Dear Coach K...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Dear Coach K...

Post by Lavabe » January 21st, 2012, 9:07 pm

Please don't blame the players too much for this one.
Blame me instead. After all, I didn't have any dishes to wash.
As a substitute, I tried doing my finances, but that did not help. #-o

I apologize.

It will NEVER happen again.
Sorry,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Dear Coach K...

Post by ArkieDukie » January 21st, 2012, 9:38 pm

Dear Coach K,

Although my esteemed colleague, Lavabe, is trying to take the blame for this loss, the blame really lies with me. You see, today my loyalties were split. I wore my lucky Razorback earrings for the Arkansas-Michigan game and then switched to my lucky Blue Devil earrings for the Duke game. Alas and alack, I fear that I used up my quota of good luck on the outcome of the Arkansas game. I regret my actions and promise that this will not happen again. In the future, I will wear the lucky Duke earrings all day on game day.

With much remorse,
ArkieDukie
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 21st, 2012, 10:21 pm

While riding home from the game, we listened to Coach K's interview. He is not angry with the team. He did say this loss will help them improve. Cameron was packed. The crowd was great.I ran into Cheermon and dad. That was nice. You know the story, "All the kings horses, all the kings me..... :duke:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 21st, 2012, 11:55 pm

Dear Coach K:

Please do not be upset with the team. You see, this loss was my fault. I watched the game on my upstairs television, and I forgot to turn on my Duke Basketball Christmas Tree.

It will never happen again.

Love,

Cathy

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » January 22nd, 2012, 3:44 am

Coach K,

It was actually my fault. I was standing at the break in the screens on the front row. I had the perfect opportunity to spring out of Section 17 and level (or at least unbalance) one of the ballhandlers during the last 5 seconds of the game. Sure, I might have been arrested, but it could've changed the outcome of the game. I lost track of the clock, a very grave error during that time of the ballgame. I am sorry.

-Robbie
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 22nd, 2012, 10:57 am

Dear Coach K,

It's not my fault! I did everything I was supposed to do before and during the game! Let's blame the refs for ignoring obvious fouls by FSU and for cheating Austin out of a lucky 3 at the end of the first half! No? OK, we'll do it your way! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 22nd, 2012, 12:40 pm

Dear Coach K,

It is not your fault or the teams fault for the loss. The Damn Tarholes paid a WITCH DOCTOR to cast a VOODOO spell on the Blue Devils. Not only did the Witch Doctor cast a spell, but Made VOODOO DOLLS of You, Coach K and all the Team Players. Those same Tarholes, threw some HUSH money to the refs, also, for extra good measure! Tarholes like to bend all the rules, and Create their own, and somehow get by with it.

I am proud of you and the Team, because no one left the bench or the court early to run like a coward to the locker room, but stayed and took everything in stride. We win together and lose together as a team.

I hate the F**king Unc Tarholes, as much as everyone. And their tactics today, to see that Duke lost to FSU, just so they could make their total ASS Whooping seem a little better, is just another sceme they had up their sleeve. That Damn Ol' Roy will do about anything! Azzhole!

Next Play!!

And as Always, GO DUKE and GTHC! :9f:

DWP2
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 22nd, 2012, 4:07 pm

Dear Coach K,

I must have not had the correct combination of lucky shirts on yesterday, so I will take my share of the blame for the loss. However, I would like to know the name and location of the young lady with the "Wins Limit 45" sign in the student section. I knew it wasn't a good omen when I saw that sign in the crowd. Who would want to limit our home winning streak to 45?

I'll wear different clothing for the next game.

DukieInKansas
Life is good!
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » January 22nd, 2012, 9:58 pm

Actually, while you all are to be commended for accepting the blame, the TRUE fault is mine.

I, EarlJam, a.k.a. "The White Falcon" in tennis, was in Section 21 watching the game with everyone else. While I was there, Duke was playing well, kicking butt.

Then, I had to leave.

I had to go play tennis. I turned off the TV and felt that Duke was in good hands.

Only after my match did I learn that they started folding the second I left Section 21.

Dang me. Dang me to Heck.

I am sorry. If it were a singles match, I would have rescheduled; but three people were waiting on me. I will try to ensure it never happens again!

With sincere love and adoration that knows no limitations,

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » January 23rd, 2012, 9:32 am

Dear Coach K, please do not blame the players for the loss to FSU. It's my fault. I refuse to use the Good Luck Butt Rub for regular season games (unless the Heels are involved). Plus, we were saving up all our weekend luck for the Patriots.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 23rd, 2012, 9:42 am

Dear Coach K,

It's my fault. I wasn't home or in Section 21 for the game, because I was at a benefit dinner for a lady who needs a bone marrow transplant. I watched the first half on my phone on Watch ESPN, but then my phone died. Coincidence? I think not.

Also, when I walked the dogs Saturday morning, I wore my Duke jacket due to the nasty weather. I know never to wear Duke logo stuff on game day, because we don't win when I do, but I thought the good karma of my being at the benefit would outweigh any bad karma from the jacket, and I didn't want pneumonia. Next time I'll choose the pneumonia.

I recognize that we are a work in progress and that this is January, and I won't slip up with the Duke logo again.

You have my undying admiration. Go Duke, and :9f:

Lawgrad
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 5th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Dear Coach K,

I heard your Post Game after the Miami game. You said your were "Disapointed" at least 10 times. =(( =(( We all feel the pain also.

Go Duke! GTHC! :duke: :9f:

DWP2
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 5th, 2012, 11:35 pm

Dear Coach K,
Well you surely can't blame the Crazies for this one. They worked very hard today! The team just didn't start playing at the tip off, dug themselves a hole and then wore themselves out trying to get back in it.

You really, REALLY need a coach on the floor. You know the kind. The kind of guy you really, really trust at the point. Maybe Quinn will become that guy. Til then, the players will just have to play the tune with no conductor .... sort of each man going solo at the same time.

We ain't goin' nowhere,though. It's only practice til March. Go to Hell Carolina!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 9th, 2012, 6:07 am

Dear Coach K,
Karma told me not to watch the second half, especially at the end. I followed Karma's orders.
Just wanted to let you know that I will continue to respond to whatever Karma wants.
GTHC, GTH,
Lavabe
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :ymdevil:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 9th, 2012, 9:09 am

Lavabe wrote:Dear Coach K,
Karma told me not to watch the second half, especially at the end. I followed Karma's orders.
Just wanted to let you know that I will continue to respond to whatever Karma wants.
GTHC, GTH,
Lavabe
Never give up. Never, ever give up! When we were down 12, I got a pessimistic email. I replied that the game wasn't over and we were still in it. We've seen this before. We'll see it again - both ways. There is a reason why I'm optimistic and last night proved me right again! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 9th, 2012, 9:13 am

Dear Coach:

I kept the Duke Basketball tree lit all night. I never gave up. I have always believed in you.

Woo-freaking-hoo! That was a fun victory!

Love always,

Cathy
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 9th, 2012, 9:38 am

Coach K,

The Fist.

That is all.

Windsor

PS Austin Rivers is the middle finger on that fist
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 9th, 2012, 11:29 am

windsor wrote:Coach K,

The Fist.

That is all.

Windsor

Oh, this might be my second favorite post of the year. . .

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 9th, 2012, 12:25 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Dear Coach K,
GTHC, GTH,
Lavabe
Never give up. Never, ever give up! When we were down 12, I got a pessimistic email. I replied that the game wasn't over and we were still in it. We've seen this before. We'll see it again - both ways. There is a reason why I'm optimistic and last night proved me right again! B-)
But Ozzie, if I can't get into the exact right lucky posture on the couch, Karma says that I need to stop jinxing the good guys.
:D
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 9th, 2012, 12:37 pm

windsor wrote:Coach K,

The Fist.

That is all.

Windsor

AWESOME Windsor! Austin is the Middle finger on both hands!!!

Best post!!! I think you should TRADEMARK it!