Anybody know when Duke sends out the acceptance letters?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: Anybody know when Duke sends out the acceptance letters?

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 29th, 2012, 9:03 pm

I knew it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Love and welcome! Knock 'em dead, Andrew. Hope you meet up with Native and Rolvix very soon! They'll teach you all the ins and outs of how to be a great Crazie!!!!!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » March 29th, 2012, 11:11 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I knew it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Love and welcome! Knock 'em dead, Andrew. Hope you meet up with Native and Rolvix very soon! They'll teach you all the ins and outs of how to be a great Crazie!!!!!
Love, Ima
If you need anything or have questions, let me know! I post a lot in the Class of 2016 Facebook group, but you can always shoot me a message on here if you have anything you need answered.

Welcome to the family!

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » March 30th, 2012, 8:06 am

And wait-listed at Harvard which, you know, OK! He's heard from 8 schools now. Accepted at 3 (Duke, Davidson, Emory) and wait-listed everywhere else, no rejections. Still waiting on two CA schools - Stanford and Harvey Mudd. Stanford is the only one that could lure him away from the fold.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 30th, 2012, 9:34 am

Congratulations Andrew!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Turk

Post by Turk » March 30th, 2012, 11:31 am

Bostondevil wrote:Just in case you missed the other thread. It's good news! Only 11% of applicant were accepted.

Momentary lapse of sanity and/or 30 seconds of bragging rights - no question Andrew was in the top 11% of applicants, probably top 2 or 3 %. Glad Duke recognized that.

All right, done with the ego trip.
First off, congrats to Andrew!

But nope, we are not done with the ego trip. The not-so-young Turk had a big day as well. She finished the season at 5-0-1, with a waitlist from Johns Hopkins marring an otherwise undefeated admissions campaign. Wins include DUKE!!, Penn, UVA, Pitt, and Penn State's Shreyer College. She's actually in Pittsburgh as I type, interviewing for the chance for more fabulous cash and prizes in the bonus round. She still does not have a clear favorite, so I guess we'll have to see what the financial packages look like to help narrow it down. (I however, DO have a clear favorite, but I have learned the hard way that it's best to keep my yap shut every once in a while...)
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2012, 12:13 pm

Turk wrote:But nope, we are not done with the ego trip. The not-so-young Turk had a big day as well. She finished the season at 5-0-1, with a waitlist from Johns Hopkins marring an otherwise undefeated admissions campaign. Wins include DUKE!!, Penn, UVA, Pitt, and Penn State's Shreyer College. She's actually in Pittsburgh as I type, interviewing for the chance for more fabulous cash and prizes in the bonus round. She still does not have a clear favorite, so I guess we'll have to see what the financial packages look like to help narrow it down. (I however, DO have a clear favorite, but I have learned the hard way that it's best to keep my yap shut every once in a while...)
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Well done!! Congrats!! :-BD :-BD
OOOOOOOOh... I hope the Turks get the fabulous cash and prizes from all of the above!!
:wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 30th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Turk wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Just in case you missed the other thread. It's good news! Only 11% of applicant were accepted.

Momentary lapse of sanity and/or 30 seconds of bragging rights - no question Andrew was in the top 11% of applicants, probably top 2 or 3 %. Glad Duke recognized that.

But nope, we are not done with the ego trip. The not-so-young Turk had a big day as well. She finished the season at 5-0-1, with a waitlist from Johns Hopkins marring an otherwise undefeated admissions campaign. Wins include DUKE!!, Penn, UVA, Pitt, and Penn State's Shreyer College. She's actually in Pittsburgh as I type, interviewing for the chance for more fabulous cash and prizes in the bonus round. She still does not have a clear favorite, so I guess we'll have to see what the financial packages look like to help narrow it down. (I however, DO have a clear favorite, but I have learned the hard way that it's best to keep my yap shut every once in a while...)
Vibes for the not-so-young Turk to make the right decision. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 30th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Turk wrote:

congrats to the Turklet, and vibes for loads of cash and prizes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » March 30th, 2012, 8:52 pm

Turk wrote:

Vibes for great cash prizes for the Little Turk! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 30th, 2012, 10:53 pm

I am so happy for my co-alumni children who are applicants to Dear Old Duke.

Whether they decide to go or not: Wooooooooooooo-hoooooooooooooooooo!

Let's hear it for our parents' and our grandparents' alma mater!

GTHc!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 30th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Pullin' hard for Turk the younger. :wizard:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » March 31st, 2012, 12:27 am

Well, Stanford chose not to accept Andrew so his batting average is much below the Young Turklett but that means

Bump, ba-bump,
Bump, ba-bump,
Bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum Bump Ba Bump Bump
Bum-bum-bum-bum-bum Ba Bump!

See ya at the tailgate on Parents' Weekend!

And Congrats to the Young Turklett too. Good luck in the decision making process. Ours is easy.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 31st, 2012, 10:56 am

The mail yesterday included the current Duke Magazine. Very enlightening article on the acceptance process.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 31st, 2012, 11:08 am

Go young Turklet!!! Welcome to Duke, Andrew!!! We will happily spoil you, if you wish!! Forever Duke!!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 31st, 2012, 11:47 am

Congratulations!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » June 7th, 2012, 9:15 pm

I seem to be late on everything, but congrats dude! Can't wait to meet up with you at some point!

-Robbie
Class of 2014