News: Isaac Blakeney Suspended

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

The Football Fan
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

News: Isaac Blakeney Suspended

Post by The Football Fan » July 21st, 2011, 5:27 pm

I just heard this over the radio, but apparently at the pigskin preview Coach Cut told everyone that Isaac Blakeney was suspended due to academic issues though he will be eligible to and expects him to return to the team in 2012.

Dude! that sucks...he was my pick for defensive breakout/unexpected difference maker.

Ugh....I guess on a bright side, doesn't that sorta work into an extra redshirt type year? He gets another year to mature physically. Does anyone know if that's the case?
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: News: Isaac Blakeney Suspended

Post by Bob Green » July 21st, 2011, 8:08 pm

The Football Fan wrote:Ugh....I guess on a bright side, doesn't that sorta work into an extra redshirt type year? He gets another year to mature physically. Does anyone know if that's the case?
Here's a link: http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke/story/9892522/

He will lose a year of eligibility so when/if he returns in 2012 he will be a redshirt sophomore with three years of eligibility left. This sucks as I also expected Blakeney to be a key contributor at Safety in the revamped 4-2-5 defense. The good news is it is further proof ethics are alive and well in Durham. We lost John Drew before the 2010 season for criminal activity and now Blakeney for academics. Players at Duke know they have to show up, obey the rules (and the law), go to class and successfully complete their assignments! That's a good thing.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 21st, 2011, 10:42 pm

Hope there were no tutors involved.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 22nd, 2011, 10:54 am

Bob Green wrote:
The Football Fan wrote:Ugh....I guess on a bright side, doesn't that sorta work into an extra redshirt type year? He gets another year to mature physically. Does anyone know if that's the case?

He will lose a year of eligibility so when/if he returns in 2012 he will be a redshirt sophomore with three years of eligibility left. This sucks as I also expected Blakeney to be a key contributor at Safety in the revamped 4-2-5 defense. The good news is it is further proof ethics are alive and well in Durham. We lost John Drew before the 2010 season for criminal activity and now Blakeney for academics. Players at Duke know they have to show up, obey the rules (and the law), go to class and successfully complete their assignments! That's a good thing.
:tools-spork: :tools-spork: :tools-spork: :tools-spork:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
RSharpe54
PW in training
PW in training

Post by RSharpe54 » August 17th, 2011, 5:55 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Bob Green wrote:

:tools-spork: :tools-spork: :tools-spork: :tools-spork:
Well said....Win with Character Players and most importantly win doing things the right way! :happy-bouncyblue: