Moving On

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Moving On

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2012, 8:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Amazing. I have two more friends who today told me/announced they have made major moves employment-wise. One is a high school friend who lives in Charlotte. One isn't... :D
Hey, I resemble that remark. Tried to post/announce that earlier today but CTN was down.

I signed a contract today to become the 8th member in a cardiology group that affiliated with Wake Medical Center about 15 months ago. I will be joining them effective 7/30 after 13 years of solo practice which was preceded by 13 years in a multi-specialty group. Only 13 more years to go! We will add a 9th person in September or October after he completes a peripheral vascular interventional fellowhip. I am excited, relieved and just a bit hesitant making such a major change, but as CB&B and I exchanged messages a bit earlier this evening, he thought my current boss was a real jackass and I thought the guy to be a total tool, so maybe it's not such a bad change after all :)) =)) .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 25th, 2012, 8:58 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Amazing. I have two more friends who today told me/announced they have made major moves employment-wise. One is a high school friend who lives in Charlotte. One isn't... :D
Hey, I resemble that remark. Tried to post/announce that earlier today but CTN was down.

I signed a contract today to become the 8th member in a cardiology group that affiliated with Wake Medical Center about 15 months ago. I will be joining them effective 7/30 after 13 years of solo practice which was preceded by 13 years in a multi-specialty group. Only 13 more years to go! We will add a 9th person in September or October after he completes a peripheral vascular interventional fellowhip. I am excited, relieved and just a bit hesitant making such a major change, but as CB&B and I exchanged messages a bit earlier this evening, he thought my current boss was a real jackass and I thought the guy to be a total tool, so maybe it's not such a bad change after all :)) =)) .
Yeah, it must be a bitch working for yourself. Oh, wait. Well, congratulations again anyway! B-)

Question: Your new guy is going to whip you fellows? I didn't realize you were into that kind of thing. Does Joy know? :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 25th, 2012, 9:30 pm

devildeac wrote:

Yeah but I also said to break it to him gently, don't want to burn any bridges...
Congrats, enjoy Argentina! (DD said he will be manning their satellite office there.)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 25th, 2012, 9:33 pm

Congratulations DD. Nice that your getting a new boss. :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 25th, 2012, 9:49 pm

devildeac wrote:

I signed a contract today to become the 8th member in a cardiology group that affiliated with Wake Medical Center about 15 months ago. I will be joining them effective 7/30 after 13 years of solo practice which was preceded by 13 years in a multi-specialty group. Only 13 more years to go! We will add a 9th person in September or October after he completes a peripheral vascular interventional fellowhip. I am excited, relieved and just a bit hesitant making such a change, but as CB&B and I exchanged messages a bit earlier this evening, he thought my current boss was a real jackass and I thought the guy to be a total tool, so maybe it's not such a bad change after all :)) =)) .
Congratulations, DD, and best of luck! :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 25th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Wow! this is a very happy thread. I'm enjoying reading about all the exciting changes and moves. My job is about to change, too. I don't know how it's all going to work out. The OP and I have been married 52 years. I've always said the main reason we made it this long was that he was traveling at least half the time. Now, this week is his verrrrrry last trip. He's gonna be retired and for the most part home --- all --- day --- everrrrrry --- day --- for --- the --- rest --- of --- our --- lives. Now we're really gonna see what we're made of. :shifty:

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 25th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Wow! this is a very happy thread. I'm enjoying reading about all the exciting changes and moves. My job is about to change, too. I don't know how it's all going to work out. The OP and I have been married 52 years. I've always said the main reason we made it this long was that he was traveling at least half the time. Now, this week is his verrrrrry last trip. He's gonna be retired and for the most part home --- all --- day --- everrrrrry --- day --- for --- the --- rest --- of --- our --- lives. Now we're really gonna see what we're made of. :shifty:

Love, Ima
Ima, this may be the biggest change of any in this thread. Fifty-two years of travel, and now he's home. :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for you in dealing with the OP. (and a few :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: for good measure)
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 25th, 2012, 10:26 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Wow! this is a very happy thread. I'm enjoying reading about all the exciting changes and moves. My job is about to change, too. I don't know how it's all going to work out. The OP and I have been married 52 years. I've always said the main reason we made it this long was that he was traveling at least half the time. Now, this week is his verrrrrry last trip. He's gonna be retired and for the most part home --- all --- day --- everrrrrry --- day --- for --- the --- rest --- of --- our --- lives. Now we're really gonna see what we're made of. :shifty:

Love, Ima
Ima, this may be the biggest change of any in this thread. Fifty-two years of travel, and now he's home. :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for you in dealing with the OP. (and a few :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: for good measure)
I think my sister has covered the situation well. I echo her well-wishes and vibes. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 25th, 2012, 10:28 pm

devildeac wrote:

Hey, devildeac, congrats on your new situation! I can tell you from personal experience that it's liberating to get away from a difficult boss. Of course, in your case, you'll never be completely separated from the former boss. ;) :wizard: to you as you learn to deal with your former boss in a different environment. :wizard: :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2012, 11:09 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Hey, devildeac, congrats on your new situation! I can tell you from personal experience that it's liberating to get away from a difficult boss. Of course, in your case, you'll never be completely separated from the former boss. ;) :wizard: to you as you learn to deal with your former boss in a different environment. :wizard: :D
I still have one of my all-time favorite Shoe comics on my desk. Someone asked Shoe if he liked being his own boss and he said not so much. When asked why not, he replied, "Just the other day I had to kiss my own butt to get the day off." 8-|
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 25th, 2012, 11:11 pm

I wonder if the change of employment will affect devildeac's daytime posting rate. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 25th, 2012, 11:41 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Done deal as of today. I will be going from my current employer to an insurance carrier whose primary mission is to serve its members, current and former members of the military. As a former Army officer and 20 year member, it is an incredible honor to be able to help support that mission. This does mean I will have to move... :(

I do like the area where I currently reside considerably, I would prefer to stay here much longer. The only downside to the area is not being able to see all the Duke games on TV.
Congratulations on the new gig! I'm going to assume I know which company - I'm a very happy customer, and keep adding to my portfolio of services with them.

I hope the kitties do well during the impending move.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 26th, 2012, 4:30 am

Congrats devildeac on the new opportunity!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 26th, 2012, 4:33 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Done deal as of today. I will be going from my current employer to an insurance carrier whose primary mission is to serve its members, current and former members of the military. As a former Army officer and 20 year member, it is an incredible honor to be able to help support that mission. This does mean I will have to move... :(

I do like the area where I currently reside considerably, I would prefer to stay here much longer. The only downside to the area is not being able to see all the Duke games on TV.
Congratulations on the new gig! I'm going to assume I know which company - I'm a very happy customer, and keep adding to my portfolio of services with them.

Yep, probably one and the same. Quite a few people I know from a prior insurance gig will be there.

I worry a lot about the cats. This is will be an entirely different environment. One of my cats spends about 75% of his time in the basement. There aren't very many basements in San Antonio(which answers AD's question on where I'm headed), so he is likely to lose his.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 26th, 2012, 6:55 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:

Yep, probably one and the same. Quite a few people I know from a prior insurance gig will be there.

I worry a lot about the cats. This is will be an entirely different environment. One of my cats spends about 75% of his time in the basement. There aren't very many basements in San Antonio(which answers AD's question on where I'm headed), so he is likely to lose his.
Hey, we'll be neighbors! Cool! You, bluebutton and I need to have a TX CTN get-together. When is the big move?
-- Albert Einstein
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 26th, 2012, 7:24 am

DevilAlumna wrote:

Congrats YmoBeThere! DevilAlumna and I are both happy customers of the same carrier. I'm thrilled and proud to bank, save, invest, and insure the cars, house, and our lives with them. I'm continually impressed with their range of services and customer care and it's great to hear a former Army Officer is joining their team.
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 26th, 2012, 7:51 am

Damn trouble maker, Miles. See the chain of events you started. ;;)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 26th, 2012, 8:09 am

Love, Ima
Congratulations to the OP. After 35 years at Duke, Bud retired only to immediately go to work at the V.A. Then he retired from the V.A. He waited a few years and went back to work part time. When he is home, he is busy working in the garden, cutting wood and anything else that strikes his fancy. He's "at it" all day long. If the OP needs something to do, send him over. Bud will keep him busy. :)) Good luck Ima. :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » June 26th, 2012, 8:58 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Hey, we'll be neighbors! Cool! You, bluebutton and I need to have a TX CTN get-together. When is the big move?

Those were my thoughts precisely!! Welcome to brisket country! Costco sells great cuts of meat--it's a regional thing.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 26th, 2012, 9:11 am

Congrats to devildeac for the new employment move! It'll be tough to give up working for your current boss, but sounds like we'll have to see what happens in another 13 years.

Congrats to Ymo! Glad it is a done deal. Vibes to you for selling your place!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.