LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Miles » December 18th, 2011, 2:02 pm

Kelly and I are recovering from food poisoning. I woke up 2:30 Saturday morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Kelly was a bit luckier, she didn't start getting sick until later in the morning. Really bummed because we missed the big family Christmas party.

I wonder if it's possible to break a rib vomiting.
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 18th, 2011, 2:21 pm

Miles wrote:Kelly and I are recovering from food poisoning. I woke up 2:30 Saturday morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Kelly was a bit luckier, she didn't start getting sick until later in the morning. Really bummed because we missed the big family Christmas party.

Yes, or come damn close to it. You can certainly strain abdominal muscles, just like with a bad, deep cough. Hope ya'll are feeling better this afternoon. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 18th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Miles wrote:Kelly and I are recovering from food poisoning. I woke up 2:30 Saturday morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Kelly was a bit luckier, she didn't start getting sick until later in the morning. Really bummed because we missed the big family Christmas party.

Ughhh. No freaking fair. Try par boiling white rice and drinking the broth. That can help diarrhea. I hope you both recover quickly.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 18th, 2011, 4:37 pm

:wizard: Get well soon. Don't forget where it came from.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Miles

Post by Miles » December 18th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Thanks everyone. Well, this was fast-moving. I went through an agonizing 16 hours but was able to enjoy some saltine crackers, apple sauce and gatorade last night for dinner. It was seriously one of the best damn meals of my life. The biggest problem today has been the phsycial pain. Seriously don't think I've been in this much pain since football practice in high school.

Kelly and I agree that the culprit was a wedge salad. It's going to be a while before I enjoy lettuce, tomatoes or bleu cheese for a while. :(
sMiles
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 18th, 2011, 9:32 pm

devildeac wrote: Might make it worth is to move to Indiana.
They did beat UK last week.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 18th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Miles wrote:Thanks everyone. Well, this was fast-moving. I went through an agonizing 16 hours but was able to enjoy some saltine crackers, apple sauce and gatorade last night for dinner. It was seriously one of the best damn meals of my life. The biggest problem today has been the phsycial pain. Seriously don't think I've been in this much pain since football practice in high school.

Kelly and I agree that the culprit was a wedge salad. It's going to be a while before I enjoy lettuce, tomatoes or bleu cheese for a while. :(
Ouch, good to see you are starting to feel better. It's been several years since I've had food poisoning but certainly not an experience to be repeated.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 18th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Miles wrote:Thanks everyone. Well, this was fast-moving. I went through an agonizing 16 hours but was able to enjoy some saltine crackers, apple sauce and gatorade last night for dinner. It was seriously one of the best damn meals of my life. The biggest problem today has been the phsycial pain. Seriously don't think I've been in this much pain since football practice in high school.

I 'm glad your better.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 18th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Vibes for both of you to improve quickly. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » December 18th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Ouch. That sounds awful. Glad you're on the mend, don't be afraid to get thee to a doctor if you do think you may have broken something.

:ymhug: (gentle hug.)
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » December 18th, 2011, 11:55 pm

Ymmm, prosecco.

:happy-bouncyblue:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 19th, 2011, 9:34 am

Mrs. Ozzie won 4 tickets to the Raleigh Hurricanes game on 12/29 from WRAL this morning! It also included a gift certificate to Fleming's Steak House in Raleigh! B-)

IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » December 19th, 2011, 9:40 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Mrs. Ozzie won 4 tickets to the Raleigh Hurricanes game on 12/29 from WRAL this morning! It also included a gift certificate to Fleming's Steak House in Raleigh! B-)

Enjoy the evening thanks to Mrs Ozzie! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 19th, 2011, 10:16 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Mrs. Ozzie won 4 tickets to the Raleigh Hurricanes game on 12/29 from WRAL this morning! It also included a gift certificate to Fleming's Steak House in Raleigh! B-)
Hopefully, they'll play some hockey between fights.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2011, 11:58 am

Maybe you could invite Colchar to join you. The Canes are playing the Maple Leafs (why aren't they called "Leaves?") that evening.

Doesn't Colchar like the Maple Leafs?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 19th, 2011, 12:42 pm

Fun! Congratulations to Mrs. Ozzie!

:drool: on the Fleming's gift certificate. We are going to the one in GSO for B's birthday in January.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 19th, 2011, 2:59 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Maybe you could invite Colchar to join you. The Canes are playing the Maple Leafs (why aren't they called "Leaves?") that evening.

Doesn't Colchar like the Maple Leafs?

:9f:
The first NHL game I ever went to was at the old Maple Leaf Garden in Toronto, way back in the mid 60's, probably '65 or '66. We went with my uncles and cousins - my dad was from Toronto and that's where the rest of the family lived back then.

YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 20th, 2011, 6:16 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Ymmm, prosecco.

:happy-bouncyblue:
What's that?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 20th, 2011, 8:32 am

I posted this OY in the MOTM thread.
Quinn Cox, uh, Cook got my vote tonight. Apparently Bob Harris called Cook "Cox" at some point during the broadcast last night, or so he told Quinn during the post game interview as Bob led with an apology for doing so. Shortly after that, devildeac had to apologize to me for almost making me spew my Diet Coke onto the person sitting in front of me in the car we were riding, but to say more would just be Crazietalk.
I'll leave the rest of the explanation up to devildeac, but let's just say it was a comment he made invoking the name EarlJam after Bob Harris's apology... ;)

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 20th, 2011, 1:14 pm

Funny but true: a vendor gave us a few boxes of very nice, individually wrapped cookies for Christmas. The brand? "Cheryl's Cookies" Each cookie was individually wrapped, with the brand printed on the wrapper. NuBarbie thought I made them. :twitch: =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein