LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » February 22nd, 2012, 6:34 pm

I just went to Lowe's and Walmart via Ted Drewe's. Got an "All Shook Up" concrete (bananas and peanut butter cups, blended with vanilla custard). =p~
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 22nd, 2012, 10:19 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Can you make the car trip in one day, or will you stop overnight in a hotel?

:9f:
It takes roughly 14 hours to drive from here to Galveston (maybe a little longer). Conveniently for me, Little Rock is on the way, and it takes around 6 hours to get there from here. I'll be spending the night with my sister and her family; they live just outside Little Rock. It's convenient, almost halfway to my final destination, and I get to play with my two nieces. :D
EXCELLENT travel plan!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 22nd, 2012, 10:42 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Can you make the car trip in one day, or will you stop overnight in a hotel?

It takes roughly 14 hours to drive from here to Galveston (maybe a little longer). Conveniently for me, Little Rock is on the way, and it takes around 6 hours to get there from here. I'll be spending the night with my sister and her family; they live just outside Little Rock. It's convenient, almost halfway to my final destination, and I get to play with my two nieces. :D
EXCELLENT travel plan!

Thanks! I thought so.

Today is my sweet baby niece's first birthday. I think there needs another party when I get there on Sunday. :ymparty:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 22nd, 2012, 11:21 pm

I'm spending an extra day here! I'll drive home on Friday.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » February 22nd, 2012, 11:45 pm

Miles wrote: Shanghai is awesome. I love China. Sorry you couldn't get to go. Was it a tough decision?

My boss keeps hinting at a trip to Germany this year. We go every four years but I skipped last visit. Sure would enjoy getting out of the home office for a week to Germany!
No, not a hard decision, actually. I have no problems being a working mom from 9-5, in fact, I enjoy it. But, I only get about 3 waking hours with FutureDA each weekday (1 in the morning, 2 at night), so I am quite adamant about not letting any work encroach on that time.

Plus, I'm pretty certain there will be other travel opportunities ahead.

Where in Germany? Can you sneak Kelly over with you next time? ;)
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » February 22nd, 2012, 11:47 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm freaking out. I just got a call from the moving company. They're coming tomorrow instead of Friday. :twitch:
Eeep!
ArkieDukie wrote:Whew - mixup at the local office. They'll be here on Friday as planned.
Whew!!!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » February 23rd, 2012, 7:49 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
Miles wrote: Shanghai is awesome. I love China. Sorry you couldn't get to go. Was it a tough decision?

My boss keeps hinting at a trip to Germany this year. We go every four years but I skipped last visit. Sure would enjoy getting out of the home office for a week to Germany!
No, not a hard decision, actually. I have no problems being a working mom from 9-5, in fact, I enjoy it. But, I only get about 3 waking hours with FutureDA each weekday (1 in the morning, 2 at night), so I am quite adamant about not letting any work encroach on that time.

Plus, I'm pretty certain there will be other travel opportunities ahead.

Where in Germany? Can you sneak Kelly over with you next time? ;)
Three hours seems like such a short time! I understand, and respect, not letting work encroach.

The trade show is always in Dusseldorf where they have a fantastic "city" of trade show halls. I've never seen anything quite like it before. And seriously, those Germans know how to throw a tradeshow. Though I admit it's a bit odd when somebody walks up to your booth with a stein of beer smoking a cigarette. I would love for Kelly to fly out at the end of the trip, assuming I go, but I don't think that's in the budget this year. We're saving up for honeymoon later this year!
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 23rd, 2012, 11:23 am

http://www.news-record.com/content/2012 ... chovie_dip

I am STUNNED that a meatball and anchovy embezzler is charged somewhere other than the Varnish Zone, though maybe society here hasn't advanced to that august level.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 23rd, 2012, 12:23 pm

I'm still picking paint from underneath my fingernails. I have an interesting color scheme going on.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 23rd, 2012, 1:12 pm

another day of sorting and shredding. Movers coming tomorrow!
-- Albert Einstein
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » February 23rd, 2012, 1:51 pm

Does anyone know who "The Playcaller" is that writes articles for "Over Yonder"? I'm curious and can't seem to find an answer anywhere "Over Yonder".
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 23rd, 2012, 1:53 pm

Rolvix wrote:Does anyone know who "The Playcaller" is that writes articles for "Over Yonder"? I'm curious and can't seem to find an answer anywhere "Over Yonder".
karl hess' cousin.

(seriously, IDK)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 23rd, 2012, 2:01 pm

devildeac wrote:
Rolvix wrote:Does anyone know who "The Playcaller" is that writes articles for "Over Yonder"? I'm curious and can't seem to find an answer anywhere "Over Yonder".
karl hess' cousin.

(seriously, IDK)
FWIW, Hess was mad at Corch and Gugs for their comments during the Duke game, and just waited till the next game to toss them.

At least that's what I heard at church last night from a lady whose son is a wuffie and has season tix. Not sure where his tix are, so I can't confirm or deny.

Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 23rd, 2012, 4:53 pm

devildeac wrote:
karl hess' cousin.

(seriously, IDK)
I believe he is a former ref, hence, his extensive knowledge about refs and rules and calls made or not made. I think they explained his background years ago when he first started writing for them. :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 23rd, 2012, 6:05 pm

I finally reserved a storage space in Galveston. It's in a climate-controlled building, and the spaces start at 12 ft above ground floor. I wanted to minimize the risk of losing my stuff in a flood.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 23rd, 2012, 6:20 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I finally reserved a storage space in Galveston. It's in a climate-controlled building, and the spaces start at 12 ft above ground floor. I wanted to minimize the risk of losing my stuff in a flood.
Every time I've gotten a storage unit here, that is the first thing I look at...where does the unit sit in relation to the street. If it's at or below street level, it makes no sense to store anything there.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 23rd, 2012, 11:42 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I finally reserved a storage space in Galveston. It's in a climate-controlled building, and the spaces start at 12 ft above ground floor. I wanted to minimize the risk of losing my stuff in a flood.
Every time I've gotten a storage unit here, that is the first thing I look at...where does the unit sit in relation to the street. If it's at or below street level, it makes no sense to store anything there.
Exactly. Strangely, this is the only multi-level storage facility in Galveston.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 23rd, 2012, 11:44 pm

I had my last handbell choir and choir practices this evening, so I didn't get to watch the basketball game live. Just finished watching on DVR. Good game for us. It's always nice to see Andre Dawkins lighting it up from the outside. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 24th, 2012, 8:56 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I had my last handbell choir and choir practices this evening, so I didn't get to watch the basketball game live. Just finished watching on DVR. Good game for us. It's always nice to see Andre Dawkins lighting it up from the outside. :9f:
I hope you got lots of love and hugs from your church friends. I know they will miss you bunches!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 24th, 2012, 9:56 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
karl hess' cousin.

(seriously, IDK)
I believe he is a former ref, hence, his extensive knowledge about refs and rules and calls made or not made. I think they explained his background years ago when he first started writing for them. :9f:
That is correct. He is a former ref.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.