LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 29th, 2012, 11:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:The asshat neighbors are moving! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Now if BM would quit and if PHB (and the minion) would get charged with fraud your work world would be about perfect!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 29th, 2012, 11:33 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:The asshat neighbors are moving! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Now if BM would quit and if PHB (and the minion) would get charged with fraud your work world would be about perfect!
Yeah, that would be pretty nice - especially the fraud part. :ymdevil:

I had an interesting/amusing interaction with BarMinion today. For those of you who read the WWWD thread, you know that I had a chat with BM's boss yesterday. The two of them had a chat this morning. Later in the day, BM brought some data to me that I needed in order to do some work on our collaborative project. She was especially nice to me. (and, no, this does not suddenly make me trust her, but it does make my life much easier)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 30th, 2012, 2:04 am

Do you get their parking spot? :)) =)) :D ;)
:ymapplause: :ymparty:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 30th, 2012, 2:05 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SEE YA!!!!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 30th, 2012, 5:17 am

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I don't recommend a serious case of poison ivy...
Will this distract you enough to give up your lead in NASCAR fantasy league? ;)
It had an impact on my selections. That and trying to wrap up things at my current place of employment.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 30th, 2012, 9:48 am

Hooray! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :-BD \:d/ :clap:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 30th, 2012, 12:45 pm

Wooohooo! We got our boat today! Won't be doing anything on the water in it until we restore it, but it's now home. :D Built in 1965, it is a Thistle class sailing boat, number 1925.
:happy-bouncyblue:
Thistle.jpg
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 1st, 2012, 9:32 pm

Congrats on the sailboat!

I'm going to get to 4K posts one of these days.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 2nd, 2012, 12:51 pm

Today is the beginning of taking everything out of the kitchen cabinets to get ready for the instillation of my new kitchen. The project begins on the 9th. I am so excited!!! I'm getting all new cabinets, electric double ovens, both with convection, a 5 burner gas cook top and a new dishwasher. I my fridge is not very old so it won't be replaced. The new exhaust fan over the cook top is so cool. We're also getting new floors in the kitchen, sun room, utility and the 1/2 bath. The 1/2 bath is also being redone. The floors will not scratch or stain. I'm getting quarts counter tops, which also do not stain, scratch, but or hold bacteria. Needless to say, I am excited.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 2nd, 2012, 1:22 pm

I forgot to mention we got cooperate prices which puts us in the "loop". We can order all sorts of things forever through cooperate. We also got a 2,000.00 gift card that I used to help pay for my appliances.

I am so happy with my kitchen and bath designers. Jennifer is in the top 50 in the US with Sears and is the top in NC. She called in the bath designer, he is also really good. This is a turn key job. They take care of everything except the painting. Erin, the bath guy, is doing it for free. I told him, I'll feed him. He's not married so he loved that. They both are excellent. I highly recommend both of them. I'll be happy to share information to anyone who is going to or thinking of getting this done.

CB&B, you will be happy to hear, the cook top and ovens are being relocated across the kitchen. Lots more counter space. It will make your prep so much easier for Brunch-gate this fall.

:happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 2nd, 2012, 1:24 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:CB&B, you will be happy to hear, the cook top and ovens are being relocated across the kitchen. Lots more counter space. It will make your prep so much easier for Brunch-gate this fall.

:happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Oooh! Sounds wonderful!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 2nd, 2012, 1:54 pm

YEAH!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 2nd, 2012, 1:58 pm

Got back from the annual LUMC Youth Mission trip yesterday. We went to Gulf Shores, AL and worked with Family Promise, Habitat for Humanity, Mary's Place, and Manna House (Pensacola). What a great week! The only sign of TS Debby was 10 rain drops on Sunday and double red flags for the beach for the first few days. LUMC Youth ROCK!
Life is good!
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 2nd, 2012, 4:50 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Today is the beginning of taking everything out of the kitchen cabinets to get ready for the instillation of my new kitchen. The project begins on the 9th. I am so excited!!! I'm getting all new cabinets, electric double ovens, both with convection, a 5 burner gas cook top and a new dishwasher. I my fridge is not very old so it won't be replaced. The new exhaust fan over the cook top is so cool. We're also getting new floors in the kitchen, sun room, utility and the 1/2 bath. The 1/2 bath is also being redone. The floors will not scratch or stain. I'm getting quarts counter tops, which also do not stain, scratch, but or hold bacteria. Needless to say, I am excited.

Pix needed as you progress! This is exciting times! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 2nd, 2012, 6:51 pm

When Mrs. Ozzie got home from HHI, she asked me if the stain on the ceiling in the den was new or old. When I got home Saturday night, I realized it was knew and that we had a leaky roof. That got fixed today. Called my roofer this morning and he stopped by about an hour ago. He replace 4 or 5 shingles that had slipped. The roof is ~ 20 years old and is close to needing replacement. He knows he'll get the business when I HAVE to do it. No charge for this repair! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 3rd, 2012, 6:11 pm

My Chase-Hess credit card was hacked. It was used in Fla., Va. and N.J. The fraud department called me today. All charges have been remove from my account and they are sending me a new card. I will double check my statement this month. I'm surprised it hasn't happened soon.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 7th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Ymm, greek food for dinner (lamb gyro, rice pilaf, greek salad, tatziki sauce, turkish coffee), then a walk around the lakefront beach park. Now, Mac & Jack's Brewery Serengeti Wheat beer, and a netflix flick. Not a bad night.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 7th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Oh, and did I mention that futureDA is now a toddler!?
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » July 8th, 2012, 7:03 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Oh, and did I mention that futureDA is now a toddler!?
How's that going?

My son is 15 months and I'm really enjoying him. Although he did just throw his first temper tantrum.
With my daughter 16-24 months was a really fun time.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 8th, 2012, 2:58 pm

bluebutton wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Oh, and did I mention that futureDA is now a toddler!?
How's that going?

My son is 15 months and I'm really enjoying him. Although he did just throw his first temper tantrum.
With my daughter 16-24 months was a really fun time.
FutureDA is right behind your son, at 14 months. It's a super-fun age, as she's pretty curious, is a good mix of cautious but not scared when trying new things, and generally a happy kid all around. I can start to see the temper tantrum tendency emerge, but nothing major so far (mostly just super-whiney when tired.)

Is yours saying much yet? I only hear Hi, & Daddy. But I hear them a lot. :)