PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » September 30th, 2011, 8:24 pm

One post a day, keeps the doctor away?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 30th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Got home about an hour and a half ago. Ready to be home; not ready for vacation to be over.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 30th, 2011, 10:23 pm

Tito out in Boston. I wonder if they realize they haven't done much since I moved away?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 30th, 2011, 10:26 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Got home about an hour and a half ago. Ready to be home; not ready for vacation to be over.
I'm so happy we all got to be a part of your vacation. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 30th, 2011, 10:29 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:One post a day, keeps the doctor away?
Are you referring to devildeac? I don't think he got the memo. :D
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » September 30th, 2011, 11:55 pm

Sushi for dinner, yum. Mr. DA had started going to this little conveyor-belt joint for lunches on Friday, they came to know him, his order, and always gave him awesome, big cuts of fish (no waiting on the belt.) He changed jobs and can't do lunches there anymore, so we've started going on Friday evenings. They were so thrilled to meet his wife and daughter, now we all get great service and food. Gotta love local establishments. :D :ymapplause: :drool:
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » October 1st, 2011, 4:50 am

Out of the blue, I just got an itinerary my mom forwarded on--she's meeting us in CA for my cousin's wedding in Nov. My parents live in Asia, so all this time, I thought she wasn't going to make a special trip for the wedding. Great surprise. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Have to say, I'm pretty sure 2 cute grandkids were part of her travel calculus--not that she doesn't love my cousin and isn't great friends with my aunt.

BTW, I'll take any tips, tricks, and horror stories regarding flying with a toddler and infant. Fortunately, Austin to San Jose has a direct flight called the 'Nerd Bird' :-B :angelic-whiteflying:. I'm most apprehensive about wrestling 2 car seats through the airport.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 1st, 2011, 10:41 am

YmoBeThere wrote:One post a day, keeps the doctor away?
Not necessarily...

:))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 1st, 2011, 10:53 am

I'm placing a pork picnic on the grill this morning for one last bit of practice before next weekend's BBQ contest.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 1st, 2011, 12:15 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Tito out in Boston. I wonder if they realize they haven't done much since I moved away?
Well, then, thank you for moving! :D B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 1st, 2011, 1:27 pm

Blackberry internet was down on Verizon this morning. Now, I can PW. :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 1st, 2011, 4:54 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Got home about an hour and a half ago. Ready to be home; not ready for vacation to be over.
I'm so happy we all got to be a part of your vacation. :ymhug:
Thanks, VDB!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 1st, 2011, 4:56 pm

bluebutton wrote:Out of the blue, I just got an itinerary my mom forwarded on--she's meeting us in CA for my cousin's wedding in Nov. My parents live in Asia, so all this time, I thought she wasn't going to make a special trip for the wedding. Great surprise. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Have to say, I'm pretty sure 2 cute grandkids were part of her travel calculus--not that she doesn't love my cousin and isn't great friends with my aunt.

BTW, I'll take any tips, tricks, and horror stories regarding flying with a toddler and infant. Fortunately, Austin to San Jose has a direct flight called the 'Nerd Bird' :-B :angelic-whiteflying:. I'm most apprehensive about wrestling 2 car seats through the airport.
That's great! I'm so happy that your mom is coming to see you and the kids! Good luck with the two car seats - that will definitely be a challenge.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 2nd, 2011, 1:55 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
bluebutton wrote:Out of the blue, I just got an itinerary my mom forwarded on--she's meeting us in CA for my cousin's wedding in Nov. My parents live in Asia, so all this time, I thought she wasn't going to make a special trip for the wedding. Great surprise. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

That's great! I'm so happy that your mom is coming to see you and the kids! Good luck with the two car seats - that will definitely be a challenge.
Yeah - visits from Moms are the best. Out of curiosity, what part of Asia? I had the privilege of spending 7 childhood/teen years in Japan & Korea. I want a return visit.
Life is good!
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » October 3rd, 2011, 3:25 pm

DukieInKansas wrote: Yeah - visits from Moms are the best. Out of curiosity, what part of Asia? I had the privilege of spending 7 childhood/teen years in Japan & Korea. I want a return visit.
Oh wow--that sounds really interesting. Why did you spend that much time in the region? My husband's family is from Seattle but he spend 9 of his childhood/teen years in Islamabad. So I'm always interested in what gets ppl so far from "home".

My parents live in Taiwan, but my dad is an oceanographer and frequently travels around the area visiting other research institutions. But for all that travel, mom said he would also come to CA in Nov. (Dad got the job in Taiwan after he retired from 30 years at Old Dominion in VA.)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 3rd, 2011, 6:36 pm

We just bought a 3D TV today. Any advice on good 3D movies on blu-ray?

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 3rd, 2011, 7:09 pm

bjornolf wrote:We just bought a 3D TV today. Any advice on good 3D movies on blu-ray?

@};- @};-
Have fun with your new TV. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 3rd, 2011, 7:11 pm

That is so nice your your parents are going to me you there. :ymhug:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 3rd, 2011, 7:17 pm

My TVs are relatively old.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 3rd, 2011, 8:00 pm

bjornolf wrote:We just bought a 3D TV today. Any advice on good 3D movies on blu-ray?

@};- @};-
I'll second that - I, too, recently purchased a Samsung 3D TV and Blu-Ray player. What brand did you purchase?
-- Albert Einstein