LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by EarlJam » January 13th, 2012, 12:15 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:We're in the midst of a veritable blizzard right now. Lots of blowing snow, but maybe 2" on the ground now. The forecast is for 3". Roads are getting messy again. Please send vibes that my choir director cancels rehearsals for this evening - I want to watch the game!
We had flurries this morning. I envy you.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 13th, 2012, 1:35 pm

EarlJam wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:We're in the midst of a veritable blizzard right now. Lots of blowing snow, but maybe 2" on the ground now. The forecast is for 3". Roads are getting messy again. Please send vibes that my choir director cancels rehearsals for this evening - I want to watch the game!

-EarlJam
I don't. :twitch:
Not in the weather department, anyway.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 13th, 2012, 1:37 pm

CathyCA wrote:Holy buffoonery.

If you're going to go in to criminal court and fire your court-appointed lawyer and then tell the judge that you'll represent yourself because "This is all just a bunch of buffoonery," don't you think it would be a good idea to wear a long-sleeved shirt that covers up your tattoo which proclaims to all the world (including the elderly victims, the D.A. and the judge) "Show No Mercy?"

Yup, I thought so, too.

The judge is a Duke grad. He showed no mercy.

:9f:
Which shows proof-positive, the value you could have shared. What a dumb ass!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 13th, 2012, 6:48 pm

I am SO glad this week is over. Today I had to deal with 2 "NuBarbie is a complete and total dumbass" moments. The first one I would classify as a "let me Google that for you" moment. (I opened my web browser and looked up the answer for her; I didn't call her out for the dumbass that she is.) The second was a "have you done this analysis before" question. Uh, yes, I have, you dumbass. It was part of the preliminary data for the grant that's paying your salary - you might read it sometime. It amazes me that she has absolutely no grasp of the preliminary work on this project. IT'S THE ONLY PROJECT SHE'S WORKING ON. #-o (I sent a nice e-mail with a link for the data she requested, along with a copy of the poster I presented on this work at an on-campus poster session. I did not call her out for the dumbass that she is.)

The "let me google that for you" question is somewhat related to the kindergarten level SOP I'm having to write. It has screen captures of every single step that is needed in the software - right down to pictures of drop-down menus with correct selections highlighted. It looks like a friggin' Dick and Jane book. All I need to do is blow the font up to 30 point or so. I am now confident that I am having to write it this way because she is a complete and total dumbass.

Okay, end of rant. It's Friday! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: It's a 3-day weekend! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Next week is only a 4-day work week! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 13th, 2012, 6:52 pm

EarlJam wrote:

-EarlJam
We had winds and 45 degrees, no clouds, no flurries, no snow :( I love snow!!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 13th, 2012, 6:54 pm

DukePA wrote:
EarlJam wrote:

-EarlJam
We had winds and 45 degrees, no clouds, no flurries, no snow :( I love snow!!!!
It was supposed to be clear today, but we had snow flurries for a good chunk of the day. No real accumulation, though. If it's going to be this cold (in the 10s or 20s), I'd like to get snow, dadgumit! We really just have a dusting.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 13th, 2012, 8:03 pm

captmojo wrote:John 3:16 under his eyes
Passes for 316 yards
Completes 31.6 of his passes
:twitch:
Freaky, huh?
My feelings are summed up well by Tebowie (via Hulu):
http://www.hulu.com/watch/318731/late-n ... on-tebowie
:D
Go Pats (or whoever is playing the Broncos)!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » January 14th, 2012, 11:35 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I am SO glad this week is over. Today I had to deal with 2 "NuBarbie is a complete and total dumbass" moments. The first one I would classify as a "let me Google that for you" moment.
Windsor would probably not approve, and you probably already know about this site, I've only ever used it once, but it feels so good: [link]http://lmgtfy.com/[/link]

(summary: you type in the search terms you use and it generates a link you can send them which animates using google)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 14th, 2012, 11:39 am

bluebutton wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I am SO glad this week is over. Today I had to deal with 2 "NuBarbie is a complete and total dumbass" moments. The first one I would classify as a "let me Google that for you" moment.
Windsor would probably not approve, and you probably already know about this site, I've only ever used it once, but it feels so good: [link]http://lmgtfy.com/[/link]

(summary: you type in the search terms you use and it generates a link you can send them which animates using google)
I, too, love that site. I've been tempted to use it at work on numerous occasions and have restrained myself.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 14th, 2012, 10:20 pm

I'm watching the Miss America Pageant. My cousin and I usually watch it together via Skype in order to heckle.

