu. I took a look at the log book yesterday, and it turns out that Wile E. Coyote mis-calibrated it. Quick lesson: a mass spectrometer measures exact masses of molecules. For example, carbon is made up of multiple isotopes. The most abundant has been arbitrarily assigned a mass of 12.000 amu, and all other elemental masses are based upon this value. The elemental masses that we learn in chemistry class are a weighted average of the isotope masses, so the average mass of carbon is roughly 12.011. Depending on the size of the molecule and the elemental composition, the average mass and the exact mass can differ by quite a bit. Now, back to the mis-calibration: WEC used the average mass of the calibrant (higher than the exact mass by roughly 1.5 amu). For an alleged mass spectrometrist, he made a pretty major error. I cannot wait to tell Road Runner and MacGyver.

Oh, now for the other bit of fun from last week. Remember that fun conversation I mentioned recently, the one where WEC kept cutting me off in mid-sentence? Well, I found out why. He bought a VERY expensive kit with all the supplies necessary for packing his own nanoflow HPLC columns. In the conversation where he cut me off and changed the subject, he asked if I had ever packed columns before. The answer was yes, and he cut me off when I started to say something about the trick to the process. I found out on Friday from MacGyver that WEC has never packed a column before and is trying to get someone to come teach him how to do it. MacGyver and I can both pretty much do this blindfolded. Given WEC's treatment of everyone (he has also made the mistake of treating MacGyver like something on the bottom of his shoe), MacGyver did not volunteer to teach him anything. Lord knows he's not going to ask me, since I have committed the unpardonable sin of thinking while female. I told MacGyver we need to put a hidden camera in his lab, monitored in my office, and get a supply of microwave popcorn. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: train wreck waiting to happen.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein