devildeac's great adventure-warning: graphic content!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

devildeac's great adventure-warning: graphic content!

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 4:30 pm

HA! Made you look :roll: :lol: :oops:

As my "location" says, I am preparing for my first colonoscopy and I am so elated I can hardly stand it :roll: . In fact, for the rest of the afternoon and evening as well, I won't be able to "stand" it :lol: . As some may know, a screening colonoscopy is recommended for all those folks of AARP age or older. Well, after being too busy for too long, I have finally been convinced to undergo this wonderful procedure by my sweetie and, after today and/or tomorrow, I may never forgive her ;;) .

The prep began this AM. Well, it actually began last night after about 730 PM when my clear liquid diet began. I promptly proceeded to initiate it with a couple chilled, hand-crafted malted beverages. The details/reviews are not important as they have been reviewed before. :)) .

My children have conspired in this plot and fixed me a delicious cooked breakfast consisting of some peach Jello (they "cooked" the water last PM so the Jello would be set by this AM :roll: ), beef bouillion (yet another "cooked" item :roll: ) and some chilled lemon-lime Gatorade. Yummy.

More later. I can't take much more of this excitement. Plus, while I get prepared for all these liquids AND a potent laxative to start working, I get to PW some more. :)) :)) :(( :((
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: devildeac's great adventure-warning: graphic content!

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 4:49 pm

DD - Sending you vibes and prayers for ya from VA!!! Per CB&B, I understand coconut has natural qualities, thus I assume you've been enjoying some more "home made" coconut ..... :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 4:52 pm

cl15876 wrote:DD - Sending you vibes and prayers for ya from VA!!! Per CB&B, I understand coconut has natural qualities, thus I assume you've been enjoying some more "home made" coconut ..... :D
No coconut, alas, just clear liquids and, about an hour ago, a potent laxative... :roll: :((
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 5:32 pm

Mid-morning snack: guess what, more peach Jello and beef bouillion and chilled gatorade. I did find some variety a bit later for my noon "meal." :roll:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 5:42 pm

devildeac wrote:Mid-morning snack: guess what, more peach Jello and beef bouillion and chilled gatorade. I did find some variety a bit later for my noon "meal." :roll:
YUMMY!!!! I bet you can't wait for the procedure to be BEHIND YOU!!! Excuse the bun, oops I mean pun! Where is my Woody? :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 5:52 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:Mid-morning snack: guess what, more peach Jello and beef bouillion and chilled gatorade. I did find some variety a bit later for my noon "meal." :roll:
YUMMY!!!! I bet you can't wait for the procedure to be BEHIND YOU!!! Excuse the bun, oops I mean pun! Where is my Woody? :D
You'd best keep your Woody to yourself in this particular situation... :roll: :oops: :lol:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 5:53 pm

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
You'd best keep your Woody to yourself in this particular situation... :roll: :oops: :lol:
:-o :-o =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Was technically thinking cornbeef and pastrami, silly!!! :D :D :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Lunch: Variety time! A change to Island Pineapple jello, some fabulous chicken bouillon and more Gatorade.

Iced tea coming up for my caffeinated traveling beverage.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 5:59 pm

devildeac wrote:
Lunch: Variety time! A change to Island Pineapple jello, some fabulous chicken bouillon and more Gatorade.

travel beverage??? Sounds like an overnight stay??? I thought these were typically in and out procedures?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 6:09 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:

travel beverage??? Sounds like an overnight stay??? I thought these were typically in and out procedures?
We were heading home from the coast.

In and out-BWAHAHAHA

I guess I'll finally get it "in the end."
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » June 28th, 2009, 6:25 pm

I've had one of these fun filled procedures before. The prep for it & the anicipation were by far the worst part. The procedure itself wasn't nearly as bad as I'd built it up to be in my mind.

Regarding my prep, though- clear liquid diet to me meant homemade chicken soup. None of that bullion garbage. ;)
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 6:28 pm

Sue71 wrote:I've had one of these fun filled procedures before. The prep for it & the anicipation were by far the worst part. The procedure itself wasn't nearly as bad as I'd built it up to be in my mind.

Regarding my prep, though- clear liquid diet to me meant homemade chicken soup. None of that bullion garbage. ;)
I'm not supposed to have any fat in the broth and it would be tough with a buncha boiled chicken to have a fat-free liquid, even partially freezing the broth and then skimming off the fat :cry: . The soup certainly sounds better :cry: .
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 6:36 pm

I did manage to "treat" myself to some white grape juice for a mid-afternoon "snack." :roll:

Just before the potent laxative. :oops: :roll:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 28th, 2009, 6:40 pm

After your procedure, can you immediately eat solid foods, or do you ease back into them with a semi liquid diet?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » June 28th, 2009, 6:44 pm

CathyCA wrote:After your procedure, can you immediately eat solid foods, or do you ease back into them with a semi liquid diet?
solid foods immediately! I had a turkey sammich after I underwent the fun a few years ago.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 6:52 pm

CathyCA wrote:After your procedure, can you immediately eat solid foods, or do you ease back into them with a semi liquid diet?
I have heard rumors that another CT member had the procedure on Friday and went out a couple hours after the procedure and had a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a tuna salad sammich.

Me? I wanna cheesesteak!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 6:53 pm

DukePA wrote:
solid foods immediately! I had a turkey sammich after I underwent the fun a few years ago.
When did you have your mimosa? ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 6:57 pm

devildeac wrote:
Me? I wanna cheesesteak!
NOW, THAT really sounds YUMMY!!! :-bd
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Did I mention that after I finished my afternoon walk that I took a potent laxative? Then I mowed the lawn. Then the real fun began... :roll:

But I did have another delicious "slice" of Island Pineapple Jello, a tasty cup of beef bouillon and some more Gatorade.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 28th, 2009, 7:00 pm

First off, DD, you said you were joking about the graphic content. This thread is MORE than graphic enough for me.

Second off, Sue, while the procedure is not fun for anybody, you have to understand that for guys, this is something that is particularly bad, as we are trained almost from birth to avoid that kind of thing. You know, dropped soap jokes, horror stories, etc. So, for a guy, there's a certain psychological torture element that just isn't the same for women. Kind of like dad making you cut your own switch or pick your belt as a kid. Not to mention that MOST guys of "AARP age", as DD put it, have an at least SLIGHTLY enlarged prostate, which just makes the whole thing just that much more uncomfortable. :((

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage