CTN vibes for Devil in the Blue Dress Mom

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: CTN vibes for Devil in the Blue Dress Mom

Post by TillyGalore » July 14th, 2012, 9:42 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Continued vibes for DitBD Mom :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: and a few for DitBD, just for good measure. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thank you! After a really good couple of days, she's having a rough today.
As Jimmy Buffett wrote, "you'll have good days, and bad days, and going half mad days." I hope you and your mom have more good days than bad or going half made days. Vibes and hugs to you both!
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 14th, 2012, 10:09 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Continued vibes for DitBD Mom :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: and a few for DitBD, just for good measure. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thank you! After a really good couple of days, she's having a rough today.
As Jimmy Buffett wrote, "you'll have good days, and bad days, and going half mad days." I hope you and your mom have more good days than bad or going half mad days. Vibes and hugs to you both!
I echo Tilly's sentiment. Continued vibes and prayers for you and your Mom.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 14th, 2012, 11:13 pm

DITBD, I hope your mom is feeling better :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 15th, 2012, 10:14 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:DITBD, I hope your mom is feeling better :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
The worry for me has two themes. One is about going home, why she has to be in AL. I can deal with that pretty well and have learned how to let her mourn the changes in her life and then redirect the conversation to a more positive tone.

It's the slight physical pain she's feeling from time to time that's hard to handle especially on a weekend. I recognize that we're in a transition for others to do the monitoring and caring for her..... I'm trying to release that responsibility to excellent staff where she is, but I am very aware of the importance of monitoring her during these days soon after a heart attack. When we were in to see Mom's primary physician Friday, she offered to prescribe something for such pain, but it didn't appear needed at the time.

Devildeac has asked me questions and given me some insights about the treatment which have been quite helpful. I don't feel that I know much about care after a heart attack, especially in the elderly.

I'll check on Mom later today and hope for a good day to unfold.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 15th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Continued vibes & prayers from Iowa for healing & patience! :ymhug: :wizard: (-| :YMPRAY:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 15th, 2012, 2:46 pm

The older I get the more I understand what my mother, mother in law, etc all adjusted to over time. I was frequently impatient. Other times I would just write things off as "just the way she is". Now I'm seeing it through different eyes and my admiration for the tremendous grace they portrayed is growing by leaps and bounds. I wish I could have some of that time back with them for a "do over". Congratulations to you DitBD, for your insight and devotion. You'll have no regrets later on.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 16th, 2012, 10:45 pm

Mom fell out of her bed this morning. I met her at the ED of Wake Forest Baptist Health for what became a 12 hour marathon. She has several broken ribs and very painful bruising especially in her left arm and wrist (no breaks shown in X-rays) and badly banged up knee and knee cap (OUCHY). NO concussion, but a bad bruise on her forehead. As a precaution she's in ICU for observation and assistance to prevent pneumonia.

Prayers, vibes and positive thoughts all welcome..... and needed. This is the roughest stretch yet. There is little suffering that matches hearing your Momma crying out to God in pain
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 16th, 2012, 10:52 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Mom fell out of her bed this morning. I met her at the ED of Wake Forest Baptist Health for what became a 12 hour marathon. She has several broken ribs and very painful bruising especially in her left arm and wrist (no breaks shown in X-rays) and badly banged up knee and knee cap (OUCHY). NO concussion, but a bad bruise on her forehead. As a precaution she's in ICU for observation and assistance to prevent pneumonia.

Prayers, vibes and positive thoughts all welcome..... and needed. This is the roughest stretch yet. There is little suffering that matches hearing your Momma crying out to God in pain
Oy! Never a dull moment. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 16th, 2012, 11:14 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Mom fell out of her bed this morning. I met her at the ED of Wake Forest Baptist Health for what became a 12 hour marathon. She has several broken ribs and very painful bruising especially in her left arm and wrist (no breaks shown in X-rays) and badly banged up knee and knee cap (OUCHY). NO concussion, but a bad bruise on her forehead. As a precaution she's in ICU for observation and assistance to prevent pneumonia.

Oh, man, sorry to hear this, DitBD. Prayers and vibes in bushel baskets from here!
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 17th, 2012, 2:27 am

Oh, DitBD, you sound like you need a :ymhug: ! I'm so sorry to read about your mother's health ordeals! :(

Huge healing and take-care vibes coming your way from the left coast.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

:happy-bouncyblue:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » July 17th, 2012, 5:35 am

continued vibes, prayers and hugs to you DitBD!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 17th, 2012, 7:39 am

I'm praying for your mom, her medical team and for you, DitBD. :ymhug:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 17th, 2012, 8:33 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 17th, 2012, 8:57 am

They say misery loves company, but I'm not enjoying this a bit, miserable as I am over my own mother's similar calamity. I wonder which hurts more, broken ribs or a broken pelvis? My brother is looking into the possibility of a lawsuit since Mom's fall was off of a gurney in the ER!

I'm sure that one thing making them feel even worse is the sadness over becoming a problem to somebody.

I'm carrying you in my thoughts today, Janet, and sending bunches of vibes to the hospital for your mom and you. When you get a minute, sit down, close your eyes,take a calming breath and wait to feel them soaking in. You'll probably feel them most profoundly around your shoulders.

Love, love, love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 17th, 2012, 11:22 am

More hugs and vibes coming your way, Janet. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 17th, 2012, 11:56 am

Hugs and vibes and prayers for your mom and for you. I think watching your parents age is one of the hardest things to do. Although there were times I was frustrated/impatient with my Dad in his later years, I'm so grateful I had the privilege to help him. Both you and your mom are fortunate that you can help each other through this time - you get to help your mother and she taught you life lessons that are helping you deal with the situation.

Bless both of you,

DukieInKansas
Life is good!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 17th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Thank you all very much! I'm headed back to the ICU now. I've had a reasonably good night's sleep and normal breakfast and lunch.... part of the plan to help me be at my best as much as possible.

Hospital update: pain management going as well as can be expected, resting, some limited movement. If she continues to do well and be stable, she may move to another, less intense unit later in the day. She's being fitted with a back brace to help with possible back injury and continue to stabilize fractured ribs. This is in addition to the neck brace she's wearing.

Thanks for the hugs! More later!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 17th, 2012, 7:05 pm

Thoughts, prayers, vibes, and gentle hugs for your mom and you. It's good that you recognize you need to take of yourself so that you can "be there" for your mother.

:pray: :wizard: :ymhug: :pray: :wizard: :ymhug: :pray: :wizard: :ymhug: :pray: :wizard: :ymhug: :pray: :wizard: :ymhug: :pray: :wizard: :ymhug: :pray: :wizard: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 17th, 2012, 10:31 pm

So sorry to hear of the latest setback! Prayers and vibes to you and your mom, DitBD. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :ymhug:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 18th, 2012, 10:51 am

Mom moved to a regular hospital room last night. This is progress, but it also presents a challenge since the staffing ratio is not like in ICU.

This morning I received a call from the hospital. Mom had her nurse to call me so Mom could talk to me. She wanted to be sure I knew she was in the hospital and had had a fall. While this was a sort of recycling via mild to moderate senile dementia, it's a great sign that she was able to be assertive and take some action on her own behalf.

Your multi channel support is making a huge difference. ;;) :ymhug: