Here's the story... of a Cameron Crazy

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Here's the story... of a Cameron Crazy

Post by ILoveJimmy » June 25th, 2009, 10:02 am

For his recent birthday, Lavabe and I gave DevilDeac a Cameron Crazies t-shirt which has a personal phrase on the back. See the photos below for the front and back views. DevilDeac has a great story about the origin of the personal phrase. I'm sure he will delight us with it! :D
ILJ
Attachments
CCfront.JPG
CCback.JPG
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: Here's the story... of a Cameron Crazy

Post by DukieInKansas » June 25th, 2009, 11:04 am

Do Cameron Crazies ever really grow up? I think they just get older.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 25th, 2009, 11:09 am

ILJ, did the printers give you any flack over the shirt? I'm assuming it was done in Ky.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 25th, 2009, 11:43 am

I love it!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » June 25th, 2009, 12:20 pm

TillyGalore wrote:ILJ, did the printers give you any flack over the shirt? I'm assuming it was done in Ky.
Actually, we did this ourselves. I'm sure that in the land of the missing "D" and "E" (missing from the UK everyone wears and displays around here), I would have gotten many dirty looks otherwise!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 25th, 2009, 12:53 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:ILJ, did the printers give you any flack over the shirt? I'm assuming it was done in Ky.
Actually, we did this ourselves. I'm sure that in the land of the missing "D" and "E" (missing from the UK everyone wears and displays around here), I would have gotten many dirty looks otherwise!!

Wow!!! I am really impressed!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 25th, 2009, 1:07 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Do Cameron Crazies ever really grow up?

Not if they hang out here they don't.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Story tonight-work is just so darn inconvenient at times. ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 25th, 2009, 1:51 pm

Well, you certainly look happy to wear it. \:D/
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2009, 10:39 pm

And here's the story:

2nd round, Eastern Regional about 4-5 years ago at the Pork Palace, err, RBC Center in Raleighwood and I've got 4 tix at about center court right next to the Crazies. This was the 1st year the ID folks decided to sell a couple hundred tix to the Crazies for their continued support to the team and not sell all the tix to the ID members. My 2 older children got 2 of the tix, and Ozzie, for his continued friendship and the fact he often invites me to accompany him to CIS (if I purchase his 2nd ticket, of course :D ), was agreeable to buying th 4th seat. We did just about every (well, it ended up being EVERY) cheer the Crazies did, and we were not bashful about it. Well, sometime during halftime, a couple older gents behind us commented just loud enough for Ozzie to hear (I was talking to my kids at the time), "so this is what a Cameron Crazy looks/acts like when they grow up." Ozzie's reply was the classic, "we never grow up." He shared that with me a moment or two later and we both laughed our arses off at their observation. I relayed that story to Lavabe and ILJ, I got the shirt with the front insignia only for my birthday or Christmas, and now, about 5 years later, there's the rest of the shirt/story.

Thanks again for the memories and the shirt. Classics.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2009, 10:40 pm

captmojo wrote:Well, you certainly look happy to wear it. \:D/
Immeasurably. :D
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 25th, 2009, 11:06 pm

How did your oldest get a tix with the Crazies when she isn't even a Duke fan? Bless her heart.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2009, 11:11 pm

TillyGalore wrote:How did your oldest get a tix with the Crazies when she isn't even a Duke fan? Bless her heart.
A friend of my wife's sold us 4 tix and they were right next to the Crazies. Joy had gone to the 1st round game and sat downstairs with her friend and 2 other people. I had the same 4 seats/tix for the 2nd round and she gave up her seat for 2 of the kids and Ozzie. She's such a sweetheart. :x ;;)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 26th, 2009, 6:22 am

devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:How did your oldest get a tix with the Crazies when she isn't even a Duke fan? Bless her heart.
A friend of my wife's sold us 4 tix and they were right next to the Crazies. Joy had gone to the 1st round game and sat downstairs with her friend and 2 other people. I had the same 4 seats/tix for the 2nd round and she gave up her seat for 2 of the kids and Ozzie. She's such a sweetheart. :x ;;)
Yes she is. You are a lucky man, but, then you knew that. :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2009, 9:47 am

devildeac wrote:And here's the story:

2nd round, Eastern Regional about 4-5 years ago at the Pork Palace, err, RBC Center in Raleighwood and I've got 4 tix at about center court right next to the Crazies. This was the 1st year the ID folks decided to sell a couple hundred tix to the Crazies for their continued support to the team and not sell all the tix to the ID members. My 2 older children got 2 of the tix, and Ozzie, for his continued friendship and the fact he often invites me to accompany him to CIS (if I purchase his 2nd ticket, of course :D ), was agreeable to buying th 4th seat. We did just about every (well, it ended up being EVERY) cheer the Crazies did, and we were not bashful about it. Well, sometime during halftime, a couple older gents behind us commented just loud enough for Ozzie to hear (I was talking to my kids at the time), "so this is what a Cameron Crazy looks/acts like when they grow up." Ozzie's reply was the classic, "we never grow up." He shared that with me a moment or two later and we both laughed our arses off at their observation. I relayed that story to Lavabe and ILJ, I got the shirt with the front insignia only for my birthday or Christmas, and now, about 5 years later, there's the rest of the shirt/story.

Thanks again for the memories and the shirt. Classics.
And thanks to Devildeac for inviting me to this, and other games, over the years!

I'll never grow up. I'll never grow up. I'll never grow up...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2009, 9:48 am

devildeac wrote:
Yes, she is, without a doubt!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 27th, 2009, 12:58 pm

devildeac wrote:
Glad no one noticed the 1st smilie here :oops: :oops: . I didn't notice I had entered the "mad" one instead of the "laughing" one right next to it. So, the proper ones shoulda been: :lol: ;;) instead of :x ;;).
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 27th, 2009, 1:04 pm

devildeac wrote: Glad no one noticed the 1st smilie here :oops: :oops: . I didn't notice I had entered the "mad" one instead of the "laughing" one right next to it. So, the proper ones shoulda been: :lol: ;;) instead of :x ;;).
HA!! :D That's damn funny.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.