Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Status Check!

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 10th, 2013, 1:58 pm

Posted: Yesterday 11:36 PM
RE: The Official UNC vs. dook Game Thread [Senior Day!!!]
---------------------------------------------
--- dubtowntarheel wrote:

Honestly, for me this comes down to last year and that damn Rivers shot. Sweep them last year and I'm fine with being swept in our rebuilding year. But now we've lost 7 of 9, and that ***** sucks.

I almost completely agree with you. But you've hit on something much bigger - coaching.

That Rivers shot happened only because of poor coaching down the stretch. We've lost seven of the last nine, and had the better team in probably six or seven of those games. Dook is winning all the games they're supposed to, and winning most of the games they're not supposed to. Dook has now won 24 of the last 35 - In every one of those instances they've had the better in game coach.

Roy is simply not in the same league as the guy on the other bench when it comes to tactics. In all other areas, he's better - but, as an in game coach Roy Williams leaves a lot to be desired. He's the only coach in America that would have three timeouts remaining at the end of this game - I mean, hell, dook called more timeouts in the second half than we did.

I know that we've all been completely spoiled by Coach Smith - the greatest in game coach of all time. The guy over in Durham is one of the best ones coaching today. You simply can't go down 14-0 to start a game, and be down by 25 midway through the second half against dook.

Posted: Yesterday 11:44 PM
RE: The Official UNC vs. dook Game Thread [Senior Day!!!]

I couldn't resist going to inside carolina. This post was not news to me and CTN!! :D :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 10th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Fervent prayers were offered yesterday by the parents and grandparents of Eden United Methodist Church in Mayodan, NC, on behalf of Duke.

The little kids (usually about 10, a few extra this morning) get a coloring sheet and word puzzles relating to the children's time story. The children's time story is usually based on the same passage the sermon is on.

The person who does the children's time :ymblushing: lets the children's director know in advance what the topic will be, so that she can find things on that topic.

Yesterday Dianne the children's director received a text that read: tomorrow's children's sermon is on the Prodigal Son. Unless Duke loses. Then the topic is the flames of hell.

Apparently the text went viral. By the time I got to church this morning, EVERYONE knew about it. :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 10th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Some in Mayodan need to be occasionally reminded that the old cotton mill currently in demolition that built that town, was named Washington Mills, in honor of Washington Duke, not George Washington.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"