Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Re: Heather Dinich ESPN blog

Post by RSharpe54 » July 20th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Bob Green wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
dpslaw wrote:CB&B, are you referring to the Army game? If I recall correctly, we had two turnovers early in the first three possessions, both leading to Army scores.
That's probably the one, we had like 7 turnovers in the whole game, is was gawdawful to watch.
It was the Miami game and I agree it was gawdawful to watch as I was there watching it. :flame: On the positive side, it was a nice sunny day.
If we had taken advantage of that early turnover against Miami, and actually scored a touchdown we would have had some momentum early. Missed opportunities on offfense and a defense that couldn't stop anyone! Against Army 5 turnovers I believe did us in along with 98 degree weather what a miserable afternoon! :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 20th, 2011, 9:57 pm

RSharpe54 wrote:
Bob Green wrote:The ACC Sports Journal Post-Spring Football Power Rankings has Duke at #11:

http://www.accsports.com/articles/20110 ... nkings.php

Seeing as we've beaten the Cavaliers three straight times, plus the uncertainty at QB in Charlottesville, I do not understand them being ranked ahead of us at #10. A case can also be made that Duke is better than #9 Georgia Tech. November is going to be where the rubber meets the road with games @ Miami, @ Virginia, Georgia Tech and @ UNC. As important as a fast start is going to be this season, a strong finish is going to be equally essential.
I agree with you Bob, but more importantly I was at the Virginia game last year and I never saw a Virginia team so undisiplined; penalties, penalties, and costly mistakes! It was an unbelievable finish though, but to add to the predictions I think Duke is 4th in the Coastal this year overall. That with Virginia Tech first, Miami, Fla. second, UNC third(Although I do think they could be worse depending on the scandal), Duke 4th, Georgia Tech fifth, and Virginia sixth. Georgia Tech lost alot of talent on offense and they have a young inexperienced defense that's unproven in alot of ways. With over half of our starters returning and a more vetran team I can see us placing 4th in the coastal division this season. November is an important month David Cutcliffe is 1-12 in November and he will need to win at least 2 or 3 of those games to get to bowl elgibility in 2011. Duke will and mark my words Duke will beat Virginia, Georgia Tech at home, and UNC finally to end the year. 7-5 in 2011 Bowl Bound! :happy-bouncyblue:
From your mouth to God's ears.... :duke: :duke: :duke: I'm ready to go bowling!
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

UNC going backwards instead of moving on

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 28th, 2011, 1:22 pm

North Carolina is in deeper than any program in the country right now. Overnight, it went from a team reloading on both sides and capable of contending for the Coastal Division to a program completely in rebuilding mode. Dave Hooker of ESPN Recruiting wrote about how many UNC recruits are sticking with their commitments.

A word of advice, guys? Run. As in, 40-yard fast.
=))
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/2 ... -moving-on
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » July 28th, 2011, 8:19 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I liked this quote from her mailbag. (After she gave her preseason power rankings)
Chris in Atlanta, Ga., writes: Seriously. You ranked Duke ahead of Georgia Tech. I know we lost a lot of starters from last year and last year we weren't that great. But under Duke??? Come on. We have Paul Johnson as our Coach.

HD: Yep. And Duke has David Cutcliffe, an equally good coach with a better quarterback right now.
:D :D

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc
You are right David Cutcliffe is a better coach! Paul Johnson is a good coach, but running an option run offense as the one he runs is tough in a power conference such as the ACC. When I say power I mean one of the BCS Conferences of course. Teams are starting to figure out the triple option or option in general. We had Georgia Tech equally each of the last two seasons in some form. In 2009 we had a 10-0 lead up until the kickoff return for a touchdown turned the tide for Duke last year we had the lead we just couldn't finish! **==
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 3rd, 2011, 3:51 pm

HD says Juwan Thompson is Duke's "X-factor". Click link for video.
http://www.espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/ ... nning-game
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 5th, 2011, 8:16 am

HD talks about Cutcliffe's intentions on getting Duke winning.
“There’s things you trick yourself into thinking, 'Oh, this is good,’ but to me, I can’t get away from that scoreboard,” he said. “We want to win. Always. I’m not going to rest until that’s what we consistently do. That’s what our expectations are, to always win more than we lose. When we have special years, guess what? Anything can happen.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/2 ... on-winning
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » August 6th, 2011, 2:01 pm

Chris, those are some nice tailgate paintings you posted over at DBR. The system wouldn't let me give you props ("You must spread some commnets around...") so I'll do it over here:

:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 6th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Bob Green wrote:Chris, those are some nice tailgate paintings you posted over at DBR. The system wouldn't let me give you props ("You must spread some commnets around...") so I'll do it over here:

:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork:
Haha, thanks very much Bob. I have them here too (of course).
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3742
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 9th, 2011, 3:42 pm

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 19th, 2011, 11:43 am

HD pins down UVA and GT as our key games.
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/2 ... tch-duke-2
dpslaw
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by dpslaw » August 20th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » August 21st, 2011, 2:30 am

But HD says we are going to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl and I read an article that said it will be Army vs. a PAC-12 team. Something doesn't add up.
http://www.kraftbowl.org/sports/m-footb ... 11aaa.html
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 21st, 2011, 3:09 am

Cheermom wrote:But HD says we are going to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl and I read an article that said it will be Army vs. a PAC-12 team. Something doesn't add up.
http://www.kraftbowl.org/sports/m-footb ... 11aaa.html
Excellent catch. I'm hoping our bowl is a bit closer than San Francisco, too. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 24th, 2011, 1:15 pm

With one week to go, HD reviews the summer.
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/2 ... mmary-duke
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 29th, 2012, 11:32 am

Good article on Duke's quest for a bowl game (and more than a bowl game).
“We were a good team a year ago with a bad record,” Cutcliffe said. “We have to be better than good, because we’ve got Clemson and Florida State from the other side, which are obviously two of the more talented teams in this league. We’ve got Miami, we’ve got North Carolina. We’ve got Virginia Tech, Stanford. I could go on and on. We’re playing a really vicious schedule. That’s just part of the equation. You’ve got to play beyond good.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/3 ... -bowl-game
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 29th, 2012, 12:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Good article on Duke's quest for a bowl game (and more than a bowl game).
“We were a good team a year ago with a bad record,” Cutcliffe said. “We have to be better than good, because we’ve got Clemson and Florida State from the other side, which are obviously two of the more talented teams in this league. We’ve got Miami, we’ve got North Carolina. We’ve got Virginia Tech, Stanford. I could go on and on. We’re playing a really vicious schedule. That’s just part of the equation. You’ve got to play beyond good.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/3 ... -bowl-game
Yep, time for Cut and the guys to put on their big boy pants and beat the folks we should beat and upset 1 or 3 of the folks we aren't supposed to defeat.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.