Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Latest work(s)

Post by IowaDevil » December 10th, 2011, 9:18 am

Very nice!

:duke:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 10th, 2011, 9:41 am

Nicely done! :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^ :-BD :clap:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » December 11th, 2011, 12:33 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:And now for something completely different. From a picture I took on my first date with Julie (Painted in Julie's house)
KayakSmall.jpg
The more I see this, the more I like it -- it reminds me of your abstracts, which I think are fun & unique, but has a strong subject too. Your dad's portrait is my new favorite, but this is in the top 5. (So is this one: http://www.wagnerwatercolor.com/index.p ... s=1366-768)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 11th, 2011, 8:57 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:And now for something completely different. From a picture I took on my first date with Julie (Painted in Julie's house)
KayakSmall.jpg
The more I see this, the more I like it -- it reminds me of your abstracts, which I think are fun & unique, but has a strong subject too. Your dad's portrait is my new favorite, but this is in the top 5. (So is this one: http://www.wagnerwatercolor.com/index.p ... s=1366-768)
Thanks very much. The combination of the abstract and the representational is exactly what I was shooting for. I am participating in a outdoor art show in May or June, and they are having a contest to come up with the poster for it. The show is at a marina, so waterlife is a big theme. The kayaker is the first of a few thoughts I have, so I'll be doing a couple more in the same vein. By the way, DD's wife owns one of the sisters to that painting you linked. She bought this one. http://wagnerwatercolor.com/modules/gal ... ssmall.jpg
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 11th, 2011, 9:12 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
KayakSmall.jpg
Thanks very much. The combination of the abstract and the representational is exactly what I was shooting for. I am participating in a outdoor art show in May or June, and they are having a contest to come up with the poster for it. The show is at a marina, so waterlife is a big theme. The kayaker is the first of a few thoughts I have, so I'll be doing a couple more in the same vein. By the way, DD's wife owns one of the sisters to that painting you linked. She bought this one. http://wagnerwatercolor.com/modules/gal ... ssmall.jpg
Yep, hanging in our laundry room. Now, while that might not seem like much of a compliment, it is in reality one of the highest order as we look at it many times each week as we do our laundry and go through the laundry room on our way to the attic. Great match with our color scheme in that room.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 11th, 2011, 11:43 pm

I really like it. :happy-bouncyblue:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 12th, 2011, 8:33 am

KayakSmall.jpg
Very different and I like it! Love the way the sun is glistening off the sweat across his back, and the contrast in colors of his skin and the water. B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » December 12th, 2011, 9:47 am

I love all of these Chris!

But we all know which is my favorite.

<=========================
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 26th, 2011, 10:49 pm

I started this thread with one of the kids in this painting (the middle one). The woman I had done them for (she had bought them for her daughters) also wanted one of the three together. On the day I took the photos, I did get three good shots of them together, but none of the individual pics was perfect...in each, one kid was crying, or looking behind him, or doing whatever a kid does when he's supposed to be sitting quietly next to his brother. I took the three pics, and mashed them for the one image I liked. It's my last portrait of 2011.
MyThreeSloans.jpg
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 26th, 2011, 11:06 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I started this thread with one of the kids in this painting (the middle one). The woman I had done them for (she had bought them for her daughters) also wanted one of the three together. On the day I took the photos, I did get three good shots of them together, but none of the individual pics was perfect...in each, one kid was crying, or looking behind him, or doing whatever a kid does when he's supposed to be sitting quietly next to his brother. I took the three pics, and mashed them for the one image I liked. It's my last portrait of 2011.
MyThreeSloans.jpg
I love this pic. You captured so much personality on each of these kids.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 27th, 2011, 12:13 am

Precious!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » December 27th, 2011, 9:36 am

I say this with every new painting....this one is my favorite! Love 'em all!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 28th, 2011, 7:10 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I started this thread with one of the kids in this painting (the middle one). The woman I had done them for (she had bought them for her daughters) also wanted one of the three together. On the day I took the photos, I did get three good shots of them together, but none of the individual pics was perfect...in each, one kid was crying, or looking behind him, or doing whatever a kid does when he's supposed to be sitting quietly next to his brother. I took the three pics, and mashed them for the one image I liked. It's my last portrait of 2011.
MyThreeSloans.jpg
Perfect!! What more can I say except another winner.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 28th, 2011, 8:46 pm

You're getting better, Chris. Can you tell, too?

Isn't it interesting how in the blue checked dress, the shadow side and the sunny side are painted in direct opposite to each other? That is the shadow side is painted with white squares and blue lines while the sunny side shows up in blue squares and white lines. Anybody notice that?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 5th, 2012, 11:49 pm

GardenHat.jpg
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 6th, 2012, 8:58 am

VERY nice CB&B! Love the simple realism. I had to look really close to tell whether I was looking a child or a grown woman working in the garden, but I figured it out! ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 6th, 2012, 9:34 am

Another gorgeous one...both the lady & the painting! :)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2012, 9:39 am

Again, a great job by you. :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^ :-BD :clap:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 6th, 2012, 9:44 am

IowaDevil wrote:Another gorgeous one...both the lady & the painting! :)
Thanks. I told Julie that I don't like to paint women I'm in a relationship with because it's bad luck. The ones I've painted, they've all left..lol. I told her I was thinking about doing this one, she said "well you can't tell that's me so it's a good one to do".
Now she won't let me sell it. I asked her why not and she said "Because I love it and that's me". I reminded her that she said nobody could tell it's her anyway, and she replied "but I know it's me and it's going on our wall". Sigh...hard to make any money if I can't sell the painting! :ymsigh:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 6th, 2012, 10:50 am

I don't blame Julie. It's a wonderful painting. :-BD