LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » September 14th, 2011, 7:00 pm

First time in a while that I didn't spend 12 hours at work. Feels good to be home in time for dinner. Of course, I prep it for myself, so I'm always home in time for dinner.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 14th, 2011, 9:15 pm

I got a subpoena for court served on me today. It's for a jury trial on a driving on a suspended license case in October. I prosecuted defendant (who is representing himself, and frankly is mental) in lower court, where he received a minimal sentence. When defendant subpoenaed PHB, PHB requested the court appoint a substitute CA, which the court did.

Defendant has subpoenaed four of the five attorneys in our office, plus one victim-witness coordinator and one secretary. I told the victim-witness coordinator, who is absolutely freaked out, that we would bring DVD's and popcorn to the witness room, and throw a party. The county can't make us work, and they have to pay us without docking our sick leave or vacation. :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 14th, 2011, 9:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I got a subpoena for court served on me today. It's for a jury trial on a driving on a suspended license case in October. I prosecuted defendant (who is representing himself, and frankly is mental) in lower court, where he received a minimal sentence. When defendant subpoenaed PHB, PHB requested the court appoint a substitute CA, which the court did.

Defendant has subpoenaed four of the five attorneys in our office, plus one victim-witness coordinator and one secretary. I told the victim-witness coordinator, who is absolutely freaked out, that we would bring DVD's and popcorn to the witness room, and throw a party. The county can't make us work, and they have to pay us without docking our sick leave or vacation. :happy-bouncyblue:
Is this the guy with one leg?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 14th, 2011, 9:58 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I got a subpoena for court served on me today. It's for a jury trial on a driving on a suspended license case in October. I prosecuted defendant (who is representing himself, and frankly is mental) in lower court, where he received a minimal sentence. When defendant subpoenaed PHB, PHB requested the court appoint a substitute CA, which the court did.

No, this is a guy with half a brain.

The one-legged guy is a victim in a case I had a bond hearing on this week. Another local thug broke into his house and stole his Wii. First his leg, then his Wii; he's having a tough decade.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2011, 11:37 pm

I think that sounds like fun!

What movies are you all going to watch?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 15th, 2011, 12:47 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

No, this is a guy with half a brain.

The one-legged guy is a victim in a case I had a bond hearing on this week. Another local thug broke into his house and stole his Wii. First his leg, then his Wii; he's having a tough decade.
Better he lost his Wii than his wee! ;) Better for him, anyway. :))

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 15th, 2011, 6:26 am

www.AmericanJobsAct.com

This is the website for the Obama plan. I am reading through it.

Per Wral, The NCAA investigation team is still in Chapel Hill. aahhh! :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 15th, 2011, 9:37 am

CathyCA wrote:

Good question! There's a redbox down the road at the Walgreen's. We'll have to schedule some comedy in advance. I don't know how old school my colleagues would like to go; I have "Blazing Saddles," "Animal House," and "Airplane!" at the house.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » September 15th, 2011, 5:43 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: Good question! There's a redbox down the road at the Walgreen's. We'll have to schedule some comedy in advance. I don't know how old school my colleagues would like to go; I have "Blazing Saddles," "Animal House," and "Airplane!" at the house.
What, no "12 Angry Men," or "To Kill a Mockingbird"? "A Few Good Men"? ;)

Actually, I like your list better. (Though I'd throw in "Bull Durham" just for some good quotes too.)
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 15th, 2011, 8:06 pm

What about Shawshank Redemption or some prison themed movies?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 15th, 2011, 9:10 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:What about Shawshank Redemption or some prison themed movies?
Con Air?

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 15th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Not nearly enough smilies used on this page! :D B-) :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :ymdevil:

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 15th, 2011, 10:23 pm

Man, some great movies ideas here. :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 15th, 2011, 10:31 pm

How about "Legally Blonde"?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2011, 10:43 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Good question! There's a redbox down the road at the Walgreen's. We'll have to schedule some comedy in advance. I don't know how old school my colleagues would like to go; I have "Blazing Saddles," "Animal House," and "Airplane!" at the house.
Escape From Alcatraz

:D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » September 15th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Any of the Grisham movies: The Firm, The Client, Pelican Brief, etc...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 16th, 2011, 11:07 am

It feels like Fall today, after the rain last night.

I watched Legally Blonde last week on TV, as there was nothing else on. But it is still a cute movie.

Shawshank......... one of the best ever!!! Love Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins... awesome actors! Better get busy living, or get busy dying.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » September 16th, 2011, 12:59 pm

I love how it feels outside today. I just ate grits. I need sales. The weekend is here. Yay.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 17th, 2011, 9:20 am

I'm working my way throught "Learning Perl" (The Llama, for those in the know) and have actually been able to write working scripts! I just finished chapter 3. There are 17 chapters in the book. Baby steps.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 17th, 2011, 10:23 am

Oh, WTH, let's make it an even 29000 here. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.