LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 17th, 2012, 6:09 pm

windsor wrote:the mantra is "i don't lose, I don't take prisoners, and I do not leave survivors"!
B-) :-BD :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2012, 9:48 pm

DukePA wrote:You're making excellent karma, AD! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
Man, I hope so. I'm tiptoeing the line of diplomacy on this one and am hoping I can stay on the right side. It's a tricky skate.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2012, 10:20 pm

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I have a WWWD apprentice: the person that I refer to as Brilliant Graduate Student (BGS). She's having loads of fun dealing with BarMinion (BM). Their boss is out of town for a couple of weeks, so BM is making BGS' life difficult. Basically, BM is trying to provoke an argument so she can rat BGS out to the boss. I've been advising BGS on appropriate, diplomatic ways of dealing with the fun. I have advised BGS to start keeping a journal that documents the crap that BM is doing. Hopefully she'll take my advice; biyotch is out of control.

I really need to replenish the emergency chocolate stash in my office.
I have always wanted a Padawan learner.

:yoda:

document. then document. then document some more. all while repeating the WWWD mantra 'who is the asshole who is the asshole' (actual the mantra is "i don't lose, I don't take prisoners, and I do not leave survivors" - but who is the asshole works better here!)
BGS actually asked me why she should document; all she has is "he said, she said." The best I could come up with was "you never know when you may need a record of what has happened."

I had a lengthier response that got eaten by a computer reboot for Windows updates. I realized while the machine was rebooting that I need to start keeping a diary of BarMinion's exploits as well. BGS is not the only person being manipulated. I seriously need to start tracking the lies that I know about - including the stuff that she's pulling on BGS. I was not a direct witness to the conversation, but I was involved enough in the process to see BGS' reaction upon discovering that BM had set up a 12 hr run.

Can someone please explain to me how bosses seem to be oblivious to dishonest/manipulative underlings who are sycophants?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 17th, 2012, 11:08 pm

I know I've already said "Good night" in the "Good Night" thread. However, I just remembered something very important.

I "sang" the Happy Birthday song to Christian Laettner this morning on FB.

Tonight, Christian Laettner posted back to me, "Cathy - Thank you for the birthday song!"

How cool is that?

I think I'll name my child after him. Oops! I already did!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2012, 11:19 pm

CathyCA wrote:I know I've already said "Good night" in the "Good Night" thread. However, I just remembered something very important.

I "sang" the Happy Birthday song to Christian Laettner this morning on FB.

Tonight, Christian Laettner posted back to me, "Cathy - Thank you for the birthday song!"

How cool is that?

I think I'll name my child after him. Oops! I already did!

=)) =)) =)) :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2012, 10:25 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:p[p[8 :ymhug: jjukkkkiijjii5 ihut77hirrifkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfk]f'f;f;;f;fvkdkdk3krkkrkfkoorkfkfkfkfrkktktkttk4ktkkrkrkrkkhhkhktktjt
rk3o2lolltrfghrwcvbbrrukffbbrgtygbgnnbn nnjfhfthmhkykykmgkkgkgkgkgkgkggrtttto5o5tttttttttttttttujnnbf o6ouiikikjlllkkkj
jyyoofhjhgjhn jv :duke:
Ruthie must have been at your keyboard.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2012, 10:33 am

I have come up with an idea for a quick publication. All I need is time on my colleague's instrument to run some samples. My colleague gets back from vacation later this week, and BarMinion leaves a day or so later. I will have the conversation with her after BM is out of the country. I do not want BM to claim the idea, and I do not want her to have anything to do with this work.

The project involves a statistical analysis of the effect of certain instrument parameters on experimental results - something I noticed a while back that most people in my field don't pay attention to. If the experiment works well and is published, it could be cited a lot. The beauty is, the experiment I'm proposing would ultimately benefit my colleage. If she's not interested, it would also be beneficial to PHB. I suspect he recognizes that fact enough that he'd be willing to participate. I'd rather not go that route, but I will if I need to. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Enjoying a weekend of sea water and sand pedicures :D .
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 18th, 2012, 6:32 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:p[p[8 :ymhug: jjukkkkiijjii5 ihut77hirrifkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfk]f'f;f;;f;fvkdkdk3krkkrkfkoorkfkfkfkfrkktktkttk4ktkkrkrkrkkhhkhktktjt
rk3o2lolltrfghrwcvbbrrukffbbrgtygbgnnbn nnjfhfthmhkykykmgkkgkgkgkgkgkggrtttto5o5tttttttttttttttujnnbf o6ouiikikjlllkkkj
jyyoofhjhgjhn jv :duke:
Ruthie must have been at your keyboard.
lrkfkghhhhh soctl kktkkttkhjktkhjhk :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 18th, 2012, 6:56 pm

devildeac wrote:Enjoying a weekend of sea water and sand pedicures :D .
Like.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2012, 7:31 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Like.

:D
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 19th, 2012, 8:35 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Like.

For you. Yeah. 8-|
As for me, attempted grass mowage and raindrop dodging results in a bursted transmission on the lawn tractor. L-)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 19th, 2012, 9:42 am

I was planning to do that today. I woke up to rain. Hopefully it will clear out by this afternoon.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 19th, 2012, 10:34 am

My new choir does a dinner theatre every year to raise funds. The theme for this season's show (coming in January) is the music of Rodgers and Hammerstein. I need to pick a song; I'm hoping that "You'll Never Walk Alone" hasn't already been claimed. Any other suggestions?
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 19th, 2012, 12:36 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My new choir does a dinner theatre every year to raise funds. The theme for this season's show (coming in January) is the music of Rodgers and Hammerstein. I need to pick a song; I'm hoping that "You'll Never Walk Alone" hasn't already been claimed. Any other suggestions?
Joy and I are partial to anything from this show:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 19th, 2012, 5:18 pm

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:My new choir does a dinner theatre every year to raise funds. The theme for this season's show (coming in January) is the music of Rodgers and Hammerstein. I need to pick a song; I'm hoping that "You'll Never Walk Alone" hasn't already been claimed. Any other suggestions?

Great (and demented) minds think alike.

I tried to mention Oklahoma! while ago but my droid wouldn't let me.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 19th, 2012, 7:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Great (and demented) minds think alike.

I tried to mention Oklahoma! while ago but my droid wouldn't let me.
"Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'". Hmmm

I'm also thinking about "In My Own Little Corner" from Cinderella.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 19th, 2012, 7:31 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Like.

I was jealous, and then I realized I could easily do the same thing this afternoon. So I did. I drove way out to the end of the island and walked along the beach, camera in tow. Took lots of pictures.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 19th, 2012, 8:58 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: I was jealous, and then I realized I could easily do the same thing this afternoon. So I did. I drove way out to the end of the island and walked along the beach, camera in tow. Took lots of pictures.
:

:text-worthless:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 20th, 2012, 12:36 am

Oh, so many options. My first thought went to South Pacific, and maybe, "You've got to be carefully taught," (if you wanted to convey a message) or "cockeyed optimist" for an upbeat spin. But then I see they did "Sound of Music," and "Climb Every Mountain" would seem almost mandatory.