The ID's are on their way!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

The ID's are on their way!

Post by IowaDevil » August 22nd, 2012, 4:34 pm

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! We bought tix to C2C today, Duke PA gave us her UNC/Duke FB tix (TY TY TY! CTN friends are the best!) since they are going to a wedding,flights out of Chicago were on sale today and we are heading to NC October 16th! Mr ID has some "work" to do - maybe a half -day of it - in of all places...Smithfield! I am really going to see Duke vs. UNC - maybe not the BB one but I'm ok with anything close I can display my GTHc shirt! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:

We will be in NC 16-23 and are going to do some sight seeing so all suggestions of places we HAVE to see in your home state are most welcome. See you at Duke!

PS to Lavabe: lemur center is alread on the to do list! We missed it last trip!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: The ID's are on their way!

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 22nd, 2012, 6:42 pm

If you have time to go Asheville, the Biltmore Estate is well worth the effort. If you like any of the wines in the winery, you might be able to get them shipped home..... ;;)
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 22nd, 2012, 6:47 pm

I am so happy you guys can use the tickets! Wish I could hang out with you, but I'm seriously hoping that since I won't be there, that we'll beat them for the 2nd time in 2 freaking decades. GTHC!!!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 22nd, 2012, 9:23 pm

DukePA wrote:I am so happy you guys can use the tickets! Wish I could hang out with you, but I'm seriously hoping that since I won't be there, that we'll beat them for the 2nd time in 2 freaking decades. GTHC!!!!!
You do realize that if we do beat the holes while you are away, you won't be allowed back to WW in 2 years when they are back at Duke. ;) ;) :p
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 22nd, 2012, 10:21 pm

Wow, ID, I'm looking forward to seeing you 2. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2012, 10:25 pm

This is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to meet you in person! We won't be imaginary friends any more. We'll be real life friends!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 22nd, 2012, 10:56 pm

I hope we get to meet, so I can tell Sasha I met Schatzi's parents! :duke: :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 22nd, 2012, 11:36 pm

Glad you're coming :happy-bouncyblue: , but as I told you in the email, I won't be there either - I'll be back down here in Ft. Lauderdale, where I arrived this evening. Grrrrrrr. Email me again and tell me about the work to be done in Smithfield and with whom?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 23rd, 2012, 8:27 am

Yay! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » August 23rd, 2012, 9:24 am

I can't tell you how excited I am to get to finally put faces and real names with CTN monikers! We are going to travel some around NC during the week we are there - any suggestions besides Biltmore & Asheville area? I'm big on oceans, lakes & water and think I can convince Mr ID he is too! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 23rd, 2012, 10:20 am

IowaDevil wrote:I can't tell you how excited I am to get to finally put faces and real names with CTN monikers! We are going to travel some around NC during the week we are there - any suggestions besides Biltmore & Asheville area? I'm big on oceans, lakes & water and think I can convince Mr ID he is too! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Then you definitely need to head to Emerald Isle or the Outer Banks, which are 3-4 hours from Durham. Biltmore and Asheville are about 3 hours west of Durham.

In Durham there are the Sarah Duke Gardens, Life and Science Museum. Chapel Hell does have a planetarium. In Raleigh there is the Museum of Art and a few other museums. Great places to eat in all three cities/towns.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 23rd, 2012, 10:40 am

If you can be on the main quad of West Campus on Friday afternoon, you'll be treated to a carillon concert that begins precisely at 5P. This concert takes place each weekday afternoon. Friday's are special because Sam Hammond, who plays the carillon, includes our Alma Mater per the request of Terry Sanford, former governor and former Duke president. It's free and quite memorable! ;;)

If time is tight and you want to go to the beach, Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach are a straight shot down I-40 East. Because of the Interstate, you can even make it a day trip if you leave Durham early enough in the day..... lunch in Wilmington which has many fabulous restaurants and historical sites. Wrightsville Beach is less commercial than many beaches and that time of year will be quiet and lovely.... presuming we have no tropical storms headed for the NC coast.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 23rd, 2012, 10:51 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukePA wrote:I am so happy you guys can use the tickets! Wish I could hang out with you, but I'm seriously hoping that since I won't be there, that we'll beat them for the 2nd time in 2 freaking decades. GTHC!!!!!
You do realize that if we do beat the holes while you are away, you won't be allowed back to WW in 2 years when they are back at Duke. ;) ;) :p
Absolutely!! It will be soooooo worth it! GTHC!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 24th, 2012, 10:20 am

DukePA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
Absolutely!! It will be soooooo worth it! GTHC!!!
If it's any consolation, I have banned myself from Duke/unc basketball games as unc crushed our beloved Blue Devils in the only game I've ever been to.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » August 24th, 2012, 1:44 pm

As the resident Fayetteville native, I've got to pipe in and point out all the sites available in my hometown. First, you have to go see...no, nevermind that isn't really interesting and its in the bad part of East Fayetteville. But there is a can't miss site over in West Fayetteville...nope, on second thought, it's not safe in that part of town either so forget that one to. Yep, after reconsidering, I highly suggest you avoid my hometown all together.

:))
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 25th, 2012, 8:53 am

Bob Green wrote:As the resident Fayetteville native, I've got to pipe in and point out all the sites available in my hometown. First, you have to go see...no, nevermind that isn't really interesting and its in the bad part of East Fayetteville. But there is a can't miss site over in West Fayetteville...nope, on second thought, it's not safe in that part of town either so forget that one to. Yep, after reconsidering, I highly suggest you avoid my hometown all together.

:))
After being the victim of a gang initiation rite there, back in '93, I agree with the above sentiment. :ymsigh:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » August 25th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Advice taken...the ID's will avoid Fayetteville! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: