The Official Take this job and SHOVE IT! Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: The Official Take this job and SHOVE IT! Thread

Post by windsor » June 18th, 2012, 8:44 am

There are some higher ups who are going to get some sage unvarnished Windsor advice before I go, but alas, the managed health care industry is small and incestuous....so I can not throw a hand grenade, much as I would like to. :(

Sometimes it is no fun being a professional.

There ARE things which will crash and burn without me here...things I have been telling my idiot boss needed to be crosstrained for over a year...oh well. Time's up. There is one application that is going to be a goat rope. (this process has to run on cycle, and can't be 'fudged' into ruinning any other time - so my written instructions will be all they get.) =)) =)) =)) =))
I will snicker to myself as an epic fail is on the horizon.

I am now looking around with an eye to who I want to 'steal' after I get settled in my new gig.

Loni
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 18th, 2012, 10:02 am

Have you given notice yet, or when will you? For that matter, have you accepted an offer yet or are you still working out the details and T&C's? (Prying, as usual :D )
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 18th, 2012, 10:48 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Have you given notice yet, or when will you? For that matter, have you accepted an offer yet or are you still working out the details and T&C's? (Prying, as usual :D )

I gave notice an hour ago. I accepted the offer late Friday after seeing the entire package, including benefits. It is a sweet deal...almost a 25% increase, health benefits are similar in coverage but cheaper. More time off, better 401k. Win. Win. and Win.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 18th, 2012, 11:59 am

I'm happy for you Windsor. You deserve to "win win". Congratulations!! :happy-bouncyblue:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 18th, 2012, 5:44 pm

YAY, Windsor!

I am so happy for you!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 18th, 2012, 5:47 pm

windsor wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Have you given notice yet, or when will you? For that matter, have you accepted an offer yet or are you still working out the details and T&C's? (Prying, as usual :D )

I gave notice an hour ago. I accepted the offer late Friday after seeing the entire package, including benefits. It is a sweet deal...almost a 25% increase, health benefits are similar in coverage but cheaper. More time off, better 401k. Win. Win. and Win.
WooF'ingHoo for you! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: B-) :9f: :9f: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 18th, 2012, 7:47 pm

windsor wrote:

I'm tickled pink for you, windsor! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 18th, 2012, 7:48 pm

windsor wrote: There ARE things which will crash and burn without me here...things I have been telling my idiot boss needed to be crosstrained for over a year...oh well. Time's up. There is one application that is going to be a goat rope. (this process has to run on cycle, and can't be 'fudged' into ruinning any other time - so my written instructions will be all they get.) =)) =)) =)) =))
I will snicker to myself as an epic fail is on the horizon.

I am now looking around with an eye to who I want to 'steal' after I get settled in my new gig.

Loni
BWAHAHA! Sounds like fun times for you! How much longer to you have to stick around at the current gig?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 19th, 2012, 12:22 am

Good things DO happen to good people after all. Keep us posted, Windsor. We're looking forward to hearing all about your transition and a soft landing into your new position. :ymapplause:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 19th, 2012, 9:14 am

I've always been intrigued by the idea of 'exit interviews'. Kelly's company does them, and I'm not sure my boss has any concept of such an idea. I wish he had the guts to ask me why I'm leaving, but even if he did ask me I'm sure it would turn into an argument and he would defend all of the decisions that have helped me move on.
sMiles
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 19th, 2012, 10:56 am

Miles wrote:I've always been intrigued by the idea of 'exit interviews'. Kelly's company does them, and I'm not sure my boss has any concept of such an idea. I wish he had the guts to ask me why I'm leaving, but even if he did ask me I'm sure it would turn into an argument and he would defend all of the decisions that have helped me move on.
Properly done they can be useful to a company. If the reasons people are living are documented and analyzed positve changes could me made to help retain employees. Most companies don't use the information properly. HR types tend to (wrongly) focus on the monetary - and that is rarely the reason people truly leave. Yes, my new gig pays better. Yes, the bennies are better. I did not go looking for a new gig because I wanted cheaper health insurance. I looked for a new gig becasue management is a bunch of morons. Geeks like me are motivate more by having cool stuff to do and the freedom/resources/tools to do it than by dollars. Spin our propellers and we're happy. HR doesn't GET that....or at least no HR department I've ever dealt with gets that!