Contract Work?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: Contract Work?

Post by DukieInKansas » June 22nd, 2009, 12:50 pm

EJ - so sorry to hear about this. Sending vibes that something even better pops up on the horizon.
Life is good!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » June 22nd, 2009, 5:39 pm

Picture this: I"m hitting myself on the head and no, it's not because I could have had a V8 (of course I'm having a Corona LIght), but we need to start our writers' group and start writing, EJ. No time like the present for the unemployed 8-) . I'm going to give myself daily writing time and get back to that novel that has been sitting on a floppy disc since 2003 :ymblushing: Let the lies and ridiculous exageration begin :D !
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » June 22nd, 2009, 7:22 pm

DukePA wrote:Picture this: I"m hitting myself on the head and no, it's not because I could have had a V8 (of course I'm having a Corona LIght), but we need to start our writers' group and start writing, EJ. No time like the present for the unemployed 8-) . I'm going to give myself daily writing time and get back to that novel that has been sitting on a floppy disc since 2003 :ymblushing: Let the lies and ridiculous exageration begin :D !
DukePA and EJ - still sending vibes and prayers your way from VA! :ympray:
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » June 22nd, 2009, 10:43 pm

DukePA wrote:Picture this: I"m hitting myself on the head and no, it's not because I could have had a V8 (of course I'm having a Corona LIght), but we need to start our writers' group and start writing, EJ. No time like the present for the unemployed 8-) . I'm going to give myself daily writing time and get back to that novel that has been sitting on a floppy disc since 2003 :ymblushing: Let the lies and ridiculous exageration begin :D !

Yes, yes, and YES! Hey, getting laid off but what a great ride. I always wanted to work at The Weather Channel and I did it for 1.5 years. I came from Public Relations and Marketing so this was a whole new experience and NO regrets!

Let's start on this club. More on this later!

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 23rd, 2009, 3:42 pm

Sorry to hear about the layoff. But things might be changing - my brother works in advertising and says that he has noticed lately that companies are starting to spend, and spend more, on advertising than they have been over the last few months so hopefully your situation will be temporary. Anecdotal I know, but still.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 20th, 2009, 8:50 am

Just curious to know how things are going. How's post lay-off life?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 20th, 2009, 6:20 pm

Definitely. How is it? My brother with whom I just made contact was laid off from his job as an IT manager recently and is job hunting too.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage