Selection Sunday March 17

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Selection Sunday March 17

Post by devildeac » March 18th, 2013, 8:43 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I was listening to Laettner on AM 620 tonight. Fun interview but he doesn't sound very positive about this team's chances. And I think he's right. As much he thinks of these talented guys, there isn't a single man in there with a killer instinct. They play happy. They enjoy the game and each other. But NObody holds ANYbody responsible. You just don't see Mason getting into anybody's face and challenging him.... same for Seth ... same for Ryan. I've said all year. We need a couple of guys with a streak of mean. That just isn't there at crunch time. Have you noticed? There isn't a single guy on this team that folks love to hate.

I would LOVE for them to get on a roll and shut my mouth. But, I believe it takes the likes of a Laettner or a Singler....somebody who doesn't care what you think of him, just so he buries you.

Can't help it, though. They are STILL the sort I love to point to and say they are mine! :ymhug:

Love, Ima
Interesting observations. I posted the same thoughts about Laettner and Singler in a private email group over the weekend. Great minds think alike ;;) . We also won't have Nate, Bobby, Grant or Jason suiting up either.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 18th, 2013, 9:21 am

Sheed, Quinn and Seth have had moments this year, when they were 'on'.
But as for being hated, it's a total team effort. :9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 18th, 2013, 2:03 pm

I heard Christian on 620am last night also.

Has Duke had a player that people hated or disliked in several years? The JJ years, because he was such a sharp shooter. And Greg Paulus....but I think he was basically picked on! He certainly wasn't the point guard compared to Bobby Hurley or Jason Williams.

Everybody loved Nolan!!!!! He was so social media savvy!!! And with a beautiful smile!!

Kyle Singler was the Quiet Warrior Leader during his career. He never said much and always kept his composure. Jon Scheyer was the same way. People would post pics of Jon with his crazy faces, but he was a well rounded kid. Very nice through and through!

And Brian Zoubek only had the 2nd half of his senior year with complete dominance (thank goodness ^:)^ ^:)^ from Feb - April 2010) to lead Duke to the National Championship!!!! He wasn't hated, but was considered "Soft" and injured for the prior 3.5 years. No Hate there!!!

Austin Rivers!!! I think people in general probably didn't care for him for his arrogance. But always grateful he made the Buzzer Beater over Zeller at the Dean Dome!!!! The arena went silent!!!!!

Kyrie, bless his heart, didn't have a chance with Turf Toe!

We don't have the "3 Headed monster" as Sports Analysts called the trio of Christian, Bobby and Grant. I did love that trio!!! Along with the Law Firm of Scheyer, Singler and Smith!!!!

People just hate DUKE in general! Because of their past dominance! And you can never count them out!!! Duke makes the NCAA dance! They are the Team to look for with the Best Coach!

I remember when Duke (in the 80s) was everyone's Duke Darlings!!!! Make a run to the Final Four, but didn't win!!!! Then the Back to Back and Christian and the Shot!!!! And the Stomp!!!! OMG Butler can be compared to Duke with their Back to Back in the Final Four..... Everyone was pulling for Butler. Had Butler won Back to Back.......... they would be a Hated Dominace program and not everyone's Mid Major Darlings!!!! Love their coach, Brad Stevens!!!! Wonderful coach!!!

With that said!!!! We love Duke! We love our team! Coach K and staff!!! ADVANCE AND SURVIVE!!!!! Let's Go Duke!!!

:9f:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 22nd, 2013, 11:52 am

Alot of Brackets saw Red yesterday with HARVARD advancing!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: