LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » October 4th, 2012, 3:30 pm

I would like to share an experience with you all about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had rare brushes with the authorities on our way home from the occasional social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks with some friends and I had a few too many beers and some shots.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a bus home.

Sure enough, I passed a DUI checkpoint, but as it was a bus, the authorities waved it through.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 4th, 2012, 3:33 pm

CathyCA wrote:I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it!

=)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 4th, 2012, 4:30 pm

CathyCA wrote:I would like to share an experience with you all about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had rare brushes with the authorities on our way home from the occasional social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks with some friends and I had a few too many beers and some shots.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a bus home.

Sure enough, I passed a DUI checkpoint, but as it was a bus, the authorities waved it through.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it!

:)) =)) =))
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 4th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Today's funny defendant story:

Coworker Andrew and I were in Circuit Court on a sentencing today. Defendant is very bright, but probably a sociopath. His attorney wanted to go ahead and get his case disposed of by a plea while defendant was in a cooperative mood.

During the judge's colloquy with defendant (judges always ask defendant if they are pleading guilty of their own free will, if they understand their guilty plea and the sentence they are getting, etc.), the defendant says, "Hey Judge, I got a question. When do I get my $20 gold piece and my donkey? It's on the books that I'm supposed to get that when I get out."

Coworker Andrew cried out a contact lens.

Apparently defendant needs an updated copy of the Code of Virginia. I've searched under "mule," "donkey," "ass," "gold," and "twenty dollar." Nothing relevant to his inquiry comes up.

Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 4th, 2012, 5:00 pm

CathyCA wrote:I would like to share an experience with you all about drinking and driving.

I saw this in an email the other day. =)) I thought about putting it on the Joke thread, but didn't. Glad you posted it!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » October 4th, 2012, 11:18 pm

CathyCA wrote:I would like to share an experience with you all about drinking and driving. I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it!

=)) =)) =)) :)) :))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 5th, 2012, 12:11 am

The better question is how did you get it in your garage?

:D
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 5th, 2012, 12:22 am

Bragging aunt time - again!

Niece Elizabeth, along with her partner Gabby, play #2 doubles on the Bangor high school tennis team. Early this season, the coach switched the doubles teams so that Elizabeth and Gabby became partners and they played Moravian for their first match - and lost 6-3, 6-0. The team lost 4 of the 5 matches that day. Yesterday, they played Moravian for the League Championships. It came down to Elizabeth and Gabby - if they won, the team won the championship. They lost the first set 5-7, won the second 7-5, were down 4-5 in the third set, including facing 3 match points in one game and 2 in another, to end up taking the third set in a tie breaker. League champions! And they avenged their only loss of the season.

I'm so proud of them.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 5th, 2012, 8:26 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Bragging aunt time - again!

Niece Elizabeth, along with her partner Gabby, play #2 doubles on the Bangor high school tennis team. Early this season, the coach switched the doubles teams so that Elizabeth and Gabby became partners and they played Moravian for their first match - and lost 6-3, 6-0. The team lost 4 of the 5 matches that day. Yesterday, they played Moravian for the League Championships. It came down to Elizabeth and Gabby - if they won, the team won the championship. They lost the first set 5-7, won the second 7-5, were down 4-5 in the third set, including facing 3 match points in one game and 2 in another, to end up taking the third set in a tie breaker. League champions! And they avenged their only loss of the season.

I'm so proud of them.
Woo-hoo! Congratulations!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » October 5th, 2012, 9:08 am

I'm so proud of them.

Congrats!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 5th, 2012, 9:48 am

I'm so proud of them.
Good job, Elizabeth and Gabby! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 5th, 2012, 6:40 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

I'm so proud of them.
Good job, Elizabeth and Gabby! :happy-bouncyblue:
yay!! go DinK nieces!!!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 5th, 2012, 11:23 pm

I'm so proud of them.

Way to go DinK niece and Gabby! High fives around! :-BD :-BD :clap:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 9th, 2012, 11:28 am

=)) =))

I was having a bad day until I reviewed pictures from a grand larceny case. The Walmart guys stopped the perp and took pictures of all the stuff he bought, and him. Boy, do I wish I could post his picture online...Guess what he has tattooed on his right cheek.

If you guessed his tattoo was comprised of two letters and was in a shade of blue we all find reprehensible, you can go to the head of the class. Dumbass has the sheep logo tattooed on his face! L-) :9f:

I wonder if he majored in Swahili.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2012, 11:40 am

lawgrad91 wrote:=)) =))

I was having a bad day until I reviewed pictures from a grand larceny case. The Walmart guys stopped the perp and took pictures of all the stuff he bought, and him. Boy, do I wish I could post his picture online...Guess what he has tattooed on his right cheek.

If you guessed his tattoo was comprised of two letters and was in a shade of blue we all find reprehensible, you can go to the head of the class. Dumbass has the sheep logo tattooed on his face! L-) :9f:

They told me it would come off!!!!!

Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » October 9th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Dancing with The Stars tonight..... it will be a Double Elimination week.

Bristol and Kirstie should be the bottom 2. But Drew and Helio might end up in the bottom two. Kirstie and Maks have a huge fan base. But this Dancing with The All Stars is on a different level, than the previous seasons.

Kelly & Val, Appolo & Karina, Shawn & Derek, Sabrina & Louie, and Gilles & Peta are at a whole other level of performance. They are outstanding each week!!! Enjoying this season which so much talent!!!!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 9th, 2012, 10:28 pm

=)) =)) =)) Again, the lawyers win the fun job award today!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 9th, 2012, 11:58 pm

For a minute there, I thought that the reason you couldn't post his picture online is because the tattoo was on his right butt cheek. Then I figured out that it's an active case.

Does your local Henry County paper post mug shots? I have a Pinterest board dedicated to funny mug shots, most of which I find in our local paper. I would LOVE to include this guy's mug shot on my Pinterest board.

On a related note, why does everyone shoplift from WalMart? Why doesn't anyone ever rip off the local jewelry store? Oh yes, I forgot! Free returns, no receipts required, and gift cards cheerfully issued in exchange for returned merchandise. They're giving it away!

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 10th, 2012, 1:48 am

CathyCA wrote:I have a Pinterest board dedicated to funny mug shots, most of which I find in our local paper. I would LOVE to include this guy's mug shot on my Pinterest board.

Hah! Just went to check it out - LOVE the Texas tattoo guy! :-o
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 10th, 2012, 9:24 am

CathyCA wrote:

For a minute there, I thought that the reason you couldn't post his picture online is because the tattoo was on his right butt cheek. Then I figured out that it's an active case.

Does your local Henry County paper post mug shots? I have a Pinterest board dedicated to funny mug shots, most of which I find in our local paper. I would LOVE to include this guy's mug shot on my Pinterest board.

On a related note, why does everyone shoplift from WalMart? Why doesn't anyone ever rip off the local jewelry store? Oh yes, I forgot! Free returns, no receipts required, and gift cards cheerfully issued in exchange for returned merchandise. They're giving it away!

It's an active case, and the mug shot I've seen is old and only shows the praying hands tat on the neck, not the "nc" one on the cheek. The pic I have was taken in the Walmart security office. I have saved it on my computer for when the case is completed....

The last year I heard figures for at the Varnish Zone Walmart, they lost $750K due to theft of one kind or another. They have upgraded their camera systems then, so hopefully it's gone down some.

I will check out your pinterest board. Sounds fun!

Beat VT. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.