For ILJ (via Lavabe)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

For ILJ (via Lavabe)

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 22nd, 2011, 10:11 pm

I posted this on Facebook as a comment to something Kenny Dennard said
During halftime of a game in Cameron, I passed by Nan Keohane in the concourse and said "next year we need a double retirement ceremony to retire #34 for Dunleavy and Spanarkel". She said that was an interesting idea. Then MD abruptly left a year early and so died my brilliant idea. #34 should still be retired for Jimmy!
7 hours ago · Like · 2 people
One of the people who liked it was Marybeth Spanarkel. I think that's pretty cool! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: For ILJ (via Lavabe)

Post by Lavabe » August 23rd, 2011, 8:34 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I posted this on Facebook as a comment to something Kenny Dennard said
During halftime of a game in Cameron, I passed by Nan Keohane in the concourse and said "next year we need a double retirement ceremony to retire #34 for Dunleavy and Spanarkel". She said that was an interesting idea. Then MD abruptly left a year early and so died my brilliant idea. #34 should still be retired for Jimmy!
One of the people who liked it was Marybeth Spanarkel. I think that's pretty cool! B-)
:-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
:9f: :9f: :9f:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 23rd, 2011, 8:41 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I posted this on Facebook as a comment to something Kenny Dennard said
That's way cool!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 23rd, 2011, 9:05 am

Jimmy's #34 should DEFINITELY be retired!! I've been saying that for 32 years. It was a travesty in 1979 and still is today. I hate it when I see other players wearing his number. He is one of the best Duke players ever and deserves this recognition.

Thanks for posting this Ozzie!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 23rd, 2011, 10:46 am

I think Marybeth is Jimmy's older sister. I just sent her a FB friend request. She graduated Duke Med School in 1979 (undergrad elsewhere, graduating in 1975, the year Jimmy matriculated to Duke).
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com