Tulane @ Duke. 3:30PM KO. Menu & Attendance.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Tulane @ Duke. 3:30PM KO. Menu & Attendance.

Post by TNTDevil » September 20th, 2011, 12:59 pm

Alrighty then, better lucky than good but, a win is a win! Time for the Devils to start a streak! Next up, squarely in our sights, is Tulane and, a luxurious 3:30PM kick-off! That gives us plenty o' time to cook up some great eats!

Let's get this streak and thread rolling!

TNTDevil (+8)
Cinnamon-Swirl Raisin Nut Bread;
Cheddar-Beer spread w/crackers;
Wings;
Boneless Prime Rib Roast, slow smoked over maple;
My Baked Beans;
Bacon Ranch Potato salad;
Giant Coconut Cake;
Super Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies;

CB&B (+2?)
Whole Turkey, slow smoked over ashes of black uniforms;
Grilled veggies;
Variety of beer.

DukePA (+1):
Mimosas;
Her specialty- chips & salsa!

Ozzie (+1):
Mrs. Ozzie :D and... NO COSTCOS?!? (I'm sorry but, first no Bud Lights. Now, no Costcos!?! Whatever alien civilization captured our Ozzie- we want him back!

ArkieDukie:
Pleasant demeanor and a passion for Duke Sports.

CathyCA (+4):

D-squared (+5):
7-Layer & spinach salads.

CheerMom (+8):
Veggie platter;
Fruit platter;
$.

shereec (+Un):
Butterscotch Oatmeal cookies;
$.

DofN (+2)
Beers;
$.

LawGrad (+1):
Lack of industriousness; ;)
$

D2N (+1):
Rum cake;
Japanese Fruit pie.

DPS (+1):
Some sweet malt beverages;
Plenty o' kaysh! WOOO-HOOO!

CheerDevil (+3):
Chocolate cookies.

AW:
Beers;
Water;
Sweet, sweet kaysh! ;)

VDB:
Her sweet disposition!

Total Attendance (22-September)= 54

Menu Overview:
Appetizers: Cinnamon-Swirl Raisin Nut Bread, Cheddar Beer spread w/crackers, chips & salsa, Grilled Wings;
Main course(s): Maple Roasted Prime Rib; Smoked Turkeys;
Sides (Starch): Baked Beans, Bacon Ranch Potato Salad;
Sides (Veggie): 7-Layer salad, spinach salad, "invisible" grilled veggies, fruit & veggie platters;
Bread: Honey Whole Wheat rolls;
Desserts: Giant Coconut cake, Super Nutty Peanut Butter cookies, Butterscotch oatmeal cookies, rum cake, Japanese Fruit pie;
Beverages: Beers
Last edited by TNTDevil on September 24th, 2011, 12:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Final update 23-Sept.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
TNTDevil

Re: Tulane @ Duke. 3:30PM KO. Menu & Attendance.

Post by TNTDevil » September 20th, 2011, 1:01 pm

To get the most out of your TBCC experience, you should aim to arrive early. There's plenty to see & do. Music rockin', football games on the teevee, etc.

I also have another request- Only post item(s) you're bringing to share, please. If you're just bringing beverages for you and your party then there's no need to post that in this thread.

Also, we love that more folks are leaving behind the "soulless food" and choosing to donate to the TBCC. That will enable us to keep improving the fare we offer. But, we need to be sure we're bringing/preparing enough food for all whom attend. So, if it's your intention to just donate $, please make your intentions (and the number in your party) known as soon as possible.

If you have a lot of stuff to transport- sing out, and we'll get you hooked up with a drop-off pass (or someone who has one) so you don't have to carry everything a great distance.

When you arrive, if you're not sure what to do/where to go, don't hesitate to call upon any and all of the following characters:
  • CB&B- a.k.a. Chris. Tall, goofy/hippie-looking, commonly spotted with either camera, Cat In The Hat hat, or both;
  • TNTDevil- a.k.a. Tim- fat, bald and, usually in poor spirit, yet full of spirits;
  • DukePA- a.k.a. Donna. You'll know her by her smile and mimosas, and;
  • CowboyDevil- a.k.a Ronnie. You can recognize him by the sleep still in his eyes and cereal in his goatee;
  • Ozzie, a.k.a. Larry. Duke dignitary in the 9F shirt.
Anyone of us will help you get sorted out by directing to where to put your food offerings and/or coolers, and where the best seating area(s) is/are located. We’re doing this so that the foods will be grouped correctly (desserts w/desserts, etc.) and so that we have less congestion in and around the grills and prep areas. This also provides us with a better “flow” once the feeding frenzy begins.

Some items to keep in mind:
  • Please, please, please- do not stop by Bojangles or the Supermarket Deli because you feel obligated to bring something (unless it’s an item that you plan to totally consume ;)! (No offense intended towards Boj or Delis, hell we like Boj, just not at our tailgates.) This does not apply to: a)true Brunch-gates (KOs prior to 3:30p) where bagels, etc are cool or, b)"Specialty Items" (i.e renowned cakes/pies/entrees from local eateries) or, veggie trays.
  • If your social mores prevent you from attending without bringing something, and you don’t (or don't want to) cook, bring booze (of any sort) or, soft-drinks (booze is better) or, water (1 gal. jugs preferred to individual water bottles, it’s a recycling thing) or, booze or, *quality* picnic-ware, or, booze. :D
  • Make sure your cooler and camp chairs have your name and/or identifying marks (especially your chair as they all tend to look alike).
  • If you want to make sure your chair doesn’t get taken (accidentally) by someone else while in the game, fold it up and drop it over by my Sienna.
  • Please avoid invading other folk’s coolers, unless you have the owner's permission, it's just common courtesy. While some coolers are for sharing, not every cooler’s contents are for public consumption and/or storage.
  • We have an orange Igloo cooler marked "ICE". This is ice for your drinks; there is a cup in it which you can scoop the clean ice that is inside. This ice will be much more trustworthy than the ice in the cooler next to this one..it is guaranteed to be clean and booger free.
  • If you're bringing kid(s), please try to control their consumption of our sweets. They have a tendency to totally consume them before the main courses are served.
  • If you brought a food item(s) then, before you go into the stadium, check the status. If it’s only partially consumed then move it to the “consolidation table” where we send the beggars and thieves. If it’s totally gone or, you’re unsure about its safety, throw it out and secure the container.
  • Lastly, unless your Mom came with you to the game (and is willing to clean up after you) then police your own area and actions! Bottle tops, used plates, napkins and paper towels etc. go in the trash. Plastic cups, bottles, cans and plastic cutlery can go in the recycling, not left sitting on a table!
I'll now apologize if this seems a bit preachy or over-bearing. The items above are offered to optimize everyone's tailgate experience and, have been distilled from years of tailgating adventures.

