Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » September 30th, 2012, 3:59 pm

bjornolf wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
windsor wrote:Today's lunch topic: Her older brothers picked on her. Raise your hand if you had older siblings and did NOT get picked on .... uh huh, that's what I thought.
Isn't it really more of a question of at what age did the getting picked on stop? For me, it was around 6th or 7th grade.
For me it was 7th grade, the first year I made the school football team. Before that, I mostly got picked on over the size of my mother. Got in a few fights over that. Oddly, after I started laying people out on the field, the picking stopped.
When I was in first grade, the kids teased me because my mother was fat. I tried to explain to them that she was expecting a baby, but they insisted that she was fat. After Christmas, the teacher called on me first for "show and tell."

With hands on my hips, I said, "Some of you said that my mother was fat. She was PREGNANT. Last week she had a baby and she's not fat any more." (The implied message to these kids was, "Mom's not fat, but you're still stupid.")

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 30th, 2012, 4:05 pm

TSA = Thirty Standing Around

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 1st, 2012, 5:26 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:We had errands in WS this morning that lasted WAY into the afternoon.

We ate-late-at La Botana, a Mexican restaurant in WS. I remembered as we pulled into the parking lot that the last time we were there, we beat NCSU at football.

Apparently La Botana is good luck.

Viva La Botana!
I BELIEVE!!!!! :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 1st, 2012, 9:58 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:We had errands in WS this morning that lasted WAY into the afternoon.

We ate-late-at La Botana, a Mexican restaurant in WS. I remembered as we pulled into the parking lot that the last time we were there, we beat NCSU at football.

Apparently La Botana is good luck.

Viva La Botana!
I BELIEVE!!!!! :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
I would go back there this Saturday, but I will be making life miserable for the yahoos. :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 1st, 2012, 11:24 pm

Good night. :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

A Geographical Tale

Post by lawgrad91 » October 2nd, 2012, 2:15 pm

from my coworker Andrew.

All jail phone calls are recorded, and even though the inmates are warned of this, they nonetheless confess on occasion to their mamas, their girlfriends, etc. Thus, in bigger cases, we often listen to their recorded calls, to see if there's anything that might help our cases.

Andrew was listening to a call yesterday between an inmate and his girlfriend, who is intending to get together enough money to bond him out. The inmate is in the Henry County Jail, which is, of course, in Henry County, Virginia.

GF: Baby, I'm gonna bond you out, and we're going to North Carolina and never coming back. I want to go to Charlottesville, or Roanoke, or Danville, but we gotta get out of this state.
Defendant: Uh, honey, those places are in Virginia.
GF: Oh.
D: You mean some place like Raleigh.
GF: No! I don't wanna go to that small town!
D: It's the capital of the state.
GF: Oh.

According to Wikipedia, Raleigh's population is two and a quarter times the population of Charlottesville, Roanoke, and Danville COMBINED.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 2nd, 2012, 8:39 pm

Good to see the fine people of Henry County know their geography.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 2nd, 2012, 11:00 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Good to see the fine people of Henry County know their geography.
And their math 8-| .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 2nd, 2012, 11:27 pm

Getting used to her new home...

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 3rd, 2012, 12:00 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Getting used to her new home...

Cute kitty! How are the others responding?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 3rd, 2012, 7:08 am

Not sure their reactions yet as her room is closed to the rest. Mason, the food lover of my cats, wanted in the room when he heard me open the wet food for her.

I have played with the others more in the last 12 hours than I did while in the house in Ohio. I brushed off the old toys and spent a lot of time with them. It is hard to get 4 cats to play at one time and probably isn't advised.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 3rd, 2012, 7:15 am

She is at least partially blind. Her eyes stopped developing after a few weeks and so her third eye lids are visible most of the time because the eyes themselves are too small for her eye sockets. She is able to navigate around her room without much trouble at least while I'm not there, she is still trying to determine my role in everything which has happened with all my other cats. She is going to the bathroom and eating and drinking which is a great sign. Grant and Kelly took a couple days before they started doing even that.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 3rd, 2012, 11:03 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Getting used to her new home...

How sweet! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: to all of you, Ymo; you, the new arrival, and the kitties who have a new friend to get used to.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 3rd, 2012, 3:57 pm

I think we need to re-institute the cuss up in the office.

I just reminded PHB that the office calendar said he has a doctor's appointment this afternoon. His reply was, "Shit! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

For those of you squeamish about language or under the age of 18, I apologize.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 3rd, 2012, 4:41 pm

My legal assistant has taken a new job. One of the local financial institutions offered her DOUBLE what we were paying. She has given us her two weeks' notice. I am happy for her and devastated for me.

I interviewed my first candidate this afternoon.

Sigh.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 3rd, 2012, 5:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:My legal assistant has taken a new job. One of the local financial institutions offered her DOUBLE what we were paying. She has given us her two weeks' notice. I am happy for her and devastated for me.

Sigh.

Good luck! Good legal assistants are indispensible, and hard to find (at least around here).

Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 3rd, 2012, 5:21 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:She is at least partially blind. Her eyes stopped developing after a few weeks and so her third eye lids are visible most of the time because the eyes themselves are too small for her eye sockets. She is able to navigate around her room without much trouble at least while I'm not there, she is still trying to determine my role in everything which has happened with all my other cats. She is going to the bathroom and eating and drinking which is a great sign. Grant and Kelly took a couple days before they started doing even that.
Very sweet. Welcome home kitty.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 3rd, 2012, 5:24 pm

CathyCA wrote:My legal assistant has taken a new job. One of the local financial institutions offered her DOUBLE what we were paying. She has given us her two weeks' notice. I am happy for her and devastated for me.

Sigh.

Your bosses need to wake up to the real world. :-?
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 3rd, 2012, 7:26 pm

Sigh.

I am so sorry. I know how much you enjoyed working with her. Sending you "find a great legal assistant vibes" :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » October 3rd, 2012, 9:45 pm

DukePA wrote:

Sigh.

I am so sorry. I know how much you enjoyed working with her. Sending you "find a great legal assistant vibes" :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

More vibes from over here.... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: