LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2011, 9:27 am

I'm filling out a few job applications and trying to decide what else to do this weekend.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 3rd, 2011, 9:40 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm filling out a few job applications and trying to decide what else to do this weekend.
Beer of the Day - Spaten Oktoberfest :D

Come on down. I've got a case in the 'fridge out on the deck, cooling down right now.
:D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 3rd, 2011, 11:58 am

captmojo wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm filling out a few job applications and trying to decide what else to do this weekend.

Come on down. I've got a case in the 'fridge out on the deck, cooling down right now.
You could always get an Imo's pizza... :|
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2011, 12:37 pm

Lavabe wrote:
captmojo wrote:

You could always get an Imo's pizza... :|
Or a Great Pumpkin concrete. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » September 3rd, 2011, 7:43 pm

Folks are quiet today.... Who would have expected quarter 1 to be such a defensive battle?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 3rd, 2011, 8:12 pm

I've been asleep on my basement couch trying to escape the 100F heat here in Cincy.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 4th, 2011, 12:06 am

Bummed out over the game. Feel bad for Coach Cut, staff, football team, Cheerleaders, Parents, and all the FAns that attended the game. Good attendance and proud of everyone that stayed the entire game. Its going to be a long long football season.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 4th, 2011, 5:55 am

This isn't the first time we've lost to Richmond to open the season. Is it too early to be throwing in the towel?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 4th, 2011, 3:08 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Folks are quiet today.... Who would have expected quarter 1 to be such a defensive battle?
The play calling was ABYSMAL. Same as last year. The OC must go, as I assume he's the one calling the plays.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 4th, 2011, 5:22 pm

I found my parking passes. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: They were exactly where I put them, in the compartment in the door of the drivers seat. They were hugging tight to the side and I couldn't feel or see them Sat. I'm happy. I felt them today. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 4th, 2011, 5:38 pm

The next 2 weeks will be a crazy. Donna, Henry, Adam and I are going down East. Adam, Henry and Donna are going first to Wilmington on Tuesday to see Jake and a friend of Donna's. I am going to Kenansville later in the day and will visit with a friend. When the kids get back to Kenansville, they will see some friends, then we go to see Dawn, Mark and Max so they can met Henry. Then, off to Emerald Ilse to DukePa's. I will stay until Tuesday and keep Henry so Donna can have some beach time. The kids will leave Friday. Saturday, brunchgate and football. Sunday, I leave for Texas, 6:15 Am flight time, to visit with my cousin and will be gone 11 days. We are going to Austin, San Antonia, Houston and who knows what else. Donna and Henry leave :( Monday to go back home. As I said, crazy!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 4th, 2011, 11:30 pm

Are you sure you didn't mean "crazie"?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 5th, 2011, 8:28 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Folks are quiet today.... Who would have expected quarter 1 to be such a defensive battle?
The play calling was ABYSMAL. Same as last year. The OC must go, as I assume he's the one calling the plays.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see the game. In what way was it abysmal?

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 5th, 2011, 9:37 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Are you sure you didn't mean "crazie"?
You got me!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 5th, 2011, 9:37 am

After watching the game on ESPN3 (on my computer) on Saturday, I'm very seriously thinking of purchasing a new smart TV. While I'm at it, I'm looking at a 3D TV. Go big or go home, right? BestBuy has a deal on a Samsung 40" TV, and they'll throw in free 3D glasses and a free Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player. Anyone have any experience with these products? Reviews look good.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 5th, 2011, 10:34 am

ArkieDukie wrote:After watching the game on ESPN3 (on my computer) on Saturday, I'm very seriously thinking of purchasing a new smart TV. While I'm at it, I'm looking at a 3D TV. Go big or go home, right? BestBuy has a deal on a Samsung 40" TV, and they'll throw in free 3D glasses and a free Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player. Anyone have any experience with these products? Reviews look good.
I don't have one, but I'd buy it at Costco (or Sam's Club) if I were going to buy one. Both for the price and the better return policy and warranty support if needed. Costco gives you the second year free, and is now offering 3 more years very reasonably (I saw the sign under the TV's when I walked by them last week, but didn't read the details).
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 5th, 2011, 11:32 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:After watching the game on ESPN3 (on my computer) on Saturday, I'm very seriously thinking of purchasing a new smart TV. While I'm at it, I'm looking at a 3D TV. Go big or go home, right? BestBuy has a deal on a Samsung 40" TV, and they'll throw in free 3D glasses and a free Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player. Anyone have any experience with these products? Reviews look good.
I don't have one, but I'd buy it at Costco (or Sam's Club) if I were going to buy one. Both for the price and the better return policy and warranty support if needed. Costco gives you the second year free, and is now offering 3 more years very reasonably (I saw the sign under the TV's when I walked by them last week, but didn't read the details).
Thanks for the tip, Ozzie. I'll look into that. There's a Costco in South County and a Sam's Club that's only slightly farther from me than BestBuy.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 5th, 2011, 11:36 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I found my parking passes. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: They were exactly where I put them, in the compartment in the door of the drivers seat. They were hugging tight to the side and I couldn't feel or see them Sat. I'm happy. I felt them today. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
YAY!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 5th, 2011, 11:38 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:The next 2 weeks will be a crazy. Donna, Henry, Adam and I are going down East. Adam, Henry and Donna are going first to Wilmington on Tuesday to see Jake and a friend of Donna's. I am going to Kenansville later in the day and will visit with a friend. When the kids get back to Kenansville, they will see some friends, then we go to see Dawn, Mark and Max so they can met Henry. Then, off to Emerald Ilse to DukePa's. I will stay until Tuesday and keep Henry so Donna can have some beach time. The kids will leave Friday. Saturday, brunchgate and football. Sunday, I leave for Texas, 6:15 Am flight time, to visit with my cousin and will be gone 11 days. We are going to Austin, San Antonia, Houston and who knows what else. Donna and Henry leave :( Monday to go back home. As I said, crazy!
It was great meeting Henry, the newest Duke fan, and his mom, Donna. Hoping both of them come to this Saturday's tailgate!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 5th, 2011, 11:39 am

Go big or go home = 70" TV for me. I currently have a 60" in my basement. What would I do with all that extra screen space?