Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: Voting Help Needed Please

Post by colchar » April 14th, 2009, 4:49 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I could go over to DBR and put up a poll skewing thread. Is that okay, or would that violate your sensibilities?
Post away. I wonder if the other folks in the contest have good skewing outlets.
Well, I was more asking Colchar, since I believe he had a little bit of a falling out with the powers that be over there.

Be my guest (and thanks for the offer to do so). My dispute was with a mod, not the other members of the community. If you're going to do it, I think it has to be today as something tells me the contest ends either tonight or tomorrow morning. And no, I doubt any of the other contestants has access to the poll skewing outlets that I do!

And my apologies for the delayed response, I was on campus and away from my computer all day.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 14th, 2009, 4:59 pm

I just saw the thread over on DBR. Thank you very much for posting it for me.

With regards to the problem with people being told they've already voted - I'm thinking it is an I.P. address issue. Myself, Gavin (my brother), and his fiancee Jen have forwarded info about this poll to as many people as possible and have asked friends to forward it on to others. I'm wondering if enough people have passed it on for us that their I.P. addresses are showing up as having voted because someone else at their work/school/whatever has already done so. Sort of a six degrees of separation thing.

Either that or it is a problem with the photographer's site as I can't see how following the same link I provided could cause the problem.

Regardless, on behalf of the happy couple and myself, thank you very much to everyone who took the time to vote. If they win, and once the photos are done and up on the site, I'll post a link so everyone can see them.

Thanks again.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 14th, 2009, 9:53 pm

My pleasure. Anything to help out.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 14th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Thanks to everyone who voted - my brother and his fiancee won! Awesome.

And bjornolf, would you mind posting thanks over at DBR too please?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 14th, 2009, 10:34 pm

colchar wrote:Thanks to everyone who voted - my brother and his fiancee won! Awesome.

And bjornolf, would you mind posting thanks over at DBR too please?
Will do, boss.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage