LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » June 7th, 2012, 3:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Another rocket scientist in court this afternoon. A couple is in court for review of custody of their kids (Grandma has the kids) and to update the Court on the kids' school attendance. When the kids didn't go to court last year because the parents were too sorry to get them there, the Court placed the kids with Grandma.

Judge: Sir, you look better than you did the last time I saw you.
Father: Thanks, I appreciate that.
Judge: And I don't smell any alcohol on your breath this time, either.
Father: That's 'cause I'm eating Certs, Judge.
He's a regular Einstein, isn't he? =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 7th, 2012, 6:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Another rocket scientist in court this afternoon. A couple is in court for review of custody of their kids (Grandma has the kids) and to update the Court on the kids' school attendance. When the kids didn't go to court last year because the parents were too sorry to get them there, the Court placed the kids with Grandma.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 7th, 2012, 8:05 pm

I don't recall O Brother Where Art Thou doing that well at the box office. My DVR is relatively empty, thus I'm watching Reds baseball on the regional Fox Sports network.

Upon further review, it looks like I have 5 or 6 hours worth of stuff on my DVR. Just nothing very compelling.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » June 7th, 2012, 9:13 pm

Not surprising re O Brother box office, as the Coen Brothers doing Homer's "Odyssey" featuring hillbillies (even with Mr. Clooney) would have limited appeal. Meanwhile, Adam Sandler can make the same movie over and over again and print money. Go figure.

The soundtrack is equally oddball, but "Man of Constant Sorrow" is quite the catchy tune...

YMO, I'm jealous that you get to watch the surging Buccos against the Reds...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 8th, 2012, 9:16 am

Turk wrote:Not surprising re O Brother box office, as the Coen Brothers doing Homer's "Odyssey" featuring hillbillies (even with Mr. Clooney) would have limited appeal.
"I don't get it, Big Dan."
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 8th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Well, so much for a Triple Crown this year... Derby/Preakness winner I'll Have Another was scratched from the Belmont.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 8th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Lavabe wrote:Well, so much for a Triple Crown this year... Derby/Preakness winner I'll Have Another was scratched from the Belmont.
Mrs. Ozzie say the fix is in! :-o
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 9th, 2012, 1:13 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Well, so much for a Triple Crown this year... Derby/Preakness winner I'll Have Another was scratched from the Belmont.
Mrs. Ozzie say the fix is in! :-o
I hear they are changing his name from I'll Have Another to No, I'm Good.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 9th, 2012, 8:02 am

Turk wrote:YMO, I'm jealous that you get to watch the surging Buccos against the Reds...
Just lucky I guess! :) For some reason, they've had the Reds number for the last two seasons.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 9th, 2012, 8:35 am

CathyCA wrote:

You and LG should get together and write a book. It would be entertaining. Geez. =)) =)) =))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 9th, 2012, 10:11 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

You and LG should get together and write a book. It would be entertaining. Geez. =)) =)) =))
One of the chapters in my book is going to be about law office staff. One of the characters is going to be a blonde receptionist named Ashley. Some of her dialogue is going to include the following (as God is my witness, this is a verbatim) statement:

"Miss Thompson, we were talking about you at Girls Night Out last night, and we all agreed that you're the lawyer we hate the least."

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 9th, 2012, 10:35 am

CathyCA wrote:One of the chapters in my book is going to be about law office staff. One of the characters is going to be a blonde receptionist named Ashley. Some of her dialogue is going to include the following (as God is my witness, this is a verbatim) statement:

"Miss Thompson, we were talking about you at Girls Night Out last night, and we all agreed that you're the lawyer we hate the least."

=)) =)) =)) =))
That's hilarious! What a rocket scientist!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 9th, 2012, 11:52 am

CathyCA wrote:[One of the chapters in my book is going to be about law office staff. One of the characters is going to be a blonde receptionist named Ashley. Some of her dialogue is going to include the following (as God is my witness, this is a verbatim) statement:

Nice! That's a feather in the ol' cap!
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 9th, 2012, 5:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:One of the chapters in my book is going to be about law office staff. One of the characters is going to be a blonde receptionist named Ashley. Some of her dialogue is going to include the following (as God is my witness, this is a verbatim) statement:

=)) =)) =)) =))
That's hilarious! What a rocket scientist!
Not exactly the best way to put it = but at least they have good taste!
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 9th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Midway in the 3rd quarter in the Heat/Celtics Game 7, all I can say is:

WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!
:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 10th, 2012, 10:00 am

Lavabe wrote:Midway in the 3rd quarter in the Heat/Celtics Game 7, all I can say is:

WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!
Shane Battier is the only reason I can stomach the Heat winning. He was awesome last night. I hope he has a triple double in our straight games as the Heat get their asses handed to them. <sigh> The NBA. </sigh>
sMiles
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 10th, 2012, 12:57 pm

I wonder who Shane ever carries on a conversation with.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 10th, 2012, 3:59 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:We are building shelves this weekend and I'm barbecuing. The shelves are fun, but lots of work. We saw some shelving units that we liked but they cost literally up to and over $1k, so we bought our own wood and hardware. So far we've figured out that we'll be able to build all the ones we want for about $150, and they are looking awesome. :happy-bouncyblue:

(The 'cue is looking awesome too.)

:text-worthless:

done.jpg
done2.jpg
done1.jpg
There's one of two standing up (8' tall). :happy-bouncyblue: :D The next ones we build are going to be the same design, but have interconnecting towers of different heights; those are going against the dining room wall. About $75 each for the ones we've done so far.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 10th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Miles wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Midway in the 3rd quarter in the Heat/Celtics Game 7, all I can say is:

WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!
Shane Battier is the only reason I can stomach the Heat winning. He was awesome last night. I hope he has a triple double in our straight games as the Heat get their asses handed to them. <sigh> The NBA. </sigh>
There is no other reason for watching NBA playoffs.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 10th, 2012, 10:10 pm

[quote="CathyCA"
CathyCA wrote:

One of the chapters in my book is going to be about law office staff. One of the characters is going to be a blonde receptionist named Ashley. Some of her dialogue is going to include the following (as God is my witness, this is a verbatim) statement:

[/quote]

:)) =))