NASCAR 2012

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: NASCAR 2012

Post by colchar » November 18th, 2012, 6:38 pm

If I hadn't left Harvick on the bench my drivers would have finished 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th. But by picking Edwards to start from the A-list, I screwed up the straight that I had going!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 18th, 2012, 6:43 pm

Lavabe wrote:All hail colchar, winner of this year's Nascar Fantasy league!! :ymapplause: :Clap: ^:)^
Thanks!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I believe I won this week, but I gained only 19 points on colchar. I believe I finished 59 points behind.

I am ridiculously glad that the season is over because you have done one hell of a job of whittling down my lead the last few weeks. In a short space of time, I went from a 350(ish) point lead down to winning by only 50-60 points. Another week or two and my lead, which had once seemed insurmountable, would have been but a memory.

I can take some consolation in winning my other fantasy league by over 500 points though!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 18th, 2012, 7:41 pm

There are only 14-15 weeks until the new season starts!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 18th, 2012, 9:39 pm

Indeed, colchar won by 59 points, and I led MILES by 489 points. Miles nudged ahead of Ymo by 23 points, and Ymo beat lawgrad by 57 points. Iowa was another 208 points behind, and Tilly was another 100 points behind that.

I wound up finishing in the 95th percentile, so I imagine that colchar was in the 96th. I managed to finish the playoffs in 219th place. If only I had saved Almirola for the last race!

I think I wound up using up all my picks for JJ, Bowyer, Truex, KK, Hornish, and Almirola. I had only one pick left for Jr and Biff.

Given that my chances of going to Madland next year are strong, would someone else take command of the fantasy league next year? It's not much work, but if something goes on, someone else should be commissioner.

The good news for me is that next year is an odd-numbered year. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 18th, 2012, 10:38 pm

I can set it up next year if you'd like. I set up the one at the other forum so can just do ours at the same time. Even though you cannot make different picks for the different leagues that you are in (it automatically makes you use the same picks for all leagues) I'm assuming the system will allow you to be commissioner for more than one league. If it does allow you to be commissioner of multiple leagues it is easy enough to set them both up at once. If it won't allow me to be commissioner of more than one league someone else will have to do it.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 20th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Today's news is Danica related. Not sure how it impacts her race performance. She will be driving a full season next year, right?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 21st, 2012, 5:07 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Today's news is Danica related. Not sure how it impacts her race performance. She will be driving a full season next year, right?
According to ESPN, she is planning a divorce.
Yes, she is part of Stewart-Haas, and will race a full schedule in Sprint Cup. And she will not be racing the Indy 500.
:|
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 21st, 2012, 6:35 am

Read last night that ratings for the last race were dismal. Track attendance was also poor. Could NASCAR be in trouble?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 30th, 2012, 4:48 pm

According to ESPN.COM, Childress seems to confirm that Harvick will race with Childress in 2013, only to go to Stewart-Haas in 2014.