Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2012, 10:47 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I received an email today from the music director at our church, announcing his resignation. The impression I got from his message is that it's effective immediately. There was no hint of this whatsoever on Wednesday night at choir rehearsal. Pretty stunning.
I smell a scandal avoidance maneuver here. Who'd he sleep with? What drugs did he do? :ymdevil:
That's my first thought, too.
:9f:
Mine too. That or a health issue. Seems like he would've said so if that was the case, though.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I received an email today from the music director at our church, announcing his resignation. The impression I got from his message is that it's effective immediately. There was no hint of this whatsoever on Wednesday night at choir rehearsal. Pretty stunning.
Why did he resign?

Because "You'll Never Walk Alone" was not chosen? ;)
=)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 26th, 2012, 11:22 am

ArkieDukie wrote:And the winner is ...
"In My Own Little Corner" from Cinderella. The choir director wanted to do "You'll Never Walk Alone." No way I'm going to argue that one. Everyone liked my suggestion of "It's a Grand Night for Singing" as a big group opening number.
I like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt0YnVrfzGM
In his own little...pay attention at the 30 sec mark.

They're gonna play this one at MY funeral. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 26th, 2012, 12:15 pm

captmojo wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:And the winner is ...
"In My Own Little Corner" from Cinderella. The choir director wanted to do "You'll Never Walk Alone." No way I'm going to argue that one. Everyone liked my suggestion of "It's a Grand Night for Singing" as a big group opening number.
I like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt0YnVrfzGM
In his own little...pay attention at the 30 sec mark.

They're gonna play this one at MY funeral. :D
=)) =)) =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 26th, 2012, 1:30 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I smell a scandal avoidance maneuver here. Who'd he sleep with? What drugs did he do? :ymdevil:
For those of you who guessed, "Married music director having an affair with married church member," you may step to the head of the class. :twitch: :-o
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 26th, 2012, 6:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
For those of you who guessed, "Married music director having an affair with married church member," you may step to the head of the class. :twitch: :-o

I suppose he's not transgendered, then.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 26th, 2012, 6:56 pm

My iPod died last night. I've had that thing since 2005. I tried every solution I knew to fix it, including contacting Apple. Apple declined to fix it. I decided that if Apple wouldn't attempt to repair it for me, that it was time to get a new iPod.

I recalled that my Blackberry is ancient (4+ years old).

I also reasoned that a new iPhone is cheaper than a new iPod and a new Blackberry.

Therefore, this afternoon, I became the proud owner of an iPhone. Except for the stupid touch keyboard, I am having so much fun!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 26th, 2012, 7:50 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: For those of you who guessed, "Married music director having an affair with married church member," you may step to the head of the class. :twitch: :-o

I suppose he's not transgendered, then.

=)) =)) =)) =)) :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 26th, 2012, 7:51 pm

CathyCA wrote:My iPod died last night. I've had that thing since 2005. I tried every solution I knew to fix it, including contacting Apple. Apple declined to fix it. I decided that if Apple wouldn't attempt to repair it for me, that it was time to get a new iPod.

I also reasoned that a new iPhone is cheaper than a new iPod and a new Blackberry.

Therefore, this afternoon, I became the proud owner of an iPhone. Except for the stupid touch keyboard, I am having so much fun!

Congrats on the new iPhone! :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 26th, 2012, 8:47 pm

CathyCA wrote:My iPod died last night. I've had that thing since 2005. I tried every solution I knew to fix it, including contacting Apple. Apple declined to fix it. I decided that if Apple wouldn't attempt to repair it for me, that it was time to get a new iPod.

Yippee! Congratulations! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 26th, 2012, 8:49 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
There is just nothing like the cause of true love, is there? :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 26th, 2012, 9:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Why did he resign?

No clue. The letter was very vague.
Is HE pregnant? :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 26th, 2012, 10:33 pm

I got one for my new job just over a month ago at the $100 upgrade charge. Got a 2nd one on a new Verizon contract also for $100 for my office manager that she will use for about 6 months until the old job/business is phased out and then Joy will get that iPhone. I am quite satisfied so far. The keyboard is a bit "touchy" but I am getting used to it, even with my oversized thumbs :ymblushing: . Turn off as many apps as you can when not using them or your daily battery life will be <12 hours. Or, get a second battery.

Two key words: Pandora. Addicting.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 27th, 2012, 12:00 am

devildeac wrote:

I got one for my new job just over a month ago at the $100 upgrade charge. Got a 2nd one on a new Verizon contract also for $100 for my office manager that she will use for about 6 months until the old job/business is phased out and then Joy will get that iPhone. I am quite satisfied so far. The keyboard is a bit "touchy" but I am getting used to it, even with my oversized thumbs :ymblushing: . Turn off as many apps as you can when not using them or your daily battery life will be <12 hours. Or, get a second battery.

Two key words: Pandora. Addicting.
Can you replace the battery on an iPhone? I don't think so, but not having one, I'm not positive. Too bad you both couldn't wait until Sept. to get the new iPhone 5 instead of the 4s, although the 4s is a nice machine.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 27th, 2012, 12:16 am

My grandmother passed today, 11 days shy of her 103rd birthday. Ruth Gwendolyn was born Sept. 7, 1909. Finally at rest, eternally at peace.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 27th, 2012, 6:29 am

DevilAlumna wrote:My grandmother passed today, 11 days shy of her 103rd birthday. Ruth Gwendolyn was born Sept. 7, 1909. Finally at rest, eternally at peace.
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:

@};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

@};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

If I counted right, that's 102.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 27th, 2012, 6:50 am

DevilAlumna wrote:My grandmother passed today, 11 days shy of her 103rd birthday. Ruth Gwendolyn was born Sept. 7, 1909. Finally at rest, eternally at peace.
I know that you will miss her. Please accept my condolences, DA. :ymhug:

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 27th, 2012, 7:51 am

I'm so sorry for your loss, DA. Sending vibes and prayers to you and your family. :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :pray:
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 27th, 2012, 8:02 am

So sorry for your loss, heartfelt sympathites to you and your entire family, and big dose of vibes.
@};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

:wizard:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2012, 8:25 am

Wow, what an incredibly long life.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.