LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » October 12th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Dancing with The Stars tonight..... it will be a Double Elimination week.

Bristol and Kirstie should be the bottom 2. But Drew and Helio might end up in the bottom two. Kirstie and Maks have a huge fan base. But this Dancing with The All Stars is on a different level, than the previous seasons.

Kelly & Val, Appolo & Karina, Shawn & Derek, Sabrina & Louie, and Gilles & Peta are at a whole other level of performance. They are outstanding each week!!! Enjoying this season which so much talent!!!!
Has this show jumped the shark?
My students tell me that SURVIVOR jumped the shark a long time ago.
Old Fogeys such as myself will still watch an episode or two of Survivor. I think most of the reality genre has jumped the shark. At least the contrived ones where it is a contest. The possible exception is Amazing Race, but I'm no expert on it.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 12th, 2012, 8:56 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Dancing with The Stars tonight..... it will be a Double Elimination week.

Bristol and Kirstie should be the bottom 2. But Drew and Helio might end up in the bottom two. Kirstie and Maks have a huge fan base. But this Dancing with The All Stars is on a different level, than the previous seasons.

Kelly & Val, Appolo & Karina, Shawn & Derek, Sabrina & Louie, and Gilles & Peta are at a whole other level of performance. They are outstanding each week!!! Enjoying this season which so much talent!!!!
Has this show jumped the shark?
My students tell me that SURVIVOR jumped the shark a long time ago.
Old Fogeys such as myself will still watch an episode or two of Survivor. I think most of the reality genre has jumped the shark. At least the contrived ones where it is a contest. The possible exception is Amazing Race, but I'm no expert on it.
I would like to see Survivor do something constructive, like build schools and hospitals and wells in impoverished parts of the world, instead of holding immunity statues and hanging upside down on ropes and other such BS. Until they do something to help people, it's just a show that is on sometimes when I'm in the gym.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 12th, 2012, 9:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Lots of yelling going on outside. I think the little girl next door is having a sleepover for her birthday (she's 10). I hope they decide to sleep at some point tonight.
Maybe they're Yankee fans! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 12th, 2012, 9:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Lots of yelling going on outside. I think the little girl next door is having a sleepover for her birthday (she's 10). I hope they decide to sleep at some point tonight.
Maybe they're Yankee fans! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
I think they are playing flashlight hide and seek.
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » October 12th, 2012, 10:12 pm

Yikes on top of everything else we have planned for our trip I made reservations to tour the Lemur Center one day! We can't wait! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 12th, 2012, 10:14 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Yikes on top of everything else we have planned for our trip I made reservations to tour the Lemur Center one day! We can't wait! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
We went there at my reunion. You will really enjoy it. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 12th, 2012, 11:35 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The smallest members of the lawgrad family :O3 :O3 are adding to the neighborhood noise pollution.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying a glass of Riesling from DA's neck of the woods, Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville, WA.
They do make a mighty fine Riesling. I'm also partial to their Cabernet. :D
Last edited by DevilAlumna on October 12th, 2012, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 12th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Hey AD, saw via FB that you're having travel woes. I hope they get worked out, and you get to where you're going in time to do what you were hoping to do! Hugs for dealing with crappy air travel! :ymhug: :ymhug:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 12th, 2012, 11:41 pm

I was supposed to be spending the weekend with my family in Arkansas. Flew out at 5, made it to Branson just after 6. Couldn't land due to fog. Circled for 45 min and then flew back to Houston. I just got home. Worst trip ever.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 12th, 2012, 11:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I was supposed to be spending the weekend with my family in Arkansas. Flew out at 5, made it to Branson just after 6. Couldn't land due to fog. Circled for 45 min and then flew back to Houston. I just got home. Worst trip ever.
Man, that is terrible. I saw your FB status and wondered if you had been able to Branson.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 12th, 2012, 11:46 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Hey AD, saw via FB that you're having travel woes. I hope they get worked out, and you get to where you're going in time to do what you were hoping to do! Hugs for dealing with crappy air travel! :ymhug: :ymhug:
Thanks DA!

Nope. Trip cancelled. If I took the rescheduled flight, I would've had 24 hrs with my family before turning around and flying back. Not worth it since I was there last month and will head up for Thanksgiving.

Funny bit of trivia: Mickey Gilley was on my flight. His show in Branson for this evening was obviously cancelled as well.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 13th, 2012, 12:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote: Nope. Trip cancelled. If I took the rescheduled flight, I would've had 24 hrs with my family before turning around and flying back. Not worth it since I was there last month and will head up for Thanksgiving.
Ugh, that sucks extra hard that you won't even get to see your fam, I'm sorry. Luckily*, Thanksgiving's not that far away.

(* But I'm so not ready to be in the holiday season - I still don't know what happened to July/August!)
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 13th, 2012, 10:09 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I was supposed to be spending the weekend with my family in Arkansas. Flew out at 5, made it to Branson just after 6. Couldn't land due to fog. Circled for 45 min and then flew back to Houston. I just got home. Worst trip ever.
Well this just isn't the way to start the weekend....damned weather! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 13th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Having trouble signing on OY. Can't believe they shut down the site. After a FB loss. 8-| =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 13th, 2012, 6:17 pm

devildeac wrote:Having trouble signing on OY. Can't believe they shut down the site. After a FB loss. 8-| =))
It won't even let me sign in. I know my name and my password. It's not letting me log on. I even got the following email:
Dear CathyCA,

Someone has tried to log into your account on DBR Boards with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address:

All the best,
DBR Boards
Note that the IP address is blank. I know whose IP address from where the attempted log-ins are originating. It's mine!

And all this after a football game? Unbelievable! :D

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Hope the True Blue 'Cue Crew had a better day than the football team did. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 13th, 2012, 8:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Hope the True Blue 'Cue Crew had a better day than the football team did. :9f:
They moved up 10 places in the overall standings, compared to last year! They finished 27th, out of 40 teams. No trophies this year, but I can attest that all the food was delicious! Ymm ribs! :duke:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Watching the Razorbacks beat the snot out of Kentucky. 35-0 with 4 min remaining in the first half, and we are marching down the field again.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2012, 9:29 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Hope the True Blue 'Cue Crew had a better day than the football team did. :9f:
They moved up 10 places in the overall standings, compared to last year! They finished 27th, out of 40 teams. No trophies this year, but I can attest that all the food was delicious! Ymm ribs! :duke:
Excellent! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2012, 9:31 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Watching the Razorbacks beat the snot out of Kentucky. 35-0 with 4 min remaining in the first half, and we are marching down the field again.
Touchdown, Arkansas! Will be 42-0 at the half. Poor Kentucky. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein