LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukeUsul » June 23rd, 2009, 10:09 pm

Blu-ray version of the Star Trek The Motion Picture Collection has arrived. B-day gift from my mom. It's the first six movies with the original crew. Fantastic extra disc with a roundtable discussion between Stewart, Frakes, Shatner and Nimoy, moderated by Whoopi.

Ricardo Montalban's pecs in high def really are divine. :D
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 23rd, 2009, 11:03 pm

I had 7 pages of LTE to catch up on. I'm not doing it. I'm starting fresh from this page. (134 I think)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 23rd, 2009, 11:13 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I had 7 pages of LTE to catch up on. I'm not doing it. I'm starting fresh from this page. (134 I think)
Wienie ;) . Think about how much PWing you could do responding to just 1/2 of those posts... :roll: :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 24th, 2009, 1:43 am

TillyGalore wrote:I just mowed my lawn. I love mowing my lawn. :D :D :D :D
Enjoy the feeling while it lasts. :)

I find I like the first mowing of the season, but when it's been raining solid for two weeks, the grass is kneehigh and there's a 2-hour window of dryness when you'd rather be doing anything else, mowing the lawn is a real PITA.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 24th, 2009, 5:17 am

DevilAlumna wrote:

I find I like the first mowing of the season, but when it's been raining solid for two weeks, the grass is kneehigh and there's a 2-hour window of dryness when you'd rather be doing anything else, mowing the lawn is a real PITA.
ILJ reported a week or so ago that our neighborhood's lawn police cited us for not having mowed the lawn. The truth is, we had arranged for the lawn to be mowed before they came, but the 4 or 5 day rain came, and delayed the mowers.

I hate the lawn police. :ymbringiton: :ymbringiton:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 24th, 2009, 7:37 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I had 7 pages of LTE to catch up on. I'm not doing it. I'm starting fresh from this page. (134 I think)
You're missing a great opportunity to practice The Devildeac Method (PWing by responding to bunches of posts in the thread and thereby padding your post count). I'm a firm believer. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 24th, 2009, 7:38 am

devildeac wrote:
Wienie ;) . Think about how much PWing you could do responding to just 1/2 of those posts... :roll: :))
Case in point... :D :-bd
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 24th, 2009, 7:40 am

DevilAlumna wrote:

The yard in my old house had a spot that wouldn't drain, so mowing it always meant wading through the mud. Ick.

Mowing the yard is one of those jobs that's nice because you can see what you've accomplished at the end, but you don't really have to think about what you're doing. Not so good for the allergies, though.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 24th, 2009, 8:01 am

Lavabe wrote: ILJ reported a week or so ago that our neighborhood's lawn police cited us for not having mowed the lawn. The truth is, we had arranged for the lawn to be mowed before they came, but the 4 or 5 day rain came, and delayed the mowers.

I hate the lawn police. :ymbringiton: :ymbringiton:
I hate that. It seems you should get a pass when it rains so many days in a row. It's not good for your mower or your lawn to be mowed when that wet. They should know that.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 24th, 2009, 9:25 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:

The yard in my old house had a spot that wouldn't drain, so mowing it always meant wading through the mud. Ick.

Mowing the yard is one of those jobs that's nice because you can see what you've accomplished at the end, but you don't really have to think about what you're doing. Not so good for the allergies, though.
I remember my sister have to pass on bike rides and other things because she needed to mow the lawn at her first house. It made me pick a condo. I don't mind mowing but there are other things I'd rather do. I still have space for planting so I'm happy. :)
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 24th, 2009, 11:17 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:

The worst thing about mowing is the timing of it. If you do it at the wrong time of day you can easily dehydrate. I mowed after 7pm last night as it was much cooler than 6pm.

Like you had ArkieDukie, I have a patch that doesn't drain well and I have to push through mud. :( I also have a lot of roots in the yard and hate the grinding noise when I mow over them. But, don't see another way around it.
I worship the Blue Devil!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 24th, 2009, 2:22 pm

If you want to do mine, I'm not gonna make ya stop.
I do mine.
My mother's.
My 94 year old next door neighbor's.
The acres at the fishing heaven in VA.
I sometimes think of myself as a grass farmer. Trouble is, THIS AIN'T THE CASH CROP! B-)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 24th, 2009, 2:31 pm

captmojo wrote:
If you want to do mine, I'm not gonna make ya stop.
I do mine.
My mother's.
My 94 year old next door neighbor's.
The acres at the fishing heaven in VA.
I sometimes think of myself as a grass farmer. Trouble is, THIS AIN'T THE CASH CROP! B-)
The reason I derive satisfaction from mowing my lawn is because it is MY lawn, I own it. :D :D :D I've never owned a lawn before. I've either lived with my parents, and mowed their lawn, or lived in an apartment in which case some else mowed the lawn.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 24th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Our lawn mower busted. I'm tempted to buy one of the manual ones with the cylindrical blades. I've had 'em before and used them. Great on gas.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » June 24th, 2009, 3:08 pm

I think the Governor of SC is a complete schmuck. Kiss the Presidency goodbye. Kiss the Governor's office goodbye. Kiss your family goodbye. Way to fuck it up completely.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 24th, 2009, 4:53 pm

I played golf today! I did not have to mow the lawn first, mine, which is 310 miles away, or the golf course's, which is10 miles away from the pool I am at now! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 24th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Sue71 wrote:I think the Governor of SC is a complete schmuck. Kiss the Presidency goodbye. Kiss the Governor's office goodbye. Kiss your family goodbye. Way to fuck it up completely.
OH NOOOO, not another indiscretion! I agree completely with you!!!! Just saw this on the news! What is happening to this world??? :-q :-q ~x( ~x( ~x( [-x [-x [-x :-? :-? :-? :( :(
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 24th, 2009, 5:09 pm

What happened this time? He isn't the one that just disappeared for several days, is he?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 24th, 2009, 5:31 pm

bjornolf wrote:What happened this time? He isn't the one that just disappeared for several days, is he?

%%-
YEP!!!! That is the ONE... cover story got revealed by big foot (BF) (HE DOES EXIST, UNCLE SAM BF IS EVERYWHERE) of Appalachian Trail loss..... guy's like this make it hard for the rest of US ..... X( X( X( X( X( X(
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 24th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Wow, Argentina. That's a long way to travel for an affair. Not a fan of that in ANY way, but you gotta be impressed by how far this guy was willing to go. Most high level politicos just have them brought to their office.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...