Our main focus is to cut down on waste- food, time & matériel. The majority of our clean/pack-up time is spent cleaning up after others and/or discarding (or giving away) the leftover food (mostly the store bought stuff). So, please, help us out by being courteous of our time!

Peace,
TNT
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 20th, 2011, 1:41 pm

I'll be there early and Mrs. Ozzie will make a brief appearance. We'll also be attending the Phi Kappa Psi hospitality tent after the Blue Devil Walk. I'll bring some frosty beverages and drop some money in the jar. No hot dogs this week - I'm too partial to prime rib! Make mine medium rare please!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 20th, 2011, 2:44 pm

At this point, it'll be DukePA + one, mimosa fixings, tortilla chips and good quality salsa. Go DUKE!!!!!!!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 20th, 2011, 3:06 pm

Moi, plus 4 personnes

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 20th, 2011, 5:02 pm

One person: me, myself, and I. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
allen

Post by allen » September 20th, 2011, 7:12 pm

I won't be attending Duke football this Saturday. It is my 22nd wedding anniversary, and I would like to have a 23rd. wolfpackdevil and dtraindan will be attending the game. If they stop by the tailgate I'll send some $$ for them to put in the jar.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 20th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Mrs. DD, CLD, dukediv2011/12/13 and I will be attending. We will bring a large 7 Layer Salad. It will be far superior than the K&W version. =p~
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » September 21st, 2011, 12:41 am

We will have a crowd this week - cheermom, cheerbrother, cheergrandparents (first time seeing their granddaughter cheer), 2 friends and 3 freshmen. I will bring fruit and veggies and if I have time I may bake some cookies. We will also put lots of money in the jar :)
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » September 21st, 2011, 6:00 am

shereec +1 (my French coworker who is a huge Duke fan). Butterscotch oatmeal cookies and $.
Duke of Nashville
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by Duke of Nashville » September 21st, 2011, 9:44 am

Duke of Nashville (+2)

Ok, so it will be my father, sister and I for this Saturday. My father was part of the class of '73 and my sister attended briefly during Katrina prior to her graduating from Tulane. So we might have a Pelican or Green Wave (whatever they are now) to pick fun at. We have always enjoyed coming to the games and watching y'all have fun in Devil's Alley. Thanks TNTDevil for the TBCC crash course and we will try not to mess up the mojo.

We will be traveling from Nashville, TN so I am trying to figure out what to bring. Definitely Beer, $$ and our Duke Gear!
Go Duke!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 21st, 2011, 11:27 am

TNTDevil wrote: Ozzie (+1):
Mrs. Ozzie :D and... NO COSTCOS! (I'm sorry but first no Bud Lights. Now, no Costcos!?! Whatever alien civilization captured our Ozzie- we want him back!
The aliens have rehabeeritated Ozzie and he has gone to the dark (beer) side. No more lite beer for him. I'll bet he returns to Costco form next tailgate once his reunion responsibilites have been completed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 21st, 2011, 9:12 pm

Lawgrad, party of 2. I expect we'll bring more dead Presidents, unless i get really industrious and bake cookies. :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
duke2narow

Post by duke2narow » September 22nd, 2011, 9:50 am

Jeanne and I will be there, bringing Rum Cake and Japanese Fruit Pie

Lizz
Dog Adoption is my specialty
http://www.bfpa.org
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » September 22nd, 2011, 1:13 pm

The White Squad (primarily freshmen) will be cheering for the first time at the Tulane game. I sent an email to their parents and invited them to drop by our tailgate if they are coming to the game. I suggested they donate $10 per person and bring drinks. So far two parents have said they are coming.

Menu coordinators - Do we need them to bring food as well?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 22nd, 2011, 1:49 pm

Cheermom wrote:Menu coordinators - Do we need them to bring food as well?
They are more than welcome to bring food if they wish (as long as it not store bought), but it is of course not a requirement.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » September 22nd, 2011, 10:35 pm

Tom and I will be there by noon (if not earlier). Bringing beer and bucks. I think I'll bring Victory Moonglow (a weizenbock) and maybe a milk stout.

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 22nd, 2011, 10:39 pm

dpslaw wrote:Tom and I will be there by noon (if not earlier). Bringing beer and bucks. I think I'll bring Victory Moonglow (a weizenbock) and maybe a milk stout.

Moonglow is excellent. Any milk stout sounds tasty.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 22nd, 2011, 10:41 pm

Add two more folks to our roster making a total of six, or sox or sux or sax or sex, depending on your answer to Ozzie's quiz :D . We will add a fancy spinach salad to our already-promised 7 Layer Salad.
CheerDevil

Post by CheerDevil » September 23rd, 2011, 6:43 am

1 - just me this weekend. I will be bringing chocolate cookies. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!