Vibe/Prayer Requests for Multiple Folks

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Vibe/Prayer Requests for Multiple Folks

Post by DukieInKansas » April 24th, 2012, 10:06 pm

The last week of tax season was full of bad news. Since the CTN Vibes and Prayers are so powerful, I'm asking for multiple folks.

1. I found out Saturday of Easter weekend that Dave, who I have know from church for 30 years, had a colonoscopy on Monday and surgery on Thursday. They couldn't remove everything and he is also have heart issues. Also, vibes and prayers to his wife Bobbi, and son Chris and daughter-in-law Rebecca as they struggle to come to terms with the situation.
2. Sunday I found out that Al, a family friend, has gone into hospice care.
3. Monday morning I found out that a long time client, April, who has a 15 year old son, has Stage 4 breast cancer that has spread into 3 vertibrae, her liver and lungs, and also had a mass on her right femur that caused it to break.
3. Also on Monday, we found out that a co-worker collapsed and died while out walking with his family on Easter Sunday. He started working for the firm in January so we hadn't known him long but his love for his family was so evident in everything he did and said. Please keep the family of Lewis in your prayers - he had a son in 4th grade, a daughter in middle school, his wife, mother, brother and sister.
4. My friend Jeff lost his mother on Friday the 13th. Please keep his family, especially his father Bob, in your thoughts. Bob and Norma had been married 57 years.
5. Gerald has come home to hospice care. His goal is to make it to the summer so that he can spend some time at the lake. I talked to his wife today and she thinks he has about 2 months. Please pray that he regains enough strength to make it to the lake one last time.

Any vibes and prayers you can send their ways would be greatly appreciated.

And a lesson from Dave's situation - please don't ignore warning signs and get all the recommended tests to keep an eye on your health.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibe/Prayer Requests for Multiple Folks

Post by CathyCA » April 24th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Oh my. I'm sending up prayers and loving vibes for all of your friends, DinK. Special hugs to you, too, as you grieve and care for your friends.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 24th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Dink, this is too much. My sending prayers and vibes and special ones for you. Hang in, we're all here for you. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray::pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 24th, 2012, 10:38 pm

CathyCA wrote:Oh my. I'm sending up prayers and loving vibes for all of your friends, DinK. Special hugs to you, too, as you grieve and care for your friends.

:9f:
Thanks, Cathy.

I did at least get to hold a baby on Easter Sunday - that memory helped. Charlie was born early but is doing great now. His mother was one of the kids I had in Puppets many years ago.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » April 24th, 2012, 10:40 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Dink, this is too much. My sending prayers and vibes and special ones for you. Hang in, we're all here for you. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray::pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Thank you, VDB. My heart just breaks for Lewis' family. I'm pretty sure the kids were there when he collapsed. That had to be terrifying for them.
Life is good!
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » April 25th, 2012, 12:38 am

DinK,

Sending as many vibes back to Kansas as I possibly can. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

And an extra hug for you, for your concern & prayers & help of those in need. :ymhug:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 25th, 2012, 1:01 am

Multiple vibes on their way to your multiple folks ..... and to empathetic, sympathetic, big hearted, wonderful YOU!!! This is a sad tsunami that has rolled over you. We must all remember, like you, to be grateful that there are still sweet, new babies with pudgy necks to kiss. No doubt the world is unfolding as it should. Though it's hard to remember that sometimes.

Okay now CTN vibes, do your thing!

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » April 25th, 2012, 5:22 am

DinK - I'm so sorry to hear all of this. Sending vibes, hugs, prayers and healing thoughts as requested and to you! :ymhug:
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 25th, 2012, 6:30 am

Vibing for changes in fortune for all your friends, DinK.

:wizard: :pray:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 25th, 2012, 7:30 am

Vibes and hugs from Charlotte DinK.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2012, 8:23 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: X 5!!!!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 25th, 2012, 8:48 am

Words escape me.
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 25th, 2012, 8:51 am

Tons of hugs, prayers & vibes coming your way!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 25th, 2012, 10:02 am

Vibes and prayers from the Varnish Zone for you, DinK, and for all those you have mentioned.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 25th, 2012, 10:29 am

Wow! Just wow!

Hugs, vibes, and prayers to everyone, especially you. You are and will be the angel for all these families. Please don't forget to take care of yourself.

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » April 25th, 2012, 7:02 pm

I agree with Tilly, please take care of yourself and know that not only are we sending mega vibes for all these people, we have your back 100% always. Love you much :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » April 27th, 2012, 1:22 am

Thank you, all, for the vibes and prayers and hugs. I keep reminding myself of the good things that happen, too. Today was a beautiful day out and I even got to enjoy it. One of the great kids from church asked me to be the subject of her biography project. It has been fun working with her.

I'm grateful for all my friends. If nothing else, this has reminded me to let people know how much I appreciate them since you never know what will happen. So consider yourselves hugged from me. Y'all are the best!
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 28th, 2012, 11:35 am

Vibes still coming... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » April 28th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Thanks for the continued vibes. I saw Robyn, wife of Gerald today. She was having a rough day - she isn't sure how much time they have left. She really appreciates all of the prayers and vibes.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 28th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Vibes and prayers still coming. :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: