#7 Stanford @ Duke. 3:30 KO. Menu & Attendance.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

#7 Stanford @ Duke. 3:30 KO. Menu & Attendance.

Post by TNTDevil » September 5th, 2011, 11:28 pm

Okay, here's the thread for Round Two. (Thread is loaded with heavy vibes for the team to deliver great things.)

This will be another test lab for the TBCC so we're gonna' present you folks with some pjork ribs and some yard bird (in several disguises).

I also have another request- Only post item(s) you're bringing to share, please. If you're just bringing beverages for you and your party then there's no need to post that in this thread.

Also, we love that more folks are leaving behind the "soulless food" and choosing to donate to the TBCC. That will enable us to keep improving the fare we offer. But, we need to be sure we're bringing/preparing enough food for all whom attend. So, if it's your intention to just donate $, please make your intentions (and the number in your party) known as soon as possible.

The target for serving is between 1:30 and 2:00p

TNTDevil (+4?):
Sour cream coffee cake
Bruschetta w/Italian Bread
Cheddar Beer Spread
Smoked Chicken Thighs- sauced in various ways (BBQ, Bacon/Lemon/Garlic/White BBQ);
Wings- Hot, Bacon/Lemon/Garlic;
Smoked pjork ribs;
Baked Beans;
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad;
Grilled Italian garlic bread;
Key Lime Bars;
Coconut-Lime Sorbet;
Reese's PB Cheesecake.

CB&B (+1?):
Smoked pjork ribs;
Smoked chicken thighs (TNT is doing half the ribs/thighs, CB&B will be doing the other half. A little sporting competition between the 'Cue Crew. Voting welcome and encouraged..we are looking to be at our best for our October cookoff.)
Grilled veggies;
Beers of different flavors;

Bob Green (+3):

Ozzie (+7):
Hot dog buns;
Brews to share.

DukePA (+4)
Grilled Pina Coladas;
Mimosa fixin's.
Other food (?)

VDB (+6):
$

LawGrad (+1):
$

AM & WPD (+2):
"...a big old pan of jambalaya with andouille suasage (sic) and chicken (and maybe shrimp...).

DD (+3):
A "BAS" (Big Ass Salad) w/TBD ingredients. ;)
Beverages in assortment.
Excellent manners, organizational skillz and love for teh Environment! HUZZAH!

CathyCA (+4):
$

Shereec (+3)
Fruit tray;
Bottled water to share.

DPSLaw (+2?)
$ and beers, lots-n-lots of beers.

CheerMom (+3?)
Sausages & buns;
veggie platter.

Mr. CheerDevil (+2)
Brownies;
Beer, soda, water.

AW:
$
Beer, sodas,ice.

Total attendance- (9-Sept.)=61

Menu overview:
Appetizers: Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Cheddar-Beer spread w/crackers, Bruschetta w/Italian bread, Wings- Hot, BL&G;
Main courses: "Big old pot of jambalaya" , Smoked chicken thighs- (BBQ, White BBQ, BL&G, etc.), Baby-back ribs, hot dogs; Chicken sausages;
Sides: Baked Beans, Bacon Ranch Potato salad, Grilled Veggies, Field green salad
Breads: Italian bread, Italian garlic bread, Hot dog/sausage buns
Desserts: Grilled Pina Coladas, Coconut-Lime Sorbet; Key Lime bars, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake; Brownies
Last edited by TNTDevil on September 9th, 2011, 10:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Update attendance and menu.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
TNTDevil

Re: #7 Stanford @ Duke. 3:30 KO. Menu & Attendance.

Post by TNTDevil » September 5th, 2011, 11:33 pm

To get the most out of your TBCC experience, you should aim to arrive early. There's plenty to see & do. Music rockin', football games on teh teevee, etc. This is, again, true this weekend, as Duke's game is a 3:30pm National TeeVee game.

If you have a lot of stuff to transport- sing out, and we'll get you hooked up with a drop-off pass (or someone who has one) so you don't have to carry everything a great distance.

When you arrive, if you're not sure what to do/where to go, don't hesitate to call upon any and all of the following characters:
  • CB&B- a.k.a. Chris. Tall, goofy/hippie-looking, commonly spotted with either camera, Cat In The Hat hat, or both;
  • TNTDevil- a.k.a. Tim- fat, bald and, usually in poor spirit, yet full of spirits;
  • DukePA- a.k.a. Donna. You'll know her by her smile and mimosas, and;
  • CowboyDevil- a.k.a Ronnie. You can recognize him by the sleep still in his eyes and cereal in his goatee;
  • Ozzie, a.k.a. Larry. Duke dignitary in the 9F shirt.
Anyone of us will help you get sorted out by directing to where to put your food offerings and/or coolers, and where the best seating area(s) is/are located. We’re doing this so that the foods will be grouped correctly (desserts w/desserts, etc.) and so that we have less congestion in and around the grills and prep areas. This also provides us with a better “flow” once the feeding frenzy begins.

Some items to keep in mind:
  • Please, please, please- do not stop by Bojangles or the Supermarket Deli because you feel obligated to bring something (unless it’s item that you plan to totally consume ;)! (No offense intended towards Boj or Delis, hell we like Boj, just not at our tailgates.) This does not apply to: a)true Brunch-gates (KOs prior to 3:30p) where bagels, etc are cool or, b)"Specialty Items" (i.e renowned cakes/pies/entrees from local eateries) or, veggie trays.
  • If your social mores prevent you from attending without bringing something, and you don’t (or don't want to) cook, bring booze (of any sort) or, soft-drinks (booze is better) or, water (1 gal. jugs preferred to individual water bottles, it’s a recycling thing) or, booze or, *quality* picnic-ware, or, booze. :D
  • Make sure your cooler and camp chairs have your name and/or identifying marks (especially your chair as they all tend to look alike).
  • If you want to make sure your chair doesn’t get taken (accidentally) by someone else while in the game, fold it up and drop it over by my Sienna.
  • Please avoid invading other folk’s coolers, unless you have the owner's permission, it's just common courtesy. While some coolers are for sharing, not every cooler’s contents are for public consumption and/or storage.
  • We have an orange Igloo cooler marked "ICE". This is ice for your drinks; there is a cup in it which you can scoop the clean ice that is inside. This ice will be much more trustworthy than the ice in the cooler next to this one..it is guaranteed to be clean and booger free.
  • If you're bringing kid(s), please try to control their consumption of our sweets. They have a tendency to totally consume them before the main courses are served.
  • If you brought a food item(s) then, before you go into the stadium, check the status. If it’s only partially consumed then move it to the “consolidation table” where we send the beggars and thieves. If it’s totally gone or, you’re unsure about its safety, throw it out and secure the container.
  • Lastly, unless your Mom came with you to the game (and is willing to clean up after you) then police your own area and actions! Bottle tops, used plates, napkins and paper towels etc. go in the trash. Plastic cups, bottles, cans and plastic cutlery can go in the recycling, not left sitting on a table!
I'll now apologize if this seems a bit preachy or over-bearing. The items above are offered to optimize everyone's tailgate experience and, have been distilled from years of tailgating adventures.

Our main focus is to cut down on waste- food, time & matériel. The majority of our clean/pack-up time is spent cleaning up after others and/or discarding (or giving away) the leftover food (mostly the store bought stuff). So, please, help us out by being courteous of our time!

Peace,
TNT
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » September 6th, 2011, 11:11 am

I'll be attending with my dad, brother and nephew for 4 total. We will bring beer. I'll refrain from bringing Miller High Life or Pabst Blue Ribbon and instead provide some quality brown ale. Perhaps Newcastle Brown Ale or Bass Ale, but it will depend upon what is available at the store. The plan is to arrive around 11 or 1130.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 6th, 2011, 11:24 am

Just me, unless you count Dennard's crew of 6 as my guests! I'll bring more Spaten Octoberfest, along with the beer that dpslaw gave me Saturday night, and an extra case of beer for KDog and crew. And more buns for the Costco dogs that TNT has from last week. Did the jar of kraut survive too? I'll guess not and buy another one.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 6th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Christian Laettner posted to Larry Osborne
larry---thx for the invite---not sure i will make it if dennard is there!!
:)
=))

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 6th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Mimosas and my 'cue cook off dessert, Grilled Pina Coladas :D :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 6th, 2011, 9:55 pm

It will be me, Bud, Max, Mark and Dawn. I don't think I will make anything for Sat. so I will contribute money. Dawn might bring something. GO DUKE!!!!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 6th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Oh yeah, and 7 guests who will bring money or good food.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2011, 9:34 am

The lawgrads will be there for TBCC. I'm not sure what all else is going on this weekend in our little corner of the world, so I won't commit to bringing anything but dead Presidents. I anticipate bringing some liquid refreshment, preferably in glass bottles requiring a church key, as well.
Iron Duke #1471997.
allen

Post by allen » September 7th, 2011, 6:58 pm

allen, wolfpackdevil, +2

I'm bringing a big old pan of jambalaya with andouille suasage and chicken (and maybe shrimp, but I'm having a hard time finding any decent shrimp these days)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2011, 8:46 pm

The devildeacs total will be 4 and we will bring mixed field greens with feta, strawberries (or blueberries or raspberries), nuts (might be almonds, might be walnuts or might be pee-cans), craisins with a balsalmic vinagrette dressing. Plan to arrive about 1230PM. Will have our own bottled water, soft drinks and a couple fine ales. And we will re-cycle our own stuff (as we always do), either in Duke's containers or at home.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 7th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Cathy + entourage of 4
I will donate $.
We will bring our own bottled water and soft drinks, plus a few extras to share.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » September 8th, 2011, 5:51 am

shereec +1, fruit tray and some bottled water to share.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » September 8th, 2011, 3:18 pm

dpslaw + 1 (or 2). Bringing bucks and beer. In addition to the remaining Anchor Bock and Anchor Summer from last week, I'll bring some Anchor Humming Beer and maybe a pumpkin ale. (DD, any suggestions?)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2011, 4:39 pm

dpslaw wrote:dpslaw + 1 (or 2). Bringing bucks and beer. In addition to the remaining Anchor Bock and Anchor Summer from last week, I'll bring some Anchor Humming Beer and maybe a pumpkin ale. (DD, any suggestions?)
Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale or Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale.

Dang. I hope there is and Anchor Bock and Summer left as I have never had either. The Humming Beer sounds interesting, too. I'm gonna go by Total Wine tomorrow and pick up a couple 6ers for trading and personal consumption purposes.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 8th, 2011, 6:04 pm

So now it's me, Stevo, and 3 guests :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 8th, 2011, 9:26 pm

devildeac wrote:
dpslaw wrote:dpslaw + 1 (or 2). Bringing bucks and beer. In addition to the remaining Anchor Bock and Anchor Summer from last week, I'll bring some Anchor Humming Beer and maybe a pumpkin ale. (DD, any suggestions?)

Dang. I hope there is and Anchor Bock and Summer left as I have never had either. The Humming Beer sounds interesting, too. I'm gonna go by Total Wine tomorrow and pick up a couple 6ers for trading and personal consumption purposes.
I believe he put one of each in my cooler for safe keeping for Saturday. B-)

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2011, 9:37 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:

I believe he put one of each in my cooler for safe keeping for Saturday. B-)
^:)^ ^:)^
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 8th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:It will be me, Bud, Max, Mark and Dawn. I don't think I will make anything for Sat. so I will contribute money. Dawn might bring something. GO DUKE!!!!
Donna and Adam are coming back Sat. I think Donna is bringing our Henry. Thank makes 7 of us. Of course, I'm not counting 3 mo. old Henry. :ymhug:
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » September 9th, 2011, 1:48 am

Cheermom and Cheerdad will definitely be there. We may have two additional guests. TNT will bring back the sausages we brought last week that were not eaten and we will bring fresh buns and a veggie platter. If our guests end up coming we will put some $ in the jar.