LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 8th, 2012, 5:22 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Oh, and did I mention that futureDA is now a toddler!?
Toddlers are such a fun, such a very busy age. Henry Joseph is still a crawler and pulling up. He is into everything. Granddaughter Donna said "It's ridiculous" Let me tell you, he is so much easier than his mother and Uncle Josh were. Now, they were something. Just ask DukePA. :))
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » July 8th, 2012, 8:59 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
Is yours saying much yet? I only hear Hi, & Daddy. But I hear them a lot. :)
Heh. On this end it's a lot of "Bye-bye", "Ma-ma" (or "MAH-MAH!!!!!"), and a little "Hi!"
He also has this thing where he points and says "Doh!" which is his way of wanting that object.

Today he learned to climb on the dining room chair. So our strategy of piling things out of reach on the dining table needs to be reworked.

Does Future-DA like books? Our little guy pays attention for 2 pages and then wants to play with it as a physical object.--turn pages, chew edges, etc. This is very different from his bookwormy sister.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 8th, 2012, 9:22 pm

At 2 1/2 Ruthie is walking up and down steps without holding on (although we prefer that she does), talks in full sentences (although I can't understand all of her words), she can sing her ABC's and she can spell her name - R U T H spells Ruth! And she likes to type when I'm sitting at the computer. B-) [\brag]
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 8th, 2012, 9:30 pm

What a big girl!
Love, Auntie Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 9th, 2012, 12:59 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Oh, and did I mention that futureDA is now a toddler!?
Toddlers are such a fun, such a very busy age. Henry Joseph is still a crawler and pulling up. He is into everything. Granddaughter Donna said "It's ridiculous" Let me tell you, he is so much easier than his mother and Uncle Josh were. Now, they were something. Just ask DukePA. :))
Sounds like you're getting in some quality great-grandma and grandma time! :happy-bouncyblue:
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 9th, 2012, 1:01 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:At 2 1/2 Ruthie is walking up and down steps without holding on (although we prefer that she does), talks in full sentences (although I can't understand all of her words), she can sing her ABC's and she can spell her name - R U T H spells Ruth! And she likes to type when I'm sitting at the computer. B-) [\brag]
Proud grandpas are wonderful things. I can't believe Ruthie is 2 1/2 already! She must keep her parents on their toes... :D :happy-bouncyblue:
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 9th, 2012, 1:05 am

bluebutton wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Does Future-DA like books? Our little guy pays attention for 2 pages and then wants to play with it as a physical object.--turn pages, chew edges, etc. This is very different from his bookwormy sister.
She's more amenable to being read to in the morning, and she will let me get through a whole book relatively uninterrupted. By nighttime, she's more demanding, wants to hold the book, turn (or not) the pages at her pace, etc. We're only doing board books, because she'd completely mangle anything just paper.

Oh, and I jinxed myself - we had a very temper-tantrum-like breakdown this afternoon. #-o
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 9th, 2012, 12:52 pm

The workmen are here. The 1/2 bath is underway and the old cabinets in the kitchen are all down. I am going to take pics. I have no clue how to put them on crazietalk but hope I can figure it out. I have never tried. :ymblushing:
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 10th, 2012, 10:31 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:The workmen are here. The 1/2 bath is underway and the old cabinets in the kitchen are all down. I am going to take pics. I have no clue how to put them on crazietalk but hope I can figure it out. I have never tried. :ymblushing:
Exciting times!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 11th, 2012, 12:55 am

Free slurpies tomorrow -- happy 7-11 day!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 11th, 2012, 8:52 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Free slurpies tomorrow -- happy 7-11 day!
Cool! Maybe I'll get them in my Roo Cup! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 11th, 2012, 9:10 am

We don't have any 7-11's. I think the last time I was in one was three years ago in San Francisco.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 11th, 2012, 5:41 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Free slurpies tomorrow -- happy 7-11 day!
Cool! Maybe I'll get them in my Roo Cup! B-)

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 11th, 2012, 5:43 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:We don't have any 7-11's. I think the last time I was in one was three years ago in San Francisco.

There are two in Elizabeth City, one in Manteo and several in Nags Head. You could drive over to the OBX for a free slurpee.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 12th, 2012, 8:58 am

Free stuff? That's crazie...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 12th, 2012, 1:54 pm

Courtroom tip #1: do not carry the purse you used to shoplift from the store, with you into court, especially if that purse is distinctive.

One of this morning's shoplifting defendants was accused of stuffing items into her large, pink purse and running out of the store. Guess what purse she had to complement her outfit this morning in court....
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 12th, 2012, 1:57 pm

Courtroom tip #2: when dressing for court, try to stay away from clothing items that denote hostility or have double entendres or inappropriate language.

The Stone Cold Steve Austin "Whoop Ass" shirt is probably not the best choice. (as an aside, at least it wasn't on an assault case; it was a driving after forfeiture of license).

The same public defender represented Ms. Pink Purse and Mr. Whoop Ass. And I thought I was having a miserable day....
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 12th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Hmmm, so the Stone Cold Steve Austin shirt was his good shirt?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 12th, 2012, 3:00 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Courtroom tip #1: do not carry the purse you used to shoplift from the store, with you into court, especially if that purse is distinctive.

One of this morning's shoplifting defendants was accused of stuffing items into her large, pink purse and running out of the store. Guess what purse she had to complement her outfit this morning in court....
That reminds me of this story you told us a couple of years ago:

by lawgrad91 » April 22nd, 2010, 7:39 pm

Well, we had the dumbest defendant in history in court today. He was charged with stealing shoes from the Shoe Dept, a local store. The clerk said she saw him come in wearing white Nikes, and when he walked out he was wearing white K-swiss, and she found his white Nikes in the K-swiss box back on the shelf. I showed her a picture of a pair of K-swiss, and said, "Is this a picture of a shoe like the ones defendant took?" The clerk said, "yes, and he's wearing the shoes today." I said (using the legal skills I learned at Duke), "Whaaa?" and she replied, "he's wearing the shoes he stole from our store here today." Sure enough, the style number on the inside tongue of his shoes matched the style number on the box.

He came in wearing shoes; he went to jail in his sock feet.
You should write a book, Lawgrad91.

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 12th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Sometimes, lawyers can be very funny.
:)) =)) :ymdevil:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.