My favorite so far is Miss Oklahoma. Not liking Miss Texas on piano. Sorry, but piped-in orchestra along with piano?
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 14th, 2012, 10:40 pm

90-57.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 14th, 2012, 10:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm watching the Miss America Pageant. My cousin and I usually watch it together via Skype in order to heckle.

My favorite so far is Miss Oklahoma. Not liking Miss Texas on piano. Sorry, but piped-in orchestra along with piano?
I bet it's more interesting than the Tebow vs. Brady NFL playoff game.
With 3:16 to go in the 3rd, I believe the Patriots are going to score 316 points.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 14th, 2012, 11:21 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm watching the Miss America Pageant. My cousin and I usually watch it together via Skype in order to heckle.

I bet it's more interesting than the Tebow vs. Brady NFL playoff game.
With 3:16 to go in the 3rd, I believe the Patriots are going to score 316 points.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 14th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Not unlike the Holes, Tebow and the Broncos lost by 35 or so. :D
Unlike the Holes, the Broncos remained on the playing surface for the whole game.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » January 14th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Lavabe wrote:Not unlike the Holes, Tebow and the Broncos lost by 35 or so. :D
Unlike the Holes, the Broncos remained on the playing surface for the whole game.
Not a joke, but still damned funny. :D

:happy-bouncyblue:

(Oh wait, wrong thread.)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 15th, 2012, 12:02 am

Lavabe wrote:Not unlike the Holes, Tebow and the Broncos lost by 35 or so. :D
Good one! :)) :)) :ymdevil: :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 15th, 2012, 6:52 am

We had a distant cousin competing in Miss A last night, Miss WVA. Her grandparents live a couple of miles away. Oh well...
The football was so lopsided I couldn't keep watching. Sorry LG. We found out 'Who Dat'.
I enjoyed a nice Porterhouse and beer, was so bored that I went to bed very early but very satisfied in knowing that order remains in the universe.
Tarholes suck, win or lose, and the national audience they had could see exactly why. I don't understand why the poor 5 guys that Roy left out there, did anything other than slowly walk toward the corner of the court that leads to the locker room, so as to time their exit with 0:00. If my coach had abandoned me out there... :-? What a great recruiting tool he's got now. Huck...what a hero!
:))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 15th, 2012, 4:23 pm

I watched Miss America last night. The top 5 was the most beautiful group of girls I could remember in quite some time.

I was pulling for Miss Oklahoma since she shares the same name as my aunt. I was hoping to hear my aunt's name called as the newest Miss America. Oh well. . .

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 15th, 2012, 4:39 pm

CathyCA wrote:I watched Miss America last night. The top 5 was the most beautiful group of girls I could remember in quite some time.

I was pulling for Miss Oklahoma since she shares the same name as my aunt. I was hoping to hear my aunt's name called as the newest Miss America. Oh well. . .

I liked Miss Oklahoma best from the final group.

Did you think it was a bit harsh that they put the entire group of 15 onstage and had them ready to perform their talent and eliminated randomly from there? I thought it was a bit on the cruel side.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 15th, 2012, 10:54 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I watched Miss America last night. The top 5 was the most beautiful group of girls I could remember in quite some time.

I liked Miss Oklahoma best from the final group.

Did you think it was a bit harsh that they put the entire group of 15 onstage and had them ready to perform their talent and eliminated randomly from there? I thought it was a bit on the cruel side.
I thought the cruelest thing was when they did the "save" thing and told the contestants to line up behind either Miss Alabama, Miss Virginia or Miss North Carolina. I guess we know who didn't win the title of Miss Congeniality.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith