EWill is leaving Duke

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

EWill is leaving Duke

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 24th, 2009, 9:03 am

He's leaving to be closer to home. I believe one of his family members is sick, and honestly that's the only reason I can see for why he would leave Duke since he ended the year starting. Link here.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: EWill is leaving Duke

Post by DukieInKansas » June 24th, 2009, 9:11 am

I knew there were rumors this was going to happen. I hope his ill family member gets well.

Best of luck to E Will - he'll be missed.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 24th, 2009, 11:14 am

Oh, bummer. We'll miss you, E-Will. Best of luck.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » June 24th, 2009, 11:22 am

I guess we're a "Football" school now... :D
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 24th, 2009, 11:26 am

Wow! Can't imagine what he is going through. I wish you the best Elliot.
I worship the Blue Devil!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 24th, 2009, 2:16 pm

Ya gotta do, what'cha gotta do. Best of luck and all good wishes to him. I've really enjoyed watching him play. I really enjoyed debating Jumbo over my choosing him as MOTM in one game, even though he didn't have the high stats. In that game, he brought a top-notch degree of stability to the team and right afterward he was made a starter. He will be missed. B-)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 25th, 2009, 11:07 pm

This sucks. This really, really sucks for many reasons.

1. Above all, for Ewill and his family. What a sad story. He is absolutely doing the right thing. Why? Family first.
2. For the team. Two damn guards next year. Count 'em. Two. I thought three was going to be a bit thin in the backcourt. I fail to see/understand how this could happen at this level in the Duke program. Yes, this was unexpected, but K takes some blame here with his 3 year commitment to USA hoops and Duke, the book signings and subpar recruiting and player development during this time. Be nice if Marty had played more the last couple years, too. Think he mighta stayed for a 5th year and finished a double major or worked on his Master's?
3. For recruiting. Imagine the continued references to how many folks Duke has had to transfer over the last 5-10 years.
4. For the program. See #3. Hopefully, this will convince K to devote his entirety to his family and Duke for the next several years and take a much smaller role in USA hoops and certainly NOT commit to be the coach for 2012.

Expect to see Iron Nolan and Iron Jon next year with a huge back-up role at the 2 spot for Iron Kyle. Also, begin your prayers for no metatarsal fractures, mono or high ankle sprains. Wonder if MP1 and MP2 will be working on their ball handling and press breaking skills this summer. :roll:

Did I mention that this really sucks? :(

Discuss.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » June 25th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Absolutely the right move. I'll continue to follow Williams's career wherever he ends up playing.
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Post by dukediv2012 » June 29th, 2009, 9:40 am

I will probably be slammed for even mentioning this but... I have been looking on Blue Planet at the guy that earned a spot on the roster after being a manager for a year or so... Casey Peters is a 6'5'' guard with a lot of athleticism and a good looking jumper. Maybe I am just deliriously hopeful, but I think he may be able to spot a few minutes for Jon or Nolan throughout the game.

His game looks similar to Marty's... (At least I can hope.)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 29th, 2009, 11:21 am

dukediv2012 wrote:I will probably be slammed for even mentioning this but... I have been looking on Blue Planet at the guy that earned a spot on the roster after being a manager for a year or so... Casey Peters is a 6'5'' guard with a lot of athleticism and a good looking jumper. Maybe I am just deliriously hopeful, but I think he may be able to spot a few minutes for Jon or Nolan throughout the game.

His game looks similar to Marty's... (At least I can hope.)
1. I'd bet not much except in blow outs. When Nolan is not at the point, Jon will be there and when Jon is at the point, we'll see Kyle at the SG spot.
2. You mean he doesn't show much defensive prowess either? :roll: :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.