Warning!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

dpslaw
Part Time Student at PWing school

Warning!

Post by dpslaw » December 3rd, 2011, 8:05 am

Apparently my AOL account was hacked yesterday (Friday). If you got an email purportedly from me yesterday with no subject line, please delete it. Sorry!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Warning!

Post by CathyCA » December 3rd, 2011, 8:49 am

I got the email and deleted it. I hope it didn't mess up your computer too much.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 3rd, 2011, 8:53 am

dpslaw wrote:Apparently my AOL account was hacked yesterday (Friday). If you got an email purportedly from me yesterday with no subject line, please delete it. Sorry!
I got the email from dpslaw and sent him an email back asking if it was really from him or if he'd been hacked? My "public service duty" for the day. I'm guessing that's how dpslaw found out he'd been hacked, but I may not have been the first to query him.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » December 3rd, 2011, 9:37 am

At this point, I'm all Apple, so my computers are fine. I was at a CLE at the Friday Center yesterday when this happened, so I'll blame UNC!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 3rd, 2011, 10:17 am

dpslaw wrote:At this point, I'm all Apple, so my computers are fine. I was at a CLE at the Friday Center yesterday when this happened, so I'll blame UNC!
I bought a macbook for that exact reason. I rest easier knowing it is unlikely I will have computer issues due to a virus. I did install macfee anyway, just to be extra safe.
I worship the Blue Devil!
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » December 3rd, 2011, 10:18 am

Okay, I've changed my password for the AOL account. Is there anything else I should do? I would really hate to delete the account.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 3rd, 2011, 5:44 pm

dpslaw wrote:Okay, I've changed my password for the AOL account. Is there anything else I should do? I would really hate to delete the account.
It may have not even come from you, that's common, so deleting the account won't make a difference. Regardless of whether you change your password or not, although that is still a good step.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.